Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

I read those comments as a joke. I thought that some website was doing it as a spoof of his recent outbursts? Are they real? If so, then he has lost it. I had respect for him standing up for his team but talking shit is weak and an indication that he can't handle the pressure

AVB has came out with a bunch of odd statements recently, quite at odds with his demeanour when he first took the job.

he's in over his head dealing with super egos who can't quite grasp they're not that good anymore so reliving the pressure by attacking the media (who've been generally supportive of him tbh)

A shit Mourinho.

Where as Mourinho probably doesn't believe his own shite but merely uses his persona to motivate the players and the fans, it seems AVB probably does believe he is the special one.

Fucking cunt. Wanted them to beat City tonight as well. This shit's just changed my mind.

Anything less than the stadium burning down causing the horrific death of all the players, staff, owners and fans from both sides will be a disappointment to me.

"Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas believes Newcastle counterpart Alan Pardew should have kept quiet after last weekend's defeat at St James' Park.

The Portuguese has been firmly under the spotlight for the past week after accusing the media of a premeditated agenda against his club.

Villas-Boas believes Pardew also demonstrated double standards when complaining about David Luiz's escape from a red card in Chelsea's 3-0 win last Saturday lunchtime.

The centre-back committed a last-man challenge on Demba Ba and escaped a red card, much to the annoyance of Pardew, when only receiving a booking.

But Villas-Boas said ahead of Monday's match with Manchester City: "Nobody tried to focus on the fact that maybe Demba Ba was offside in the David Luiz challenge. Nobody took that option.

"They all wanted to give him the red card straight away.

Big scandal

"Alan Pardew made a big scandal out of this but the guy is offside.

"Maybe the linesman should have done his work - and maybe Pardew was lucky!

"He even got a free-kick which Ryan Taylor could have scored from, and I got a yellow card and a player suspended.

"So maybe, now, I should get the player and the card rescinded, because it was an offside the linesman didn't give.

"And this is the same manager who got a (controversial) penalty at Old Trafford to get a 1-1 making a big scandal out of this.

"And then it was 'It got their player (Steven Taylor) injured, because David Luiz wasn't sent off' - come on!"

:dowie:

Is this Giggs?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7371753/Pardew-hits-back-at-Villas-Boas

The row between Alan Pardew and Andre Villas-Boas has continued after the Newcastle manager accused his Chelsea counterpart of showing a lack of respect.

The two managers have been at odds since Chelsea's controversial 3-0 victory at St James' Park on 3rd December when Pardew was angry that David Luiz was not sent off for fouling Demba Ba when the striker was through on goal with just five minutes on the clock.

Pardew also said Luiz had contributed to his side's current injury crisis, with Newcastle suffering injuries to Danny Guthrie, Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor in the game as they would not have spent as much energy had they been playing against 10 men.

Villas-Boas reacted angrily to Pardew's claims on Friday in a fiery press conference in which he accused the Toon boss of blowing the incident out of all proportion.

The 34-year-old said Pardew had "made a big scandal out of it", and insisted his argument was undermined by the fact that Ba was offside when he raced through on goal.

But Pardew, determined not to take the criticism lying down, turned the tables back on the Chelsea boss following Newcastle's 4-2 defeat at Norwich, as he said: "When you have a victory, it's nice to be a bit more respectful and a bit more honourable, by just saying, 'well OK we won the game but decisions went our way'.

"That's what I did at Manchester United (where Newcastle earned a draw thanks to a poor decision to award the Magpies a penalty).

"I said it wasn't a penalty, but we accepted it, and I think it would be more honourable of him (Villas-Boas) if he'd accepted that Luiz should have got sent off like the referee did (when he admitted as such after the game)."

Pardew defended his claim that Luiz not being sent off had contributed to the injury of Taylor, who is out for the season with an Achilles injury, before fanning the flames on his conflict with Villas-Boas by aiming more barbs at the Portuguese.

"I was a little bit surprised he reacted like that," Pardew added.

"Steven Taylor put more effort into that game than any other he's played this season. Maybe that was a factor in him getting an Achilles injury? If they had 10 men he might not need to work so hard. That was my point.

"Because we were forcing and pressurising the game there was a factor of that and it's foolish to ignore that.

"But the guy (Villas-Boas) is new to our country, he's new to our press. I think he's under a bit of pressure and I think maybe he could throw a little bit more respect at it."

Frosty relations = Tiote going no where. I hope.