Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

One thing about VAR, it really should end any ideas of things like this just being mistakes.  Can't argue it was a split second decision. They have time to review it from multiple replays.  The bias is undeniable. 

Edited by Teasy

1 minute ago, DMLeazesender said:

I hope they pick up on the VAR decision tonite on MOTD - they do every other fucking time for everyone else!

Ref was very poor throughout I thought.

Probably won't even get a replay of the challenge. 

there really should be a monday press conference from the chief of the refs.

they need to take questions and give explanations so clubs and the public understand whats been going on.

it would also lead to more consistency if they knew decisions had to be explained.

Edited by huss9

Looking at it again I think I know what their reasoning will be. If you watch, ASM has his legs sweeped, but there's a moment after that but before he goes down where it looks like he has his footing sorted, before then losing it again.

In real time I didn't think it was a pen, watching the replay it's a pen all day long, but I think that moment would have been their arbitrary (because it always fucking is) for not giving it.

On 20/12/2021 at 17:15, The Prophet said:

Good thread on VAR.

Assuming it's accurate this was a good thread for getting to grips with the process.

I can understand Kavanagh not thinking it was a penalty but I'm not sure what he could have told the VAR team?

If he thinks there was no contact and ASM slips then it surely gets overturned as it's obvious he hasn't seen it?

There's no way the VAR team wouldn't  have seen that as a penalty so the issue has to have been in the interpretation of Kavanagh's view of it.

Maybe something like "there was contact but not enough to go down" which is obviously wrong, but proves enough to them that he saw it and therefore won't overturn it?

Either way the process is a joke like, I'm just trying to properly understand how these things work.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Assuming it's accurate this was a good thread for getting to grips with the process.

I can understand Kavanagh not thinking it was a penalty but I'm not sure what he could have told the VAR team?

If he thinks there was no contact and ASM slips then it surely gets overturned as it's obvious he hasn't seen it?

There's no way the VAR team wouldn't  have seen that as a penalty so the issue has to have been in the interpretation of Kavanagh's view of it.

This always has and will always be the problem with officiating in this country and I've been saying it for years. Everything begins with the premise that the referee is not capable of making an error, it's absurd. They've managed to negate the entire point of a video replay system by bolting on their victorian era disciplinarian bullshit under the premise that the referee is always right. Until they change that underlying premise we'll never get consistency.

Edited by Dr Venkman

10 hours ago, huss9 said:

there really should be a monday press conference from the chief of the refs.

they need to take questions and give explanations so clubs and the public understand whats been going on.

it would also lead to more consistency if they knew decisions had to be explained.

No I much prefer the concept of giving referees 100% respect on all occasions no matter what, whilst they face not one ounce of accountability for their mistakes/corruption. 

It puzzles me that the pen wasn't given, because the contact is clear and obvious, and although the contact wasn't a strong one, it was enough for ASM to lose his footing when he was trying to change direction and get possession. It wasn't a dive or even an exaggeration.

I can only think that it wasn't a conventional situation and VAR wasn't flexible enough to deal with it.

The state of that pen decision against Palace vs our non-decision yesterday. :lol: 

Try not to be all tin foil hat when it comes to decisions going against us, but there's absolutely no chance a penalty isn't given yesterday if it was on Salah or similar. 

Beyond doubt there's something wrong. Two different professional referees have watched that in real-time and slow-motion from various angles and still decided that actually it was a penalty, even though they can see Jota step into the keeper. 

Can we list on page 1 VAR decisions/ non decisions that have been generally accepted as incorrect for or against us. Got so we’ve got an objective view on this.

Being lazy I’ll go Madison penalty incorrectly given and then Fraser not being given a penalty against Man C and ASM against Leeds yesterday.

There’s an argument that Armstrong’s penalty for Soton wasn’t clear and obvious but you can understand why they asked the ref to review it and overturn his decision.

The only time I can say we were fortunate was the handball given against Dier but at the time it was a penalty under the very strict interpretation of the law.

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Can we list on page 1 VAR decisions/ non decisions that have been generally accepted as incorrect for or against us. Got so we’ve got an objective view on this.

Being lazy I’ll go Madison penalty incorrectly given and then Fraser not being given a penalty against Man C and ASM against Leeds yesterday.

There’s an argument that Armstrong’s penalty for Soton wasn’t clear and obvious but you can understand why they asked the ref to review it and overturn his decision.

The only time I can say we were fortunate was the handball given against Dier but at the time it was a penalty under the very strict interpretation of the law.

Ronaldo’s sending off for the tackle on Fraser.

Could've had 3 penalties at Arsenal. Particularly Schar being pulled back off a corner 

Leicester won a penalty despite Maddison falling down before he was touched. Brighton got iffy penalty against Clark although that was a 50/50 

Edited by Pokerprince2004
Just noticed you mentioned the Maddison one