Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

So what can be done about the dreadful state of refereeing in this league? Even with VAR in slow motion they are still making the wrong decisions when they are glaringly obvious. Are they genuinely incompetent, or does the Premiership need a full blown corruption investigation in order to sort this mess out?

3 hours ago, Skeletor said:

So what can be done about the dreadful state of refereeing in this league? Even with VAR in slow motion they are still making the wrong decisions when they are glaringly obvious. Are they genuinely incompetent, or does the Premiership need a full blown corruption investigation in order to sort this mess out?

It'll take one of our more hot-headed managers to walk their team off the pitch to blow it all open IMO. A threat to the "Premier League product" is what it'll take.

33 minutes ago, Ben said:

Was it that bad today ? 

I would've been fine with them giving the penalty for the Burn pull but insist Trippier was fouled on the one where they gave the penalty. Just ridiculous levels of incompetence, the first contact between them was Reid stepping on Trippier's foot..

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

A slight breeze would have had more impact than Burn on their player. Discounting unconscious bias, I'd honestly say if I thought it was a pen and neither were imo.

He pulled him by the arm, was clear as day tbh, be fuming if we didn't get it, which we wouldn't.

I just don’t think you can grab someone’s arm and pull it back. It might not be much contact but it’s so easy for refs to call and give it, and we should never be holding in the area like that, especially when it’s 1 v 1

Put this in the match thread but...

I think the problem with the current VAR setup is a decision gets made by a referee you can't see and there is no explanation. Tell us it hit his arm. Or tell us it's inconclusive so the referee's decision stands. There can't be no feedback on a potential goal.

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

It was a clear handball like. They showed it from a couple different angles a few minutes after the incident on my feed.

I would be fewming if that goal had been given against us.

Watch one of the two angles that show it doesn't touch his arm in the slightest and tell me how it's a clear handball.