Geordie Boy Lee Clark gets touchy

Ally

Clicky

Lee Clark has blasted Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp for "poking his nose" into Newcastle United's business.

The United coach and the rest of the club's backroom staff were infuriated as Redknapp's thinly-disguised attack on Glenn Roeder after the 1-0 victory over Portsmouth at St James' Park on Sunday.

Redknapp, who had a pop at Roeder before the game, said after yet another defeat at the hands of his successor at Upton Park that he could not understand why United were struggling because of the players they had.

However, a furious Clark fumed today: "Does Harry Redknapp think we are stupid? We know what he was getting at.

"And we also know why our results in the Premiership are not what we have wanted. I have been in football all my life, but at no time have I been at a club where there have been so many injuries.

"But it's not Glenn Roeder's style to moan about injuries. Nor is it his style to make adverse comments about other clubs and their managers - and Harry Redknapp should do the same.

"Since Glenn took over he has beaten Portsmouth three times, and Harry should look at his own club and keep his nose out of our business."

Redknapp's interference comes hard on the heels of Match of the Day's Mark Lawrenson querying whether Roeder was the man to boss Newcastle on the morning of the Arsenal match.

This prompts Clark to add: "For a so-called professional to do this on the day of a match is unforgivable. And what right has Mark Lawrenson to talk about Newcastle United?

"He has not managed or played in the Premiership and when he was a manager at Oxford he was hardly a success was he? And don't forget I was at United when he came here as a defensive coach.

"It's easy sitting in a television studio and telling a manager how to manage but, as Lawrenson found out at Oxford, it's not easy when you are out there.

"Glenn Roeder will not answer Harry Redknapp or Mark Lawrenson or anyone else back because that's not his style.

"But do not take this as a weakness because after all he has been through he is mentally tougher than all of them.

"This was always going to be a difficult season for us after losing Alan Shearer and Michael Owen, and the injuries have been nothing short of horrific.

"But apart from the Sheffield United game when we were terrible you could not say we have really played badly.

"And during all this Glenn Roeder has still found time to help me, as I am trying to find my way on the other side of the fence."

:lol:

Guest Gemmill

Aye well played Lee Clark.  They should give him a weekly column in the Chronicle in which he just bollocks people.  The Clark Report.

wearing your heart on your sleave while remaining professional clarky boy is showing that with the right coaching he can make a good manager as he has already slipped into a coaching role really well.

go clarky go!  :lol:

Guest TheOrder

Leeds Boy Dave gets bored of incompetents having jobs at NUFC.

And how is Lee Clark imcompetant?

Beggers belief mate, get a fucking grip.

Guest theunis

Some one had to say it and nicely done by Clark. Rouder is a true professional, but it had to be said. Have to give credit to Rouder not moaning and just getting on with it

He's having a one-on-one interview with John Gibson in tonights Chronicle apparantly, should be funny.

Wouldn't be too keen on being alone in a room with this though:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/oct2006/1/0/5166458D-EC73-3ACD-DF0D27989ECDFCE9.jpg

Leeds Boy Dave gets bored of incompetents having jobs at NUFC.

And how is Lee Clark imcompetant?

Beggers belief mate, get a fucking grip.

Deleted my post just after you quoted it. :lol:

Needless to say, I think it's jobs for the boys tbh. Same with McDermott.

He's having a one-on-one interview with John Gibson in tonights Chronicle apparantly, should be funny.

Wouldn't be too keen on being alone in a room with this though:

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icnewcastle/oct2006/1/0/5166458D-EC73-3ACD-DF0D27989ECDFCE9.jpg

Lasses must love it down the office with him & Anal to stare at.

Lawrenson is a complete tit and very anti NUFC at that.

However Clark is starting to become "rent a quote" a bit at present but really does not have the brain required to make statements on behalf of the club. Should just keep quiet and be thankful that charvas like him and McDermott are so well paid by a club of our stature.

No other big club would hire them and I certainly don't think Hitzfeld would have kept them.

In fainess to our Geordie Hero, we've not seen him in action as a coach. Roeder speaks highly of him, but he's clueless so I wouldn't take that as a glowing reference!

Good luck to him though, hope he becomes a good coach as he really does care about the club and he seems a top bloke. He does seem to be the only member of the squad willing to talk to Oliver though. :lol:

Guest Billy Whitehurst

Redknapp has and always will be a slimey tosser.

Looking forward to him and Fat Sam taking a severe hiding in the Stevens inquiry.

This prompts Clark to add: "For a so-called professional to do this on the day of a match is unforgivable. And what right has Mark Lawrenson to talk about Newcastle United?

"He has not managed or played in the Premiership and when he was a manager at Oxford he was hardly a success was he? And don't forget I was at United when he came here as a defensive coach.

"It's easy sitting in a television studio and telling a manager how to manage but, as Lawrenson found out at Oxford, it's not easy when you are out there.

:thup:

Legend.

Fuk you Lawrentson you dirty fuking muppet, sit on that you fuking prick.

Clarky for PM.  :thup:  bluecool.gif

Looks like he's made national press with it.  Get in there Clarky  :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=419299&in_page_id=1779

"Lawro, you’re a fine one to talk

By MARTIN HARDY

TV pundit Mark Lawrenson has been told to button his lip when it comes to commenting on Newcastle United.

The advice comes from St James’ Park coach Lee Clark, who has been incensed by the former Liverpool defender’s attack on manager Glenn Roeder.

Lawrenson, a newspaper columnist and Match of the Day regular, said Newcastle face relegation with Roeder in charge.

"To make him manager was the wrong appointment. He is simply not cut out for top-flight management," he said.

"It is a set-up which is doomed to end in tears and Newcastle are sinking like a stone with the prospect of relegation."

Roeder was seething after Lawrenson’s comments and a furious Clark said: "What right has Lawrenson to talk about Newcastle United?

"He hasn’t managed or played in the Premiership. And when he was a manager at Oxford he was hardly a success, was he?

"And don’t forget, I was at United when he came here as a defensive coach.

"It’s easy sitting in a television studio telling a manager how to manage but, as Lawrenson found out at Oxford, it’s not easy when you’re out there."

The Lawrenson newspaper comments came as the feud between Roeder and Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp was resurfacing ahead of Sunday’s clash at St James’ Park, which Newcastle won 1-0.

The two managers fell out after Roeder replaced Redknapp at West Ham — and was then uncomplimentary about his predecessor.

But Clark leapt to the defence of his Newcastle boss. He said: "Glenn will not answer Harry or Lawrenson or anyone else back because that’s not his style. But since he took over he has beaten Portsmouth three times. Harry should look at his own club and keep his nose out of our business.

"It was always going to be difficult for us after losing Alan Shearer and Michael Owen. But apart from the Sheffield United defeat, when we were terrible, you couldn’t say we’ve really played badly."

Newcastle are unbeaten in five games and, if they avoid defeat at Eintracht Frankfurt tomorrow, they will finish top of their UEFA Cup qualifying group. "

Glad its made national coverage.  Hopefully a couple of people will come out and back the idea that Lawro is a ****.