Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I know that, I meant as in they didn't ask him to take another look

I honestly don't think Longstaff helped by falling a couple of seconds after the foul was made. Give the referee and var a get out. 

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I honestly don't think Longstaff helped by falling a couple of seconds after the foul was made. Give the referee and var a get out. 

Never known a player to be so shit at falling

I think he looks at Bruno win fouls and thinks I can do that but evidently not

Think the problem was that Hughes didn't really grab him, just a weird whack. Without a clear pull it's one of those where the original decision usually stands. Didn't help that Longstaff never looks natural going down.

Clearly not an obviously wrong decision by the ref imo. It was soft as hell and Longstaffs legs just suddenly goes limp. Would have been pissed if it was ruled against us, nearly as pissed as I am against Longstaff for being such a whiny donkey.

You can't judge it on the slow mo man. At full pace that swipe from Hughes will have completely knocked him off balance. It's plain as day to see. It's a stonewall penalty. More so than any of the non penalties Forest didn't get at the weekend.

I'm staggered everyone isn't seeing that. 

Just now, Magpie said:

You can't judge it on the slow mo man. At full pace that swipe from Hughes will have completely knocked him off balance. It's plain as day to see. It's a stonewall penalty. More so than any of the non penalties Forest didn't get at the weekend.

I'm staggered everyone isn't seeing that. 

I can see that angle with slow mo a lot of the time. But slow mo actually shows he doesn’t get massively off balanced and he delays throwing himself to the floor in a very unconvincing manner. He does it all the time and is painfully shit at it. So rarely wins the foul. 

If that was Gordon or Bruno, they sell it and win the pen. As ridiculous as that sounds typing it out :lol: 

Not all contact is a penalty, as much as it was clumsy and a stupid decision from  Hughes. 

Whatever the onfield was VAR was always going to stick with it. 

On balance I think it was a foul, Hughes was looking to impede. If it Salah and not Longstaff, it would have been given onfield.

You don't have to chop a player's legs away to bring them down. That tug on the arm was enough for Longstaff to lose his balance. Maybe he could have staggered on and kept on his feet but he'd have lost the ball.

It seems that it failed the 'clear and obvious' test, but I'm pretty sure if the ref had been sent to the screen he'd have changed his mind. We were unlucky.

One of those where you're annoyed if you don't get it but would be going mental if it was given against you.

It's certaintly not a robbery of a decision or dogawful officiating mind. Just a 50/50 decision that went against Longstaff likely because of his absolutely ludicrous dive. :lol: 

There was enough contact to warrant a penalty, I think.

Problem was that it didn't quite knock Longstaff down and by the time he did actually fall it was a very clear dive.

Think if he goes down immediately as the grab spins him then it gets given.

Issue is basically that Longstaff is shite and can't even dive properly.

In "live" mode I was raging at Longstaff. For me there wasn't enough to go down and I thought he should've just got his shot away. Had that, for me, confirmed on the replay. 

However, as people have said, anywhere else on the pitch you'd probably see that given as a foul. Also can't argue if it was Salah, for eg, the ref would've pointed straight to the spot. 

I guess, again for moi, the frustration either way is fermented by the knowledge that I've seen these given numerous times. Also seen players blatently diving and sticking their foot in. 

Ah fuck it, I'm all confused now. 

Deffo a pen

I've been as much a critic of Longstaff this season as anyone, but I don't see why he should get the blame for shit refereeing. Not only was it a bad decision on the pitch, it was compounded by whoever was judging on VAR. Honestly felt to me like it must have been a ref who supports Chelsea or West Ham, then I could understand the reluctance to give the pen as we are direct competitors for Europe.