Recent Away Allocations

Crumpy Gunt

Have been abysmal.

Man City 1700

Man U 1800

Norwich 1400

Now everyone (majority anyway) have signed on the ten year deal has Ashley peddled the box office staff so they can no longer handle 3000 allocations? I don't think there's a single chance we wouldn't have sold 3000 for any of the above three. In my opinion none of the above three would have made public sale after the ST / Members periods of sale.

I've had to cancel plans to visit on three separate occasions this season because the away match that coincided with my business trip to Europe sold out before members sale. Even had a plane ticket booked for Wolves.

Really don't understand why the allocations are so low.

They claimed it was because of what happened in pre-season with the pitch invasion.

that was the no public sale, not small allocations?

fair enough if its on tv, but 3pm saturday's would generally be fine

Is it not upto whoever we play how many tickets we are given ? Mind if was just that then you would think the club would complain about it.

Are we not being a bit paranoid to think its Ashley wanting fans to spend their money here instead of on away games?

It's the away club who decide how many tickets they take. We've always took the smaller allocations this season which is annoying.

Blackburn and Wigan are the only ones we seem to take the full allocations for :/

The club get charged though if they take 3,000 tickets and don't sell them all though don't they?

They claimed it was because of what happened in pre-season with the pitch invasion.

pretty sure when the chronicle done that 'ask the board questions' thing, one of the questions was about the small away allocations and they blamed it on darlo...which i thought was bollocks because were the away allocations not lower last season as well??

fair enough if its on tv, but 3pm saturday's would generally be fine

Hmmm, maybe. This question was answered when the 'board' did that Q&A thing back in September I think it was.

Not that their answers really mean much, but might give an insight. Have a look.  :)

This is an issue that has be raised. We should be entitled to 2700 at Carrow Road...

If the 10% rule that the club quoted in the summer is true - we should have had 4000-6000 for the Manchester matches. What the fuck is the club playing at?!

Tbf, the question isnt really clear on whether its about the allocation

Are you aware of fans' disgruntlement with the away ticketing policy given the Toon Army are amongst the most loyal fans in the UK, and will you consider reviewing the policy?

YES, we’re aware that some fans are unhappy with the changes we’ve made.

There was however a lot of anger from the majority of law-abiding fans at the behaviour of a few at our friendly game against Darlington that evening, and it’s as a result of their behaviour that we have introduced these restrictions.

We did so to protect the reputation of the club. The scenes we witnessed at Darlington were disgraceful and cannot be repeated. The changes we’ve made ensure that the club has better control over who gets access to away tickets so that people who break the law are able to be identified much more easily.

If non season ticket holders want to purchase tickets for away games, then it’s very simple to do so by way of a club membership.

The rule is: 3,000 or 10 per cent of capacity, whichever is lowest. Host clubs can choose to increase that. They can also reduce it below those requirements with permission from SGSA.

What is the point of having 12th man membership?

Another money-making exercise by the club.

It's the away club who decide how many tickets they take. We've always took the smaller allocations this season which is annoying.

Blackburn and Wigan are the only ones we seem to take the full allocations for :/

The club get charged though if they take 3,000 tickets and don't sell them all though don't they?

Isn't it to do with the fact that with some clubs you have to pay for all unsold tickets so rather than take the higher allocation and risk a few unsold tickets, NUFC always choose the lower allocation.  I am sure they get an option to take a higher allocation  but choose not to.  I expect it is clubs who know they can sell tickets to their own supporters that will enforce this policy whereas clubs like Wigan and Blackburn are just happy to sell as as many as they can which is why we take so many supporters to those grounds.

So far we have taken reduced allocations at Stoke, City, Man U, Norwich, Wolves and QPR. We also got fewer tickets for the Mackem game because of segregation, which, as annoying as it seemed, was probably the right decision.

Of those reduced allocations Stoke and QPR were justified - Monday night games on TV etc.

The rest we would definitely have sold more tickets for - that isn't just speculation, that is all but factual based on the majority of those other games not even going to members sale.

Think we took a full allocation at Villa but didn't sell it. The facts that ticket prices were relatively high for this game, it was in the summer, we go there every year and maybe even the relegation memories probably stopped a few from attending this one.

The problem is we do not know for sure if it is us only taking smaller allocations, the other clubs reducing our allocations on the basis of persistent standing or a mixture of the two. I would imagine, despite the 3000/10% rule being in place, that it is pretty easy for a club to turn around and use persistent standing/police advice/segregation issues as a reason for giving less tickets.

If the club chose to take a reduced allocation at Norwich it is almost understandable given the high ticket prices and the distance it is to travel, however, with the benefit of hindsight that was the wrong decision. Surely though the club should be pushing for the maximum available allocations at places like City, Man U etc. on a saturday afternoon? The more support the team has the better and it also looks pretty embarrassing when we have like 1500 at OT given that we often criticise the size of the away followings teams like Fulham, Wigan, Bolton etc bring to SJP.

So far we have taken reduced allocations at Stoke, City, Man U, Norwich, Wolves and QPR. We also got fewer tickets for the Mackem game because of segregation, which, as annoying as it seemed, was probably the right decision.

Of those reduced allocations Stoke and QPR were justified - Monday night games on TV etc.

The rest we would definitely have sold more tickets for - that isn't just speculation, that is all but factual based on the majority of those other games not even going to members sale.

Think we took a full allocation at Villa but didn't sell it. The facts that ticket prices were relatively high for this game, it was in the summer, we go there every year and maybe even the relegation memories probably stopped a few from attending this one.

The problem is we do not know for sure if it is us only taking smaller allocations, the other clubs reducing our allocations on the basis of persistent standing or a mixture of the two. I would imagine, despite the 3000/10% rule being in place, that it is pretty easy for a club to turn around and use persistent standing/police advice/segregation issues as a reason for giving less tickets.

If the club chose to take a reduced allocation at Norwich it is almost understandable given the high ticket prices and the distance it is to travel, however, with the benefit of hindsight that was the wrong decision. Surely though the club should be pushing for the maximum available allocations at places like City, Man U etc. on a saturday afternoon? The more support the team has the better and it also looks pretty embarrassing when we have like 1500 at OT given that we often criticise the size of the away followings teams like Fulham, Wigan, Bolton etc bring to SJP.

:thup:

Isn't it to do with the fact that with some clubs you have to pay for all unsold tickets so rather than take the higher allocation and risk a few unsold tickets, NUFC always choose the lower allocation.  I am sure they get an option to take a higher allocation  but choose not to.  I expect it is clubs who know they can sell tickets to their own supporters that will enforce this policy whereas clubs like Wigan and Blackburn are just happy to sell as as many as they can which is why we take so many supporters to those grounds.

Spot on.

As posted in the Norwich thread, this was their response to me last season:

Hi there,

Opposition clubs offer a number of ticket options to us - some on a sale or return basis and some on a sale only basis. The Club makes a decision on a game by game basis regarding how many tickets it forecasts it can sell based on demand at that time. 

It is a careful balance between ensuring that supporters have the opportunity to buy tickets for away matches (and having a strong vocal support for these games) and ensuring that we mitigate the risk of being left with unsold tickets that we have to pay for.  If we are left with a remnant of tickets this is wasted money that cannot be spent elsewhere, for example, player investment.

Kind Regards

Box Office

Just seems mad that we're selling out 4-6 weeks before the actual game, yet we still pesevere (sp) with taking the sale and return only allocation.  The box office are an utter shambles though, still not even got my members pack  :dave:

Isn't it to do with the fact that with some clubs you have to pay for all unsold tickets so rather than take the higher allocation and risk a few unsold tickets, NUFC always choose the lower allocation.

Aye, that's what I heard. Just worded it wrong before :p

Good post.  I would also argue that Villa would offer 2500-3000 on a slae and return basis.  Their crowds have been getting smaller and smaller and there seems to be 1000s of empty seats every week now.

The loyalty point system is f***ed up aswell. I have got tickets for Man Utd and Man City away while the points were at 25 and i have nowhere near that amount. Not complaining like but it is unfair on people who have the points and miss out.

same, i managed to order 2 for me and me mate for man u....  it hasnt been adding my loyalty points either, which is annoying

Agreed with all your post other than this. Just want to point out that any time a club gets its tickets cut due to standing then the reasoning is made very clear. Back in the day I remember Boro kept cutting ours for standing iirc. The only club that seems to regularly suffer from these cuts is Man utd, and each time statements are released by clubs/authorities to try and discourage further standing.

I find it odd that we keep insisting on taking such small allocations, although I suppose given some of the crazy prices teams are charging us these days it's no real surprise that the club doesn't want to risk getting an extra 1,000 or so tickets priced at £45.

The loyalty point system is f***ed up aswell. I have got tickets for Man Utd and Man City away while the points were at 25 and i have nowhere near that amount. Not complaining like but it is unfair on people who have the points and miss out.

same, i managed to order 2 for me and me mate for man u....  it hasnt been adding my loyalty points either, which is annoying

I've been buying tickets online for home and away games for about 6 years and I think I still have only about 4 loyalty points. I don't the system or how it works at all, it's stupid.

Guest michaelfoster

This is the reason iirc