what happens in a Depression?

ian

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

Stagflation and crime increases.

But don't worry, the Prime Minister of The South of England, The Bank of the South East of England and The Queen of the South East of England won't run out of champagne this Christmas.

Depends on what you (or your parents, depending on your age) work in and how much of your savings you've invested.

If you have a job in the public sector and have everything tucked away in a bank account, you'd barely notice anything.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Depends on what you (or your parents, depending on your age) work in and how much of your savings you've invested.

If you have a job in the public sector and have everything tucked away in a bank account, you'd barely notice anything.

Erm, those are the jobs that get cut first and have their pensions shored up pretty quickly.

Erm, those are the jobs that get cut first and have their pensions shored up pretty quickly.

Not over here. :p

You've basically just named two of the most vulnerable commodities to a depression. :lol:

You've basically just named two of the most vulnerable commodities to a depression. :lol:

I already mentioned the public sector thing and your savings account is infinitely safer relative to any sort of investment. (Aside from gold, I suppose.)

I already mentioned the public sector thing and your savings account is infinitely safer relative to any sort of investment. (Aside from gold, I suppose.)

At best, your savings won't accumulate as much interest. At worst, they could disappear completely.

At best, your savings won't accumulate as much interest. At worst, they could disappear completely.

They are safer than anything you put into an investment portfolio. Obviously they're not as safe as cash you've stashed under your pillow.

Come on, you know what point I'm actually trying to make here, stop being an ass just for the sake of being one :lol: