Players Boots

Skirge

Must depend on the player's profile, but you'd think most of them would have them taylored.

You would think so but is not a thing I have heard.

You would think a club would have their own club boot, and have them made bespoke for a player when they sign .

I know it would be tough askign a player not to take a boot deal but soem boots now are more like slippers and offer little protection, a player will opt for the best deal mone wise and not the best boot. It should be upto the club to look after their own players and supply them with a decent made bespoke boot, black 7 white with the club crest and players name would look mint.

Guest Gemmill

Must depend on the player's profile, but you'd think most of them would have them taylored.

You would think a club would have their own club boot, and have them made bespoke for a player when they sign .

I know it would be tough askign a player not to take a boot deal but soem boots now are more like slippers and offer little protection, a player will opt for the best deal mone wise and not the best boot. It should be upto the club to look after their own players and supply them with a decent made bespoke boot, black 7 white with the club crest and players name would look mint.

Who would make this boot?

Who would make this boot?

Loads of companies out there that make bespoke footwear, many many many years ago Bolton Brothers used to do the boots for the Toon, way before branded football boots were around.

Best thing is that most of these companies make bespoke shoes for hospitals and private clinics, its not done as  fashion statement, although some rich fkers do have them made not for medical reasons, it is miles better for your feet though.

The really top players have the boots made specially for them, they spend ages having every part of their foot measured and then the boots are made to the exact specification of their foot. They take moulds/castings of their feet and then computerize the whole thing!

Most players just pitch up at the local HQ of their boot sponsor, or the boot sponsor goes to them, and they just try on various boots, sizes, colours, studs/moulds etc and then take several pairs of whatever boot suits them the best. I used to work at Valsport in South East London, and Mark Kinsella used to pop in and try different boots, then leave with whatever he liked the best.

The really top players have the boots made specially for them, they spend ages having every part of their foot measured and then the boots are made to the exact specification of their foot. They take moulds/castings of their feet and then computerize the whole thing!

Most players just pitch up at the local HQ of their boot sponsor, or the boot sponsor goes to them, and they just try on various boots, sizes, colours, studs/moulds etc and then take several pairs of whatever boot suits them the best. I used to work at Valsport in South East London, and Mark Kinsella used to pop in and try different boots, then leave with whatever he liked the best.

So not all players eh?

The club should really step in and look after their players, even worth while a club getting any players they have that play for their countries boots amde in their countires colours too. I don't think you cna go to far to looka fter your squad.

Its not cheap and won't get players a nice sponsorship deal but it has to be worth it, once the last is made of the players feet its kept in cold storage, so it can be used at any time to make more boots.

can't remember who it was but wasn't there a player a while back who doctored the stripes on his boots to make them look like the boots he was supposed(sponsored whatever)to be wearing.

Solano did the same thing when he moved sponsors from adidas to someone else. He ripped the 3 stripes off so they were a plain pair of black boots, here they are from my collection

http://www.4uni.co.uk/nobbyboots.jpg

Fat Harry Kewell left his fuck-off contract with adidas to go with a new brand of boot. No idea who they are, Aussie based I think.

Probably needs a special type of boot to deal with the gout in his big toe.

The German Football Association/Federation whatever they are called forced all their players to wear Addidas boots at the World Cup, a few players with sponsorship deals with other companies such as Nike complained, think Jens Lehman was one who complained about it.

Guest cybermansrevenge

I've no actual knowledge of Newcastle's medical/physio services (other than years of watching Derek Wright wield a sponge) but I've had dealings with podiatrist (fancy new name for chiropodists), physio's and doctors who do work for/with other premiership clubs All decent premiership clubs have all players even at junior level's feet assessed, along with their gait (the way they walk and run), following this they have custom made orthotics (shoe inserts) which alter the properties of their footwear. Both training shoes and boots.

Having said this NUFC are so bloody disorganised (see ticket's for Frankfurt, etc) and with so many injuries including Dyer mysterious reoccuring injuries, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have sports physicans input and players wear what they fancy. :roll:

do you reckon if we buy enough of his boots there'd be none left for him to wear?  bluebiggrin.gif

They wouldn't let him on the field with no boots like  :thup:

Obviously don't remember the Hurricanes tbh!

If I remember correctly, Shearer wrote to all the main manufacturers asking for a free boot deal, stating that he was a Southampton trainee. Umbro were the only company to get him some boots, so later in life when all the manufacturers were after him and offering millions of pounds, he went for the poorer Umbro out of loyalty.

If I remember correctly, Shearer wrote to all the main manufacturers asking for a free boot deal, stating that he was a Southampton trainee. Umbro were the only company to get him some boots, so later in life when all the manufacturers were after him and offering millions of pounds, he went for the poorer Umbro out of loyalty.

And then in 98 (i think) in turn, Umbro returned the favour by giving him a huge 15 year deal.