Classy

Dave

Without wishing to derail the debate GM, it was for principles that he left the club the second time. You can level abuse at him for stepping down but really the only accusation you can make is that he was too naive to take the job the second time without realising what he was letting himself in for

Thinking about it a bit more, I think I still have issues about him leaving the first time around. Never got my head round his reasons for leaving us like that. Still haven't. But it strikes me he was thinking more of himself both times he left than he was ever thinking of us.

Anyway, the points you were making in the original post from which this wee digression stems were all 100% spot on.

I was always wary of KKs comeback for a number of reasons:

- His first spell was so blindingly exciting that his second coming was always gonna look pale by comparison.

- By his own admission, he was out of the footballing loop and not watching regular Premier League football.

- In his first spell, players like Rob Lee and Ferdinand cited KK being a hero of theirs as a reason for joining. The 2008 generation of players probably knew KK for being that bloke that ranted on about "loving it".

- The league had changed with NUFC no longer having the financial muscle. Once KK had us in the Premier League in 1993, our transfer policy was based on spending muscle which we no longer had in 2008.

- As a bloke, he was seemingly irreversibly harmed by 1996 and later the criticism he received as England boss. He wasn't the great motivator he once was. Could anyone ever imagine the 1993 KK coming out with that line about "we're a million miles away."

Bringing managers back after a successful first spell doesn't usually work. It was shameful how it ended up with KK being ousted but the decision to bring him back was one that should never really have been given the time of day.

Guest Howaythetoon

KK can't handle pressure eh? What like playing in European Cup finals, FA Cup finals, the World Cup, scoring goals for fun inf front of thousands of people, dealing with the media like he was some kind of media expert and generally dragging a club up on the verge of oblivion all the way to within a whisker of winning the title based mainly on his charisma and err, ability to handle pressure. Aye rightio Del boy :lol:

I'll tell you who can't handle pressure, Ashley. That statement he put out after a few boos against Hull was childish and akin to "I'm taking my ball home". Del boy can't handle pressure either. We are sitting in 3rd and already he's ranting and raving like a lunatic :lol:

I hope the pair of them go to bed one night and never wake up, pair of odious c***s.

Oh, so now because we're 3rd in the league and, according to the media, Ashely is beginning to get it right, it's OK for Llambias to come out and act like a cunt and piss all over the fans again?

Fuck off, you cunts. Eleven games doesn't change a thing. Fucking twats.

So many tears in this thread :yao:

Hasn't been a great week for this board. Hysteria, sobbing, pant wetting and foaming at the mouth. You name it, we've had it.

Lambias is a twat - however, although he was pissed, he didnt slag the fans off or the geordie women. this could have been a whole lot worse - part of me wishes it was but we dont need a good season disrailing.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Hasn't been a great week for this board. Hysteria, sobbing, pant wetting and foaming at the mouth. You name it, we've had it.

People making snide comments like yours hasn't improved the quality of the board, so try not to be quite so smug.

I was always wary of KKs comeback for a number of reasons:

- His first spell was so blindingly exciting that his second coming was always gonna look pale by comparison.

- By his own admission, he was out of the footballing loop and not watching regular Premier League football.

- In his first spell, players like Rob Lee and Ferdinand cited KK being a hero of theirs as a reason for joining. The 2008 generation of players probably knew KK for being that bloke that ranted on about "loving it".

- The league had changed with NUFC no longer having the financial muscle. Once KK had us in the Premier League in 1993, our transfer policy was based on spending muscle which we no longer had in 2008.

- As a bloke, he was seemingly irreversibly harmed by 1996 and later the criticism he received as England boss. He wasn't the great motivator he once was. Could anyone ever imagine the 1993 KK coming out with that line about "we're a million miles away."

Bringing managers back after a successful first spell doesn't usually work. It was shameful how it ended up with KK being ousted but the decision to bring him back was one that should never really have been given the time of day.

"I didn't have a brochure this time. It came like a whirlwind — it is like one of those lastminute.com holidays!

"There was no brochure — I just came. The exciting thing for me is that it is all here and it is a question of can we just package it and pull it all together? "

That was a quote from Keegan a week after the second coming. Doesn't exactly sound as if he did much research on his new boss, discussed the role, etc from that.

Ashley shouldn't have entertained the idea. Keegan should have been shrewd enough to turn it down.

Was just a mess that started a horrendous chain of events.

Are we really debating if Keegan can handle the pressure?! :lol:

After his outburst when Fergie was winding him up and resigning from the England managers job while hiding in the toilets after a game it should be self explanatory.

Shearer was also a complete joke as manager, joking and waving with the Liverpool fans while we were going down.

Carroll was never worth £35 million which is pretty clear now.

Harsh on Hughton but you can picture him being indecisive and a bit of a yes man, not his fault he's the quiet type.

However things like this shouldn't be said in public by someone so high up in the club, he should keep a lid on it in future.

People making snide comments like yours hasn't improved the quality of the board, so try not to be quite so smug.

Agreed, don't understand a lot of the WUMs in some of the threads that are obviously have emotions running pretty high.  Sometimes the odd wind up is a but funny but some the posters who spend their whole day on here doing it (we know who they are), Jesus....

And I'm not including you in that bracket anyway Otter.

The only part I take serious issue is the "dont realise how horrible we can be" bit.

Even then we don't know the accuracy or source of this story. "A group of fans in a pub" is hardly a trusted source. If they have an agenda against Llambias, there's every chance the story had been embellished.

The only part I take serious issue is the "dont realise how horrible we can be" bit.

Even then we don't know the accuracy or source of this story. "A group of fans in a pub" is hardly a trusted source. If they have an agenda against Llambias, there's every chance the story had been embellished.

Ashley and Llambias have threatened papers in the past though haven't they?  I assume they'll do the same here if either one has been massively misquoted/misrepresented.

Ashley and Llambias have threatened papers in the past though haven't they?  I assume they'll do the same here if either one has been massively misquoted/misrepresented.

His outburst was taped, I wouldn't mind hearing it to get some idea of the context of it.