Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Saturday 26th November @ 3pm

Guest VaVaVoom

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I honestly, honestly would prefer Shola over Ba in the "hold up striker" role. Ba wasn't even challenging for the ball against Lescott most of the time and even when he gets it he loses it so easily. Best would probably be better than either of them though, unless Tottenham Shola reappears.

Shola is rubbish, ffs stop forgetting that!

Has become far too highly rated while he's away.

Thing about these fuckers is that they give away chances. They have done so in just about every game this season. Some teams have punished them, others haven't. I think that if were clinical enough we get a draw and at a very optimistic push, a win. Lets fucking go at these cunts. theyre not that good, if we lose fuck it who cares, but we can take these wankers.

Strangely confident about this game.

Krul

Simpson  Saylor Colo Santon

Cabaye Guthrie

Sameobi          HBA    Jonas

Ba

Bench:

Obertan

Tiote

Best

Kadar

Gosling

Raylor

Elliot

Krul

Cabaye Guthrie

Ba

Bench:

Obertan

Tiote

Best

Kadar

Gosling

Raylor

Elliot

Tiote on the bench

:yao:

Krul

Cabaye Guthrie

Ba

Bench:

Obertan

Tiote

Best

Kadar

Gosling

Raylor

Elliot

Tiote on the bench

:yao:

Exactly if he's back he will start - no doubt about that.

If Obertan is fit, his pace could be a great outlet on their pitch which is a big one. I think this game is suited to Ben Arfa too and he's showing promising signs after yesterdays performance, it could be very difficult to pick up for Man U. Tiote being fit for this will be massive really but I think he'll also probably stick with Raylor at left back. The problem for Raylor against the top sides is there's always a chance he's going to get shown up with his lack of pace and positioning. The lad has done very well up until now but a few more mistakes in the next couple of games and surely Santon will come in. Old Trafford will be another thorough examination for him but I don't want him to fail just so Santon can come in, far from it.

--------------------------Krul

Simpson------Taylor---------Coloccini------Santon

-------------------Cabaye----Tiote

---Obertan--------------------------------Jonas

-----------------------Ba-------Best

Really need to take the game to them. Love Ben Arfa to get the nod at right wing if Obertan isn't fit. Wouldn't even mind SAmeobi either tbh. Whoever plays in that position will have to be really focused and disciplined in tracking back when we don't have the ball.

Best and Ba are our best front pairing, so both must start if fit imo.

I'd keep the same side. The sooner we can get Santon involved the better, but changing a settled back four when you're coming to the second toughest game in the season probably isn't wise. We'd lose more than we'd gain.

I'd agree with those who say Shola is the best we have in a holding role up front, but he's unlikely to be fully fit for next week.

I'd definitely keep Ben Arfa in that No 10 role, rather than play with two out and out strikers. In a game where we're likely to struggle, a player who can produce something out of nothing can be crucial.

How do we know that? Ba and Ben Arfa have played one PL game together.

Well we have quite a few examples of how well these two work together. IMO Best will be even better with HBA, but Ba is our top scorer and shouldn't be dropped on current form. I agree that we haven't seen enough of HBA and Ba together, but I'm not sure OT is the place to try it.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor        Coloccini  Santon

Obertan  Tiote          Cabaye  Jonas

HBA

Ba

That team is sexy.

Other than 1 or 2 matches Man Utd have been shite at home and if the Mackems and Norwich can go there and have a go, then that team should be able to go at them aswell with the confidence of getting a result.

Anything's a bonus but a draw isn't a million miles away.  A lot will depend on how Nani/Rooney play.

Well we have quite a few examples of how well these two work together. IMO Best will be even better with HBA, but Ba is our top scorer and shouldn't be dropped on current form. I agree that we haven't seen enough of HBA and Ba together, but I'm not sure OT is the place to try it.

You're right, the Etihad stadium was the place to try it,and they did well against the best team in the country,both had chances. All this clamour to fit Leon Best back in the team is making my eyes burn, we should give Ba and Ben Arfa a chance to work because they're better players.

You're right, the Etihad stadium was the place to try it,and they did well against the best team in the country,both had chances. All this clamour to fit Leon Best back in the team is making my eyes burn, we should give Ba and Ben Arfa a chance to work because they're better players.

Dude, you're right. It worked to a certain extent, and with a bit of luck, it would have been a resounding success. I may be a bit biased towards Best as I think he's the dog's bollocks. My favorite forward at the club at the moment, and I think he's a bit underrated by our own fans.

Best and Ba, when you look at them in isolation, are a pretty poor pairing imo, mainly because their linkup play between each is either diabolical or non-existent and their linkup play with the midfield is mediocre at best. When they try to pass to each other (very rare) they'll either be offside, unable to play the right pass, or unable to control the ball adequately. At best they'll hold the ball up, possibly win a free kick, there's the odd Best run that suprises everyone in the stadium, but for the most part they're more like two independently operating workhorses who's main job is to hassle/batter defenders and hope a chance comes their way in the box - in other words they lack any kind of significant quality on the ball. Neither have anything like the necessary ability to drop deep and contribute to the midfield, when Ba does this (as he usually does when in a partnership with Best) he's constantly losing possession or looking like a fish out of water imo. On some days the midfield is good enough to compensate for that kind of strike force and so it doesn't matter how poorly they're linking up with midfield or between themselves, on other days where the opposition nullifies the midfield it's clearly a problem and we've needed Ben Arfa to come in and provide a better link between midfield and attack, or look to other options on the bench (e.g. Shola).

Ideally we should be looking at getting a new striker in Jan who can play on the shoulders of the centrebacks and make use of good passing from the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa. Ba yesterday wasted two excellent chances that, had he taken them, would have changed the game entirely - the one where he was put through on goal and half a yard ahead of two defenders, yet checked back because he didn't have the confidence (or pace) to carry it on, showed his limitations imo. Someone in the mould of Anelka/Defoe is what we need to be looking for.