Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Saturday 26th November @ 3pm

Guest VaVaVoom

Be properly narked if they hammer us. Tired of getting humped at Old Trafford.

-------------------------------- Krul ---------------------------------

Simpson -------- STaylor ---------- Coloccini --------- RTaylor

------------------------------- Tiote --------------------------------

------------------- Cabaye --------- Guthrie ---------------------

-- Ba ------------------------------------------------------ Jonas --

------------------------------- Best ---------------------------------

Clear to me that we need to change something for the Manu game. Pack the midfield, cos it got overran today. Means dropping one of HBA or Jonas (assuming Best is fit again), and i would go for Jonas, due to his defensive attributes.

Mental that you wouldn't play Ben Arfa after today.

Pardew's already said that he'll be playing nowhere but up top. If he's not gonna play down the wing... and Best's fit... then he loses his place as far as i'm concerned.

Why though? Because he can hold the ball up?

Yeah. Would have liked to have seen how we did today with him in the side. If we'd had the ball in City's half for any more than the odd fleeting second*, we might have been level at half-time and it's a different game. That's not a detriment to Ben Arfa, who had a really good game, it's just the fact that Best holds onto the ball and Ba is good at dropping deep and playing the wings. It helped us go eleven games unbeaten, anyway.

*or got more than about 27% altogether.

We also may have been leading if Ba had taken his chances. So it could also have been a different game then.

Chances go begging every single game - what has that got to do with playing HBA over Best? I don't really see your point, Tooj...

We need to put three in the centre of midfield in my opinion because, regardless of Tiote's absence, we got overran there today (and i also think Guthrie deserves to keep his place).

I think we should play Best because we need to hold onto the ball in the opposition's half more.

I'd also play Jonas ahead of Ben Arfa because he is better from a defensive point of view, despite a thoroughly average performance from him today.

Ba's one of the first names on the team sheet.

That's my reasoning behind it, i don't think it's too radical thinking. I'm not debating that Ben Arfa played well today and i'm fully aware of his attributes, and how they could damage Man Utd. But in all honesty, i've got no problem ushering him back to the role of impact sub for next week. There's no harm in taking incremental steps with him; he'll get there. I wouldn't even be disappointed to see us revert back to the 'usual XI', if Obertan is fit. I mean, if we were gonna go 4-4-2 again, it would be nice to have HBA down the right ahead of Obertan. But apparantly that's never going to happen.

Expecting this

Krul

Simpson  Saylor.  Colo.    Raylor

Sammy.      Tiote.  Cabaye.  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Yorkie - I really don't think we need to play three in the middle against Man Utd's central midfield. It's really nothing spectacular.

We should go there with nothing to fear, we all know how great they have been at home over the years, but we shouldn't fear them. The team we played today have a better team, and we gave them a good game, and that was without Tiote.

Expecting this

Krul

Simpson  Saylor.  Colo.    Raylor

Sammy.      Tiote.  Cabaye.  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

Agree.

Didn't think Sammy was all that special today [awaits onslaught], so i'd be disappointed to see him start if Obertan and HBA are both available for the wing.

He was the pick of pretty poor bunch IMO along with HBA. It's refreshing to see him just play fearlessly. Put a shift in coming back too which after his "attempts" at  doing so v Everton proved me totally wrong.

I thought he showcased what little we already know of him. Pace, running, fearlessness. I'm not saying he had a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, he was certainly one of our better players. Hate to bring up the two words, but there was no 'end product' to justify the label of 'fantastic'.

Didn't think Sammy was all that special today [awaits onslaught], so i'd be disappointed to see him start if Obertan and HBA are both available for the wing.

I don't think Obertan will be fit and I think Pardew's gonna dig his heels in over not playing HBA wide but wont wanna drop him after today.

I hope.

Krul

Simpson          Coloccini        :saylor:      Santon

Sammy              :tiote:          Cabaye        Jonas

Hatem

Ba