WWE 12

Dr.Spaceman

It's silly but I really hope after 10+ years they've fixed the one thing that really bugs me: Being able to climb back into the cage in tag team cage matches after you have escaped. It's completely stupid that once one player gets out his partner then gets double teamed but he can't choose to come back in and help. It's minor in terms of the scale of the game but a small fix would be a massive improvement and it's in the little things that they should have taken more care with that I feel always let this series down.

Universe mode was something they brought in last year. Basically it's an extension to the exhibition mode where instead of just playing a match that's meaningless you can schedule it in to be part of the weekly WWE programming. Last year it was fairly loose in that you could schedule in whatever matches you wanted but you couldn't put the belts on the line until a PPV event, although I believe you could just skip directly to one if you wanted to.

The best part of it was that they had half a dozen little scripted events that added a bit variety to matches. Sometimes you'd get jumped on your way down to the ring, other times someone would interfere etc. The only problem was that while they were a good idea they were never really effective enough. If they timed them better and made their impact more devastating to the outcome of the matches it would have been a lot more fun. For example, someone interefering usually is just an annoyance for a minute or two until you fight them off and they jump out the ring again. It would be much better if that person ran in while the referee was out/being distracted and hit a finisher or chair shot that left you with very little chance of kicking out of a pinfall afterwards.

Love it so far. Playing through the Road To Wrestlemania mode and it chucked me straight into a Cena v Undertaker match with Sheamus interrupting Cena's entrance. It seems to have done away with menu's all of the time and skips from event to event soon as.  The presentation is really good as well, basically acting as it does on the shows, with the screaming pyro and Nickelback tune. As for the gameplay, it's very different to how it was, but it does seem to be a lot more fluid. Just need to convince 1 or 2 friends to purchase the game and it should be a right laugh online.

From the reviews I read I got the impression that the Road to Wrestlemania mode was the weakest aspect of the game. Although I assume it is much the same as it has been for the last few years in that it is fairly linear?

Very linear, in most matches you have to dominate an opponent, then press a 'trigger' button when they're groggy and it activates a cut sequence, in which they sometimes knock you out or you finish them off. I'm just playing through it first to say I've done it, and probs won't ever do it again. There's an interesting stable that's created in it called 'The United Kingdom' and you can guess who's involved.  Gonna check out the create modes and universe mode tomorrow.

It's the pacing that's always set No Mercy apart. Matches were more PPV like in that they would normally go over ten minutes against the CPU on the harder settings. What was good was the way that wrestlers got slower, struggled to get back up and would get knocked out easier as the matches went on. I've always felt that the Smackdown games presented more of a TV match style with quick bouts where the wrestlers never really got worn down.

There are several things I'm hoping they've got right. Firstly the one vs one matches as almost everything is build on those foundations. If the pacing is right then it gives me hope for the gimmick matches. I'm also keen to see what the new Predator technology brings to matches where there are multiple wrestlers involved. Triple threat and Fatal Fourway etc have been awful for years because you can only really attack one opponent at a time. They was talk this year that the physics would allow you to do things such as suplex an opponent onto an already downed opponent etc. If they have added that sort of thing in it will be a massive improvement to those modes.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Amazon/Postal Service failed me :( Hopefully it arrives tomorrow, strangely received The Miz DLC code from Amazon in time.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fill a bit ripped to be honest. Pre-ordered a few weeks ago, and they charged me full price. Release date today and its cheaper.  :huff: