Norwich

Heron

I live in Ipswich and can say I honestly wouldn't waste the 12 quid train fare for a night out there, unless it's taking in a gig, which it's good for. Try and coincide it with a night at the Waterfront or UEA. The 'nightspots' themselves are fucking horrific. I don't say it often, but my favourite spot in the city centre apart from the Waterfront is a Wetherspoons, says it all.

And fuck you Ronny, I've got quite small ears.  :la:

I live in Ipswich and can say I honestly wouldn't waste the 12 quid train fare for a night out there, unless it's taking in a gig, which it's good for. Try and coincide it with a night at the Waterfront or UEA. The 'nightspots' themselves are f***ing horrific. I don't say it often, but my favourite spot in the city centre apart from the Waterfront is a Wetherspoons, says it all.

And f*** you Ronny, I've got quite small ears.  :la:

So Ipswich would be better?

I live in Norwich but i'm not from there. It's not a bad city, more of a big town feel than a city. It's got some really good pubs and a few nice clubs. Basically if you stay off Prince of Wales road which is a street of nightclubs you'll be fine. Most of them are full of chavs. As mentioned above try to tie in with a night at Waterfront (do a great 90's night) or LCR at the uni.

I've got tickets for it as well but in the home end! Couldn't get one for away. There are a few pubs around the ground for before and just after the game which are decent, Coach and Horses beside the train station prob being the best option or there is a 'spoons at "riverside" which is basically a street of bars and restaurants.

I live in Ipswich and can say I honestly wouldn't waste the 12 quid train fare for a night out there, unless it's taking in a gig, which it's good for. Try and coincide it with a night at the Waterfront or UEA. The 'nightspots' themselves are f***ing horrific. I don't say it often, but my favourite spot in the city centre apart from the Waterfront is a Wetherspoons, says it all.

Neither. :lol: Just saying I'd rather stick in my home town and have a shit night than pay £12 extra for the privelege, unless, like I say, there's a good band on. Where are you coming from? I'd say either stick further up north or pop to London, not that I know a thing about London nights out, but there has to be good places somewhere, worth missing out on East Anglia for.

Neither. :lol: Just saying I'd rather stick in my home town and have a s*** night than pay £12 extra for the privelege, unless, like I say, there's a good band on. Where are you coming from? I'd say either stick further up north or pop to London, not that I know a thing about London nights out, but there has to be good places somewhere, worth missing out on East Anglia for.

Newcastle, and I'm not expecting it to be as good as it is up here tbf. Just want to know what it's like i.e. is it more like a Leeds/Manchester sorta place to go drinking or maybe a Liverpool/Newcastle or possibly even like a Hexham...

Newcastle, and I'm not expecting it to be as good as it is up here tbf. Just want to know what it's like i.e. is it more like a Leeds/Manchester sorta place to go drinking or maybe a Liverpool/Newcastle or possibly even like a Hexham...

If you are even considering comparing it to Newcastle, Leeds or Manchester you are going to be sorely disappointed. If i was giving a choice between the two for a night out I would pick Hexham like.

If you are even considering comparing it to Newcastle, Leeds or Manchester you are going to be sorely disappointed. If i was giving a choice between the two for a night out I would pick Hexham like.

Do you mean between Norwich and Hexham?

Guest Roger Kint

As a former regular of nights out of Hexham I find it hard to believe that Norwich, a city of well over 10x it's size, it's at least a fair bit better.

Was there this year, it was pretty shit. Spent the rest of the time in a little village pub just outside cos it wasnt worth the effort getting a taxi through after one shit night in town.