Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Thought it was a decent enough performance. Poor decision to give a yellow and foul on Joelinton’s quality tackle and there were a lot of yellows flying about but I think he got almost all the calls right 

He wasn't perfect, but I thought he was even handed overall which is the main thing I ask for. I thought 'here we go, death by a thousand yellows' when Bruno and Wilson got booked, but then he started dishing them to Arsenal too, in fairness.

A lot of the yellows were avoidable tonight (for both teams.) Thought Bruno, Overgaard and probably Xhaka were all worthy of yellows but for some of the others he got conned by player reaction and with the Almiron one surely he can just walk across and say "look just pack it in son" before going to his card?

Very inconsistent with what was/wasn't a free kick as well, particularly towards the end when he gave everything to them and nothing to us.

3 hours ago, midds said:

Booking Almiron for standing on the line he drew on the pitch tops it for me. Like a supply teacher crumbling trying to get Konner to put his chewy in the bin

And you would know:coolsmiley:

Which games have we been fortunate to get points from because of wrong decisions?

Bournemouth pen was harsh i think, especially as it hit his knee first, Everton home possibly, Onana maybe fouled before the goal, Joelinton could have been sent off for two yellows first half, i can't think of much else.

We could have conceded a pen away at Man U but we should have had one first.

The two joke games are Liverpool and Palace, robbed of at least 3 points, the Isak offside was annoying but it isn't a blatant error, it was close, the added time however was a farce.

We should also have had pens against Man City, Leeds and Wolves, though they hardly ever seem to give shirt pull pens now.

I can't think of a team not getting a pen against us when they should have, Burn on Tuesday wasn't a free kick anyway.

4 hours ago, little6tears said:

Which games have we been fortunate to get points from because of wrong decisions?

Bournemouth pen was harsh i think, especially as it hit his knee first, Everton home possibly, Onana maybe fouled before the goal, Joelinton could have been sent off for two yellows first half, i can't think of much else.

We could have conceded a pen away at Man U but we should have had one first.

The two joke games are Liverpool and Palace, robbed of at least 3 points, the Isak offside was annoying but it isn't a blatant error, it was close, the added time however was a farce.

We should also have had pens against Man City, Leeds and Wolves, though they hardly ever seem to give shirt pull pens now.

I can't think of a team not getting a pen against us when they should have, Burn on Tuesday wasn't a free kick anyway.

It was. To us. Joelinton is first to the ball and gets kicked in the back of the leg.

I thought the ref was good overall.  So possibly a bit harsh to moan.  

But he let Leicester carry with their attack for about 10-15 seconds when Schar was down with his customary head injury.  Yet when we were about to go through on goal, he whistled straight away when Tielemans was down.  Pretty sure he didn't give a free kick and it was a drop ball, with us keeping possession.  

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I thought the ref was good overall.  So possibly a bit harsh to moan.  

But he let Leicester carry with their attack for about 10-15 seconds when Schar was down with his customary head injury.  Yet when we were about to go through on goal, he whistled straight away when Tielemans was down.  Pretty sure he didn't give a free kick and it was a drop ball, with us keeping possession.  

We got 2 yellow cards in quick succession. The 1st one was justified in my option, the 2nd was harsh. I saw the attack that you were on about, and he should have let play go.

I also thought there was 2 occasions where Leicester committed a backpass.

Another game, another bump.

He was bad for both teams today, although I’d say Fulham edged the decision in favour. Their attacker should have been booked for the dive for the pull back that wasn’t a penalty. How many times did Ream who was already on a yellow card have to foul our players for a 2nd yellow. The penalty that was given, it was a 50/50 challenge where they both left their mark on each other.

The freekick he dragged back 10 yards.

This is apparently one of the best as well.

47 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Haven't seen the penalty incident back but it looked like Pereira hand balled it from inside the ground?

Simply not a pen but if the ref was only shown the Milburn angle could maybe understand how it was sold to him