David Villa - £100 mill

Skirge

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Valencia have shafted Chelski, now  will they pay the massive fee??

Chelsea will have to start the bidding at £100 million if they want to buy David Villa, according to Valencia president Juan Soler.

The Blues have been linked with a move for the Spain international, but Soler claims that they have not yet received a bid.

And he has issued a warning that any interested party will have to match the player's €150 million buy-out clause if they want to begin negotiations.

Villa is reportedly being lined up as a replacement for Ukraine striker Andrei Shevchenko, who has failed to convince since his £30 million move from Milan in the summer.

But the player is under contract at the club until 2013 and Soler does not intend to let his prize asset leave without a fight.

"Officially, we have not received any interest or an offer from Chelsea for Villa," Soler told PA Sport.

"I met (Valencia sporting director Amedeo) Carboni this morning and he didn't mention anything regarding any possible interest from Chelsea for our striker.

"We have heard rumours, but that is all it is.

"We have no intention of selling him. But should any club be interested, they could sit down and negotiate his buy-out clause, which is currently worth €150 million (£100 million).

"Villa is a crucial player for us now and in the future."

Guest theunis

That is madness, Valencia will hold on for life to keep him. Still think Chelsea will stick with Shevchenko. Some wishfull thinking loaning us Sheva and they get Villa

Valencia will definately not want to sell him, but if Chelsea made a sensible/serious offer, much more than the reported £15m, then Valencia would have to give the offer serious consideration, they are not that financially secure at the moment and are building a new stadium, so a stupid offer would certainly turn their heads. BUt I agree, they REALLY wouldn't want to part with their star striker.

Also worth pointing out, I don't think the player would be that keen on a move away from Spain, he is one of those Spaniards that need to be close to their surroundings, and although Chelsea could offer him millions, he is already on a very good contract.

but ....

Villa has had several fallings out with the Valencia coach Quique Flores, the latest of these bust-ups, two weeks ago, led to Villa being sent home from training, and being suspended from the next days training, leading to suggestions in Spain, that the player has become too big for his boots.

He is though, a brilliant player, much better than the over-hyped Torres.

Guest Ridzuan

As rich as Roman is,I cant see him paying 100mil for Villa.I think its a good move by Valencia,to ask for 100mil.I dont want to see all the great players going to Chelsea because it will be very boring.

Guest theunis

No i do understand what u are saying, they tend to make a big hype of him. Great striker, but not as good as they make him just yet :)

If you offered £35m he'd be sold within a flight to London.

Same goes for Torres.

Barca would accept £60m for Ronaldinho, you just have to at those kind of prices.

Once it were talked or Bellamy £20m to Roma, and Dyer £25m to Chelsea or Manu...i fuking wish those deals went though.

Guest TheOrder

God, what a load of shite.

He's got a cracking partnership with Morientes at the moments (although Flores is a twat and dropped Morientes for the Real game)

If Valencia do not qualify for European football this season (and it could happen), there will be a slight chance he will be off.

Villa would outclass most of the strikers in the Premiership, and he would be a great addition, but i can't imagine it being anytime soon.

He's got a cracking partnership with Morientes at the moments (although Flores is a **** and dropped Morientes for the Real game)

The decision to drop Morientes was stupid, especially as Villa was carrying an injury, and went off very early into the game.

I agree totally, they have formed a great partnership this season.

Guest TheOrder

Aye, and Angulo is atrocious.

Stupid decision to start Villa on Sunday, i would of played Morientes and Vincente up front, and Silva left wing.

Apparently 100m is his buy out price, his actually price is closer to 25m in my eyes. If i were Chelsea i wouldn't go near a spanish player for over 30m. Why can't Chelsea look closer to home and try to sign Ashton or Bent, they would be far less risk than Villa or Torres and probably cheaper.

Guest TheOrder

Any player you buy at that money, is a risk, simple as.

Villa doesn't play the conventional spanish football, he doesnt always need time on the ball, his finishing is unique and he has shed loads of pace.

This guy isn't a Luque.

buy -out clauses are a legal requirement in Spain, that is all they are there for. And as David Villa has a very lengthy contract, the buy out fee is daft.

David Villa has already said that he doesn't want to play in the Prem (what a wise man), so I can't see him going to Chelsea anytime soon, whatever the fee!

Villa doesn't play the conventional spanish football, he doesnt always need time on the ball, his finishing is unique and he has shed loads of pace.

This guy isn't a Luque.

I'll be honest i haven't seen alot of him, so i'll trust your judgement on him. However, if someone had told me that Shevchenko wasn't good enough for this league i would have laughed at them in the face. Your right that every transfer is a risk but it's all about minimalising that risk. For me they could probably get Ashton or Bent for 15m, thats 10m less than a foreign player who would represent higher risk. Should it come down to signing foreign players for that type of money talked about Adriano would be my choice. 

Barca would accept £60m for Ronaldinho, you just have to at those kind of prices.

Errr, they got higher bid than that rejected.

Who by?

Chelsea inquired with £65m.

His buy out clause is £85m, you'd have to pay that to get him.

This guy isn't a Luque.

I'll be honest i haven't seen alot of him, so i'll trust your judgement on him. However, if someone had told me that Shevchenko wasn't good enough for this league i would have laughed at them in the face. Your right that every transfer is a risk but it's all about minimalising that risk. For me they could probably get Ashton or Bent for 15m, thats 10m less than a foreign player who would represent higher risk. Should it come down to signing foreign players for that type of money talked about Adriano would be my choice. 

Adriano hasn't been on form for the past couple of years! What are you on about mate? He's shite, overrated and fat. He's a poor man's Ronaldo. Struggled for goals for Inter last year (13 in the league) and did you see his performances for Brazil in the WC? Utter shite. He's overrated and isn't worth more than 12m. FM isn't real life bluebigrazz.gif

This guy isn't a Luque.

Adriano hasn't been on form for the past couple of years! What are you on about mate? He's shite, overrated and fat. He's a poor man's Ronaldo. Struggled for goals for Inter last year (13 in the league) and did you see his performances for Brazil in the WC? Utter shite. He's overrated and isn't worth more than 12m. FM isn't real life bluebigrazz.gif

Woah! Calm your passions lad. I've seen as much of Adriano as i have off Villa, i was going off reputation.

Errr, they got higher bid than that rejected.

Who by?

Chelsea inquired with £65m.

His buy out clause is £85m, you'd have to pay that to get him.

Inquired = paper talk.

Put a solid £60m cash up front in for Ronnie and it would be accepted, my only doubt is if he'd want to go.