Steak

Disco

What type? How cooked? Sauce (what type or should the meat speak for itself)?

My preference would be a medium rare to rare rib-eye, prefer the creamier flavour of the cut thanks to the slightly more fat although saying that I'll happily gobble down any type of well cooked quality steak.

Usually prefer a garlic butter chimichurri or just nowt to an actual sauce but if I'm having one it'll always be peppercorn.

Obligatory picture...

http://www.asadoargentina.com/aaimg/bdcraw.jpg

...Discuss.

Rare or blue, not adverse to a good peppercorn or garlic sauce but will happily have it bareback. If I'm doing it myself I do rare sirloin with a fresh chilli and garlic sauce quickly done in the pan while the meat rests then ran over some pasta.

Got an Aunt that's a chef and gets the most awesome steak, got some fillet for my birthday. Birthday steak>birthday cake, even had a candle in it.

Always well done until I had to cook my own once and got impatient, ended up very pleasantly surprised by a medium/medium rare. I'm not a connoisseur by any means, like. I stick with the good ol', cheap rump.

Guest elbee909

well done, sirloin peppercorn sauce. Don't we already have  a steak thread ?

uh-oh..

:snod:

Shame you're just wrong.  Simply wrong. :)

Absolutely no point in having a steak cooked well done. May as well chew on your fucking shoe for half an hour.

:thup: Always used to argue this back in the day. But since being converted I genuinely don't know how people do it.

If a waiter brought nearly any other cooked dish out 'rare', you'd spit in their face and shove it up their arse. I don't see why steak should be any different.

Should be cooked IMO, not burnt (well done) or slapped on the arse and sent out (rare) :snod: