Teams around us...

Guest VaVaVoom

Guest VaVaVoom

We have the "Other games" thread but thought it would be a good idea to have this thread to talk about how the teams around us are doing throught the season.

At this point in time we are sitting pretty healthy.

Chelsea and Tottenham are our immediate worries.

I win thmora for Chelsea would see us drop to 4th but that isnt a forgone conclusion what with Liverpool having the chance to move level on points with them should they secure an away win. Be a good game.

Spurs who play Villa at home on Monday and who have a extra game in hand are the team im most worried about. We could do with a nice favour from Mcleish on Monday but they will be up against it thats for sure. Who is Spurs game in hand and when is it to be played?

We have the "Other games" thread but thought it would be a good idea to have this thread to talk about how the teams around us are doing throught the season.

At this point in time we are sitting pretty healthy.

Chelsea and Tottenham are our immediate worries.

I win thmora for Chelsea would see us drop to 4th but that isnt a forgone conclusion what with Liverpool having the chance to move level on points with them should they secure an away win. Be a good game.

Spurs who play Villa at home on Monday and who have a extra game in hand are the team im most worried about. We could do with a nice favour from Mcleish on Monday but they will be up against it thats for sure. Who is Spurs game in hand and when is it to be played?

Everton at home but don't know when it's to be played.

We have no teams around us, There is Man city who are a class apart, Man U, Chelsea, Maybe we are good enough to compete with others I have no idea tbh, and even if we do well all season staying in the top even in the ast 5 games if we top 4 Ill still have no idea how good we are until the end of the season.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think if you can say the top 4 will finish...

Man Citeh

Man Utd

Chelsea

Arsenal

Then you have Spurs and Liverpool batteling for 5th, we could also be in the same battle with at least 2 quality signings in January.

Beyond them we are by far and away the best team ahead of the likes of Fulham, Everton and Villa who you would expect to be pushing for 7th spot.

Guest VaVaVoom

Spurs could well finish above Arsenal but we should still be aiming to mix it with those 3 if you like for a top 6 finish.

7th is our most realistic finishing place and i dont see any of the other teams wanting to finish there being anywhere near as good as us.

Undecided over Spurs or Arsenal winning that little derby for position, think Arsenal with Wilshere will be rather improved. Van Persie's usual injury will be a disaster, but could bolster in January.

Spurs I can never quite rate...they're attacking and fun to watch so by rights should back them up, but have this nagging doubt they'll have a terrible run at some point.

Personally I hope it'll be an ugly, mean-spirited 0-0 with lots of injuries and sendings-off.

There's no way we'll finish lower than 7th this season.

I wouldn't go that far just yet, but with a ten point headstart I'd be disappointed if we went that far backwards. January is a key period.

Guest VaVaVoom

I'd say a Villa win is best to be honest. Confident of us finishing above them and it would help us mix it with the big boys for as long as possible.

4 teams below us all on 22 points while we're on 25.  Will still be in a very good position if/when we get beat next week.

Really hope we get at Chelsea and turn them over.

Liverpool have City next too so we'll no doubt be at least 6th still come the end of next weekend.

Guest VaVaVoom

Cant see Liverpool beating Citeh like....they were nothing special today just worked hard.

That said....Liverpool showed today that Chelsea are beatable and that was at Stamford bridge.

I think we COULD get 4 points from the next two games.