Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Saturday 26th November @ 3pm

Guest VaVaVoom

Similar strategy as against Stoke for me, recognise that most their threat comes down the wings, so try and clog them up as much as possible. Their central midfield is not up to too much and we should go right for their defence without showing too much respect.

Similar strategy as against Stoke for me, recognise that most their threat comes down the wings, so try and clog them up as much as possible. Their central midfield is not up to too much and we should go right for their defence without showing too much respect.

Totally agree. No reason why Cabaye and Tiote can't match their midfield.

Honestly believe we can get something from this, Swansea are playing United off the park if they can why cant we?

Reason why struggled against City is because we gave them too much respect in the first half and thier midfield is probably one of the best in the league......

Honestly believe with Tiote-Cabaye-Ben Arfa triangle we have a better midfield than United and we shouldnt be afraid of them.....

Bring Santon in and hopefully Tiote is back from injury and i fully believe we can get something.

After seeing Man United grind out another result tonight there's no reason we shouldn't have confiidence for this. The probelm is their wingers up against our full backs is the stuff of nightmares. I fancy us to battle hard but narrowly lose out by the odd goal.

Pardew reckoned Obertan fit for this in post match interview btw, so...

Krul

Simpson  Saylor    Colo    Raylor

Obertan    Tiote    Cabaye    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

As others have said central midfield is where we should capitalise here so get HBA and Cabaye linking up and Ba running through on goal.

Guest Minusmensch

Another rather weak match bu Man United today. I can't imagine Newcastle not getting at least one point today. This is the match where Obertan will show himself for sure and score a hattick. Two assists by Ben Arfa and one by Raylor.

Guest Minusmensch

Swansea are a good side at home, and Man U aren't going to run riot with every single game away from home. They got a good result today, no question.

But Swansea wasn't bad. They were close, and should have had 1-1 ad one point. But Man United started the season incredicle, but they haven't been able to deliver very well since the. Evra and Nani has been shit, Rooney haven't been 1/10th of what he was at the start of the season and so on. That's my opinion, at least. I'm not impressed by what I have seen by them lately.

The problem with Man United, moreso than City who just steamroller, is that Hernandez is going to bury whatever chance they get, they seem the kind of side at the moment who are going to score no matter the run of play sometimes, and not maybe put the game to bed, but they have that threat.

We need to take our chances better than against City. Tiote should help Cabaye get further forward and provide better distribution, and maybe get something onto a head better.

He's barely had a kick in our colours man, we don't know if he's even fully fit given that he didn't play for the Italy U21s midweek despite being their captain. Giving him his full debut at Old Trafford could be a masterstroke but it could easily be a disaster.

Whispers from Pardew suggest we could be back to the back nine that have served us thus far :thup: (Krul, Simmo, the Taylors, Colo, Obertan, Tiote, Cabaye and Jonas).

Add to that either Ba and Best, or Ba and HBA, and I'll be happy enough.

I honestly, honestly would prefer Shola over Ba in the "hold up striker" role. Ba wasn't even challenging for the ball against Lescott most of the time and even when he gets it he loses it so easily. Best would probably be better than either of them though, unless Tottenham Shola reappears.

The weakness (and not a fatal weakness) of playing players on form even when theoretically better players available is that when the form goes you have to suddenly bring in the other player without being bedded into the team, and this is a bad time to do that, so it's a dilemma. I reckon bring in Santon though, we need to be strong on flanks, can';t afford a repeat of that performance.

I honestly, honestly would prefer Shola over Ba in the "hold up striker" role. Ba wasn't even challenging for the ball against Lescott most of the time and even when he gets it he loses it so easily. Best would probably be better than either of them though, unless Tottenham Shola reappears.

Shola is rubbish, ffs stop forgetting that!

Shola.    :yikes:

Shola is rubbish, ffs stop forgetting that!

But but, Tottenham Shola :(

Seriously though it isn't so much about Shola being good as it is about Ba being shit at the lone striker role.