N30 Strike

magpie418

Thought there'd already be a thread on the public sector strike, having a day off work tomorrow as can't get in due to the Metros being off. Anyone know if Tynemouth swimming pool is affected by the industirial action? Nothing on their website I can see  ???

Thought there'd already be a thread on the public sector strike, having a day off work tomorrow as can't get in due to the Metros being off. Anyone know if Tynemouth swimming pool is affected by the industirial action? Nothing on their website I can see  ???

Might be a daft question, but what about the bus?

Anyone going to be on strike on the 30th? any scabs going to be crossing picket lines?

#nov30 WHY I AM STRIKING

http://www.n30strike.org/

"Most of the fackin' poor students who voted for Liberal Dem are now suffering because they've trebled it! They signed a pledge to fackin' do away wiv it and those greedy fackin' gits have trebled it!"

Um, at what point did he realise that it's the students who were too young to vote at the last election that will get royally shafted by the increase in tuition fees cap?

Guest Heneage

Anyone going to be on strike on the 30th? any scabs going to be crossing picket lines?

#nov30 WHY I AM STRIKING

http://www.n30strike.org/

"Most of the fackin' poor students who voted for Liberal Dem are now suffering because they've trebled it! They signed a pledge to fackin' do away wiv it and those greedy fackin' gits have trebled it!"

Um, at what point did he realise that it's the students who were too young to vote at the last election that will get royally shafted by the increase in tuition fees cap?

What about students at the time of the election that had possible further studies in mind? I'd imagine they may have voted for a party that promised to cap fees.

What about students at the time of the election that had possible further studies in mind? I'd imagine they may have voted for a party that promised to cap fees.

You're not wrong, don't think they constitute "most of the fackin' poor students" though :undecided:

Guest Heneage

You're not wrong, don't think they constitute "most of the fackin' poor students" though :undecided:

True.

I'm not even going to attempt to speak on the issues involved with tomorrow, but in terms of young people in this country I can see why a lot of them feel disillusioned.

Too much of a fuck on. Any idea about the swimming?

So you could get in then? ;)

I'm getting a lift in off my mate thankfully, as it would have taken me a canny while on the bus as well.

I'm in, on the basis that I opted out of the Pension as the writing was on the wall two years ago.  The chances of being in any worthwhile government scheme in 32 years, never mind actually staying in a job that long is crazy odds.  Retirement age will be in 70's by then.

Investing my way and cashing in when I choose rather than paying my whole life and snuffing it before I can take a pound back out.

I'm striking although i don't think the pension issue alone is strike-worthy when viewed in isolation.  I'm just sick fed up of us plebs being expected to feel the squeeze while the people who caused this nonsense swan around in Bentleys and vultures like Branson are given the family silver for buttons.  We keep getting told there's no money yet we were firing f***ing rockets into Lybia at £1m a go only a few months back.  And you can bet your arse top rate tax will be cut if not in this parliament then the next, no doubt dressed up as being necessary to boost growth despite us scrubbers paying more "because the country can't afford it".

So yes, i'm striking for political reasons.  But i'm doing so because the cuts are driven as much by ideology as they are by necessity.  The Tories always look after their own folk and they can f*** right off if they think i'm paying for it.  All in this together my arse.

this boggles my mind now, my entire working life if i'm not at work i don't get paid - simple as...took a slipped disc to put me on the sick recently (unpaid), the idea of not going to work 'cause it's inconvenient :yao:

this boggles my mind now, my entire working life if i'm not at work i don't get paid - simple as...took a slipped disc to put me on the sick recently (unpaid), the idea of not going to work 'cause it's inconvenient :yao:

When I was a lad I had to walk 18 miles to school in blizzard conditions, with snipers shooting at me and whatnot. TBF I'm having to look after my kids now as the school's striking too and my mother doesn't fancy having them all day.

Anyway, anyone have any idea about the swimming?

Guest Roger Kint

I imagine it's going to be quite busy pretty much just outside my work with the Bigg Market Job Centre there, so I'm getting into work early, staying inside all day, and staying late. :lol:

If its owt like Shields jobcentre dont bet on it. A whole 4 people there out of hundreds.