Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Havn't seen Bale's disallowed goal today but i presume its for the bit in bold.

Handling the ball For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

•  scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper

after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:

scores in the opponents’ goal

• creates a goal-scoring opportunity

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when:

• the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger

• the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

Edited by NUFC

Watching the Leicester highlights. I know it's been done to death but Christ, what use is VAR? If it can't be used to determine that Vardy's cheated a pen (the second one), what the hell use is it? Most obvious simulation i've seen in ages, literally and deliberately locks his arm around the defenders arm and then propels himself into the air like he stood on a land mine and VAR couldn't overrule the award? Fucking useless.

4 minutes ago, midds said:

Ah right, sure that's the reason they said on comms but wouldn't know either way :lol:

The exact ruling is:-

• Immediately after touching the ball with the arm, even accidentally, the player scores a goal or creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

In Bale’s case,apparently enough time lapsed before goal was scored. Strange as I’ve seen goals disallowed by handball in a build up well before the goal….suppose VAR decides what length of time this should be…..AGAIN in Bale’s case i would have thought that was a short enough time to disallow the goal…but hell what do i know[emoji38]

37 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Watching the Leicester highlights. I know it's been done to death but Christ, what use is VAR? If it can't be used to determine that Vardy's cheated a pen (the second one), what the hell use is it? Most obvious simulation i've seen in ages, literally and deliberately locks his arm around the defenders arm and then propels himself into the air like he stood on a land mine and VAR couldn't overrule the award? Fucking useless.

Yup. A clear dive and they do fuck all about it. He won’t be retrospectively banned either, like he should be.

Quite pleased Bale’s goal stood in the end as a bit of karma, even though I have no idea how that wasn’t disallowed either.

VAR has ruined my enjoyment of football. I’ve not celebrated/enjoyed a goal properly in ages, always sat waiting for the game to kick off expecting it to be ruled out for something pathetic.

1 hour ago, Jinky Jim said:

The exact ruling is:-

• Immediately after touching the ball with the arm, even accidentally, the player scores a goal or creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

In Bale’s case,apparently enough time lapsed before goal was scored. Strange as I’ve seen goals disallowed by handball in a build up well before the goal….suppose VAR decides what length of time this should be…..AGAIN in Bale’s case i would have thought that was a short enough time to disallow the goal…but hell what do i know[emoji38]

Not sure if the rule has changed since but Mahrez had one disallowed against Liverpool after it hit Foden when he was on the floor at the end of last season 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not sure if the rule has changed since but Mahrez had one disallowed against Liverpool after it hit Foden when he was on the floor at the end of last season 

It was changed between last season and this season.

I don't understand why that Spurs goal was allowed, it clearly touched Kane's hand which (I thought) should rule it out under the current rule. 

I know they're adjusting it for next season, but I thought any hand touch in the build up was currently a handball. 

10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

It was changed between last season and this season.

Ah okay

And they are then changing it again for next season? As that is what was said during the Wilson disallowed goal. According to Peter Walton next season it will still be disallowed but if a team mate scored it then it would have stood

It's just ridiculous really 

• 5 months later...

Arsenal deserved winners, comfortably better all over the pitch but that refereeing performance was a disgrace. He didn't cost us the game but was ridiculously biased. A proper throwback to the 'homer' days

2 hours ago, midds said:

Arsenal deserved winners, comfortably better all over the pitch but that refereeing performance was a disgrace. He didn't cost us the game but was ridiculously biased. A proper throwback to the 'homer' days

These are the exact comments I made to an Arsenal friend of mine and he completely agreed.

We could have had 3 pens today if we were a Big 6 club. But we aren't and the FA appointed refs will make decisions according to their own interests which may or may not accord to their employers. 

Being there live.  It did seem like anything that was a bit niggly and looked like 6 and two 3's, went there way.  Whereas we would have players getting barged over or pulled down and nothing was given.

Not seen the Schar one back or the handball.  The Wilson one would annoy me if it was given against us.  But the more you look at it, the more it seems like a foul.  Push in the back, when running full tilt and clearly no way he's going to be playing the ball.