CB Radio?

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We used to have one, it looked really old. I remember messing about with it one night and freaking out and picking up random beeping and numbers (pretty similar to LOST)!

These seemed to come out at the perfect age for me. Remember been a teenager with a car and a home and mobile CB.

Had a huge pole type antenna stuck to the side of the house.

Used to be great at first until they became really popular and then it was just too busy to really enjoy.

Got a lovely one a few years back to use whilst taxi'ing and basically only Cabbies, a few truckers and a few dodgy females still seem to have them these days.

Last time I used it I was able to talk to the lads on Ocean road, South Shields from the tyne bridge.

My setup for years was this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L341QXAi4d0/S6CUrqfIfnI/AAAAAAAAA1E/Fb6SPrtEmMQ/s400/Avanti+Sigma+IV.jpg

http://www.cbmuseum.nl/images/HAM_JUMBO3.jpg

This was a non FM set used it for SSB only had it crystal switched for super super low to super super high

http://radiopics.com/CB_Radio/Other%20CB/2-Mobile/President/Photos/President_Adams%20.jpg

My granda had one.  Had a knob marked "squelch", I always wondered what that did.

:lol:

Used to turn that until the white noise stopped, or turn it more to cut out any annoying little fkers that had a weak signal.

Remember my first CB was a Maxcom 5e then it went all silly from there, serious I doubt there was many out there I had not owned at some point.

Harrier CB & the CBX

York 861 & 863

Rotel 110 & 240

Audioline 340 & 341

Uniden 200 & 400

Tristar 777

Tristar 747

Cobra 148 GTLDX  (more than 1)

Fidelity

Nato 2000

Loads of different Midlands

Amstrad 901

Shogun

Few different Ham Internationals

Just to name a few

Aye, had one about 15 years ago.  Had a mate who didn't have a phone so got it to talk to him mostly, met some other folk through it.  My parents wouldn't let me put an ariel on the house so I had a mag-mount on a biscuit tin.

ust remember people getting excited about how strong a signal they were getting from people "Yer back walling us man" or "You're busting my needle" and getting super excited when the 'skip' happened during the summer, when conditions were just right and the signal bounced off the atmosphere or something and you'd suddenly start talking to people in Canada or somewhere.

ust remember people getting excited about how strong a signal they were getting from people "Yer back walling us man" or "You're busting my needle" and getting super excited when the 'skip' happened during the summer, when conditions were just right and the signal bounced off the atmosphere or something and you'd suddenly start talking to people in Canada or somewhere.

:lol: Happy Days

My dads a HGV driver so I've been around them in the past. I never understood why normal people used them though (outside of HGV drivers and a few taxi drivers), you couldn't really have a conversation with people for a substantial amount of time, few people had them etc.

My brother had one for a little while but really I think it was in the hope that he would come across my dad so he could talk to him, it didn't help the fact that our house back then backed onto the A19.

Was meaning to post on this, yeah had a CB radion, the spence as well.

Side come in!!!

My mate got really into it, had a massive long aerial and then stole a scaffy pole from a building site.  We had a nightmare putting it up, i droped it when we were easying it up and knocked a kid off his bike playing in street.  His neighbours all complained said he needed planning permission etc. 

I had a shitty maxcom with an aerial on a biscuit tin.