Forster will be on the bench

Skirge

The young lad is the only keeper we can use as back up for Thursday night.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~934874,00.html

Harp Op Gives Fraser Euro Chance

FRASER Forster will be on the subs bench as Shay Given's understudy for Newcastle United's UEFA Cup match with Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday.

While the Magpies get ready to travel to Germany on Wednesday morning, goalkeeper Steve Harper flew out early to Munich on Monday morning where it was confirmed that he will require a double hernia operation.

And with Tim Krul - United's hero in Palermo - recovering after a cartilage operation and Pavel Srnicek not registered to play in Europe, that leaves Forster as sole cover for Given.

Glenn Roeder said: "Fraser Forster will be on the bench to cover for Shay Given on Thursday night.

"Steve Harper is already in Germany and while we would like to have waited until after Thursday's match for him to have his operation, he has a double hernia and the medical experts have advised us that he should have his operation as soon as possible.

"That means that all three of our keepers, Shay Given, Steve Harper and Tim Krul, will have had operations this season - and we are still only in November."

Its also been confirmed Dyer and Parker will miss out..

Guest theunis

Yeah become a case who ever is fit will get game time :)

Just want to see who gets picked from the youths for thursday.

Luque will get some game time, maby Nzog, but think we will have a glimpse of some youths at last forced by the ample injuries. I am really looking forward to it

Guest theunis

Yeah think it is almost a given Carr will get some game time, THen probably Bramble and Taylor middle and Ramage left, Baba is coming back this week, might even get a few min second half for Ramage so Shaw magic might be needed.

I am more concerned in the midfield, prob be something like: Nobby, Nzog,Luque, Butt, emre, reserv  team member but who ?

I feel sorry for Krul TBH. Right now when he get a chance at least the place in the bench, he is injured. With Given is already back now, when Krul will be fit I think Harper will be fit as well. As it will not be easy for Harper to play, let alone for Krul...

Does anybody know how long Krul is out? And Harper as well after his surgery?

Yeah think it is almost a given Carr will get some game time, THen probably Bramble and Taylor middle and Ramage left, Baba is coming back this week, might even get a few min second half for Ramage so Shaw magic might be needed.

I am more concerned in the midfield, prob be something like: Nobby, Nzog,Luque, Butt, emre, reserv team member but who ?

roeders boy,pattison :)

althouh i would love to see  o'brien gets a chance as a left winger ,and luque plays as a seconed striker to sib :)

Guest FlapjackJoe

O'Brien only recently came back from injury himself.

And since the reserve team hasn't had a game for about a month, you have to have question marks over their fitness levels.

O'Brien didn't start in that game tho.

Guest smoggeordie

why not let him play,we got nothing to lose,maybe he is another tim krul :D

Because he's shit.

Shouldn't you be on the plane to Frankfurt?

I should be after my saves in 5 a side last neet! ;)

Surprised the club let me play at the soccerdome, freddy must be going soft in his old age!