Experiences of depression and anxiety

Big Geordie

:thup:

Also worth considering if you often feel like this at this time of year, if so it might be worth taking Vitamin D to compensate for the lack of natural light you're getting over winter. 

One thought that really helps me in January is we're only a couple of months away from warmer weather and lighter nights.

It's hard when depression kicks in cos all you want to do is sit around, but if you can do a few small things (walks, eating well, meditation, hobbies, booking something in the near future you can look forward to, helping others to get yourself out of your own head etc) it can all add up.

I also find that an acceptance of how I'm feeling and a faith that it will pass does help as well. If I get angry about it and start feeling wronged, unfortunate etc then I just sink into a deeper and longer depression. 

Hope none of the above reads like anything to do with anxiety and depression is easy. It's one thing saying it and another doing it, hence why I find it easier giving advice than doing any of this stuff myself :lol:

22 hours ago, Interpolic said:

:thup:

Hope none of the above reads like anything to do with anxiety and depression is easy. It's one thing saying it and another doing it, hence why I find it easier giving advice than doing any of this stuff myself :lol:

I frequently find myself in the middle of giving someone else advice and realise that if I did those things myself I'd probably help with some of my own problems. :lol: 

On 17/01/2023 at 16:18, danny said:

Started going bald (im 47), really quickly (a matter of weeks) i look like a dog with mange atm. Got really scared for abit, as it started as perfect circle im my beard and by my left temple. it wasnt till i cut my hair to i realized how bad it was

I dont mind going bald, but my Anxiety is going through the roof at the mo, incase its something else

As others have said that sounds like alopecia. My old man got alopecia totalis in his late 40’s, was at the same time he got diagnosed with diabetes. They’re both autoimmune diseases. 

I really suffer with SAD and this is the first winter I’ve tried necking high strength vitamin D every day and I think it’s making a big difference.

Vitamin D, sertraline and three weeks off the peeve. Never felt so chipper in Jan. 

6 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I really suffer with SAD and this is the first winter I’ve tried necking high strength vitamin D every day and I think it’s making a big difference.

Vitamin D, sertraline and three weeks off the peeve. Never felt so chipper in Jan. 

Make sure you’re having vit D with vit K added otherwise you’re a risk of nasty calcium deposit build up. Can be bad juju. 

10 hours ago, Jill said:

I frequently find myself in the middle of giving someone else advice and realise that if I did those things myself I'd probably help with some of my own problems. :lol: 

I recently learned this is called Solomon's Paradox. :lol: It's wild shit. I think the key is to surround yourself with similarly empathetic people who are also working on themselves. You sort each other out that way. Kinda like this thread. We're all absolutely fucked, but we're looking out for one another.