Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Suicide? Goosebumps.

Same. Actually shaking with shock here. Can't believe this.

i'm stuck between shock, upset and rage. It was the way Sky Sports News seemed to move swiftly onto Ferguson and the penalty 'travesty'.

Aye, can't fucking comprehend that. They wouldn't do that if someone was sacked ffs.

Not sure. Didn't see SSN, but in terms of coverage, they probably couldn't have had more than about a minute's worth of things to say at this point.

Looked the least likely person to kill himself, so calm and sensible.

Sorry if that sounds naive but you know what i mean.

Might be naive, but totally in the same boat. Unreal, gutted.

same, everything just seemed to be turning right on a professional basis with Wales starting to come good

Wales manager Gary Speed has died, Welsh FA confirm. Found hanging at home according to police.

10 minutes ago

From the Telegraph's crime correspondent.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this report's vocabulary a tad blunt? Fucking pisspoor journalism.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Suicide? Goosebumps.

i'm stuck between shock, upset and rage. It was the way Sky Sports News seemed to move swiftly onto Ferguson and the penalty 'travesty'.

Aye, can't fucking comprehend that. They wouldn't do that if someone was sacked ffs.

Not sure. Didn't see SSN, but in terms of coverage, they probably couldn't have had more than about a minute's worth of things to say at this point.

There wasn't even any respectful pause, just straight back to the constantly looping Ferguson interview.

A spokesman for Cheshire Police said: "At 7.08am this morning, Sunday 27 November, police were informed of an incident at Aldford Road, Huntington. Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and next of kin have been informed." The spokesman added that man was found hanged.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wales manager Gary Speed has died, Welsh FA confirm. Found hanging at home according to police.

10 minutes ago

From the Telegraph's crime correspondent.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this report's vocabulary a tad blunt? Fucking pisspoor journalism.

That's twitter for you.

Suicide? Goosebumps.

There wasn't even any respectful pause, just straight back to the constantly looping Ferguson interview.

Ah fair enough. If the way they did it was dickish, then.. yeah, they're dicks. :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Shearer was our official captain and a good one at that but for me Speed was always our true captain, the way he looked out for the younger players especially Viana who once remarked how Speed was like an older brother or uncle to him when he arrived. Bobby also said he was great at stuff like that. I'm genuinley shocked about this, he was one of my fave Toon players ever and someone I'd have in my all-time Toon XI. He was superb for us, he never seemed to miss a game and didn't complain wherever he was played or used. I'll never forget how upset he was when he was sold out of the blue and how upset Bobby was over it too. In fact I remember getting loads of e-mails sent in and comments through the main site when I was running it, mostly from pretty irrate fans. I'm sure Nufc.com made a big fuss about it as well. What a tragedy, such a top player and lovely bloke. :(