Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Not sure on where to put this however why are Leeds forced to play with 9 senior players? Others postpone by having unvaxxed players having to isolated. Surely this is not right? Also considering the games postponed that weren't on TV compared to the games that went ahead on British TV? Weird that.

4 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

I think the PL and TV companies are playing a large part in this - Top 6 sides seem to get the benefit of the doubt and or course you could argue that there is a motive for us being relegated from the PL, since the takeover. Mind, we are doing a good enjoy job of being shite and shooting ourselves in the foot!

Where there is lots of money at stake, there is ALWAYS corruption.

Aye. Who pays Walton's wages when he's on these shows?

40 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Aye. Who pays Walton's wages when he's on these shows?

No conspiracy, get a grip. TV companies and shows were bleating on endlessly about refereeing decisions long before BT started giving a salary to likes of Peter Walton.

Even before VAR came along, the fan interest in wanting to hear/watch refs decisions on MOTD, Sky or hear from Dermot Gallagher on the previous weekends refereeing fuck ups is just invented. Would guess 90% of fans couldn't give a flying fuck. It's all a pseudoscience. 

Something to moan at down the pub, as now gone to having us hear from Peter Walton. Nobody likes refs to begin with, what in hell makes you think I want his analyses on anything.

Neville and MNF's rise 10 year ago was on the back of giving football analyses that wasn't built on the back of A) oh, look at this goal B) talking about referees 

Edited by SchärMix

3 minutes ago, SchärMix said:

No conspiracy, get a grip. TV companies and shows were bleating on endlessly about refereeing decisions long before BT started giving a salary to likes of Peter Walton.

Even before VAR came along, the fan interest in wanting to hear/watch refs decisions on MOTD, Sky or hear from Dermot Gallagher on the previous weekends refereeing fuck ups is just invented. Would guess 90% of fans couldn't give a flying fuck. It's all a pseudoscience. 

Something to moan at down the pub, as now gone to having us hear from Peter Walton. Nobody likes refs to begin with, what in hell makes you think I want his analyses on anything.

Neville and MNF's rise 10 year ago was on the back of giving football analyses built of the back of A) oh, look at this goal B) talking about referees 

Fuck off I said fuck all about a conspiracy. You get a grip.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Fuck off I said fuck all about a conspiracy. You get a grip.

I think the PL and TV companies are playing a large part in this - Top 6 sides seem to get the benefit of the doubt and or course you could argue that there is a motive for us being relegated from the PL, since the takeover. Mind, we are doing a good enjoy job of being shite and shooting ourselves in the foot!

>> Aye. Who pays Walton's wages when he's on these shows?

Reads the basis of an affirmation of some sort of conspiratorial, corrupt dealings. 

Edited by SchärMix

3 minutes ago, SchärMix said:

>> Aye. Who pays Walton's wages when he's on these shows?

Reads the basis of an affirmation of some sort of conspiratorial, corrupt dealings. 

Nobody, other than you, mentioned conspiracy.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Nobody, other than you, mentioned conspiracy.

Oh aye, not denying that. I also used the word 'bleating'. Don't understand your huff and puff over this all really.

My overarching point is, I think it's a bit silly people thinking that referees and the Big 6 are secretly planning against us to see us relegated; even more ludicrous extending the influence BT Sport may hold because they have Peter Walton on their payroll. 

Edited by SchärMix

7 minutes ago, SchärMix said:

Oh aye, not denying that. I also used the word 'bleating'. Don't understand your huff and puff over this all really.

My overarching point is, I think it's a bit silly people thinking that referees and the Big 6 are secretly planning against us to see us relegated; even more ludicrous extending the influence BT Sport may hold because they have Peter Walton on their payroll. 

I agree that saying there is a conspiracy against us is a bit stupid, that's why I would never say it. But the talking head refs have done nowt this week but protect the reputation of the spectacle that the TV companies market. To turn discussion of that into conspiracy bollocks is disingenuous at best.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I agree that saying there is a conspiracy against us is a bit stupid, that's why I would never say it. But the talking head refs have done nowt this week but protect the reputation of the spectacle that the TV companies market. To turn discussion of that into conspiracy bollocks is disingenuous at best.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick then? 

Still, I wouldn't be reading or looking too much into what pundits or ex refs are saying - that's just me, I couldn't give a fuck what any pundit thinks about the Ederson challenge when we still have Clark doing that inside 6 minutes, or us having to play Ritchie at LB against Sterling. 

I'm more of a 'Pick your Battles' type. I'd certainly be moaning like fuck about Ederson and VAR if it was 60th minute and we'd been competing with Man City. By 60th minute, we'd given up pressing them, and City had gone back into 2nd gear playing keep ball - barely reached 3rd anyhow.

Newcastle United's biggest issue right now isn't pundits having an opinion we agree with, it's Eddie Howe having to pick a starting XI against Man United that will have to include names like Clark, Lascelles, Ritchie, Krath, Manquillo, Hayden, Willock, Shelvey, Murphy, Fraser - that's not including Longstaff, Gayle, Hendrick who will be on the bench! 

11 minutes ago, SchärMix said:

I may have got the wrong end of the stick then? 

Still, I wouldn't be reading or looking too much into what pundits or ex refs are saying - that's just me, I couldn't give a fuck what any pundit thinks about the Ederson challenge when we still have Clark doing that inside 6 minutes, or us having to play Ritchie at LB against Sterling. 

I'm more of a 'Pick your Battles' type. I'd certainly be moaning like fuck about Ederson and VAR if it was 60th minute and we'd been competing with Man City. By 60th minute, we'd given up pressing them, and City had gone back into 2nd gear playing keep ball - barely reached 3rd anyhow.

Newcastle United's biggest issue right now isn't pundits having an opinion we agree with, it's Eddie Howe having to pick a starting XI against Man United that will have to include names like Clark, Lascelles, Ritchie, Krath, Manquillo, Hayden, Willock, Shelvey, Murphy, Fraser - that's not including Longstaff, Gayle, Hendrick who will be on the bench! 

You'll never win the war if you only fight the battles YOU choose.

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

You'll never win the war if you only fight the battles YOU choose.

“War is the realm of uncertainty; three quarters of the factors on which action is based are wrapped in a fog of greater or lesser uncertainty.”  Carl von Clausewitz

Ashley is uncertainty; we're still struggling through fog. 

Edited by SchärMix

4 minutes ago, SchärMix said:

“War is the realm of uncertainty; three quarters of the factors on which action is based are wrapped in a fog of greater or lesser uncertainty.”  Carl von Clausewitz

Ashley is uncertainty; we're still struggling through fog. 

Just for a brief moment there I thought Fabian was saluting.

1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Just seen it, what the fuck they on about :lol: Just say you've fucked up. "Comes away with the ball" what's that got to do with anything :lol: 

Thing is, I find myself trying to rationalise it. Maybe, because he changes the direction of the ball, it makes Fraser's run unnecessary and maybe deliberate. I know, I know, but in the Liverpool game a pen wasn't given and the reason was the ref thought that Jota [I think] stopped on purpose.

The only rational I can think is that they're applying a rule from either offsides or red cards to fouls and their internal bias has allowed them to believe it.

What that bias is we can speculate but if any of the officials wanted to give that it would have been given, there was no grey area around it.

The only thing I can think of, is they’ve (probably rightly) judged that Fraser was never going to get the ball and it was an accidental/natural collision rather than an attempt to challenge Fraser.

What I mean is - Ederson was challenging his own player rather than Fraser and pulled out when he realised his player was going to easily collect the ball. There was then an accidental coming together which had no impact on Fraser getting the ball.

I suppose the equivalent would be if a player slid in to make a challenge, but his team mate nipped in ahead of him and ran off with the ball, but the sliding player’s momentum took him into a an opposition player off the ball - would it be given as a foul or just be accepted as a coming together?

I don’t know. I’m trying to find any way to make sense of the incredibly wrong decision :lol: 

The way I see the penalty shout is if it was Man City then it's given. If, by miracle, it wasn't there would be hell on. The sky team said it was a penalty then glossed right over it by talking about how good one of their goals were. Does not matter if Fraser was not getting the ball and the defender had control of the ball, he was fouled outright in the penalty box. It's a 100% stonewall penalty. I'd say the same if it was any other team, there is no debating on it.

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The only thing I can think of, is they’ve (probably rightly) judged that Fraser was never going to get the ball and it was an accidental/natural collision rather than an attempt to challenge Fraser.

What I mean is - Ederson was challenging his own player rather than Fraser and pulled out when he realised his player was going to easily collect the ball. There was then an accidental coming together which had no impact on Fraser getting the ball.

I suppose the equivalent would be if a player slid in to make a challenge, but his team mate nipped in ahead of him and ran off with the ball, but the sliding player’s momentum took him into a an opposition player off the ball - would it be given as a foul or just be accepted as a coming together?

I don’t know. I’m trying to find any way to make sense of the incredibly wrong decision :lol: 

in your equivalent it’s a foul and probably a red for a reckless challenge