Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

West Ham (h) pen

Villa (a) Pen and red card for Martinez wasn't given for a bollocks 'offside' after we were told 'level' was coming back

Brighton (a) pen was iffy

Arsenal (a) no pen given to Schar in the first half at 0-0, more of a pen than the one on Wilson which got more coverage at 1-0

Leicester (a) pen

Liverpool (a) not exactly VAR but play not being stopped for their equaliser

Man City (h) no pen given on Fraser

Man Utd (h) arguable red card not being given to Rapenaldo

Leeds (a) no pen given on ASM

Edited by HaydnNUFC

5 hours ago, Disco said:

West Ham pen was iffy wasn’t it?

Certainly was. It looked like a fair tackle where the tackled player threw both arms dramatically into the air. I don't want to defend Bruce, but I thought it turned the game.

Does anyone think, with those two decisions over the weekend, that had the situations been reversed (ie the Maxi foul had been on a Liverpool player and the Jota one on one of ours) that Liverpool would still have got their pen and we still wouldn't?

I'll stop short of corruption but the bias is all too obvious.

9 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Craig fucking Pawson was on VAR for that Jota pen. :lol:

They couldn't make it any more obvious if they tried.

Thing with that is because ours was such an obvious pen, in his head he’s thinking if that one was this one must be.

Which wasn’t the case at all, that’s the problem. He didn’t want to have another “obvious pen” against him even though Jotas wasn’t.

On 23/01/2022 at 09:04, snabelkabel said:

Seems VAR is not for football or fans, but a tool to protect the big clubs, just like FFP, and all the other anticompetative rules they put in place

How does VAR protect big clubs?, it only highlights corruption.  Every single time a patently incorrect decision was made in the past the go to reason was "its a split second decision from the ref, he's human and will get it wrong sometimes in the heat of the moment".  VAR removes that excuse, you get to see the same thing in MOTD replays as the VAR official saw and it becomes very clear that they're cheating.

I mean if I had any doubt that there was corruption in matches that's gone now after watching games with VAR, because the decisions they often make after watching several replays just have no other explanation.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me, or...

The trip on Willock may have possibly been just marginally touching the line, but basically impossible to tell. How is that a clear and obvious error that VAR can immediately change? After watching Maddison and Trossard really obvious buy penalties only to be told "not clear and obvious so can't overrule" it seems drastically unfair on us yet again.

Obviously I'd mind a lot more had Trippier not bagged the freekick, but still...

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Is it just me, or...

The trip on Willock may have possibly been just marginally touching the line, but basically impossible to tell. How is that a clear and obvious error that VAR can immediately change? After watching Maddison and Trossard really obvious buy penalties only to be told "not clear and obvious so can't overrule" it seems drastically unfair on us yet again.

Obviously I'd mind a lot more had Trippier not bagged the freekick, but still...

Yeah, I think the heel was on the line and like you say the initial decision wasn't a clear and obvious error but fortunately it didn't matter

However why wasn't the player booked?

I thought the ref was really good first half. Was just letting a lot of the 50/50’s go and pressing players into a mistake or just hitting the deck. Didn’t automatically equal a foul. 

I can’t remember where I heard it. But don’t refs get feedback and comments at half time on their performance? Often friendly advice by the managers. It may have been Clattenburg on Carragher’s podcast. But either way, there must be some truth in it. 

Second half, it was like Mike Dean had dropped his digital board and was reffing the fucker 

Apart from VAR saving us. Every single niggly challenge and marginal call went their way. Just easy free kicks to give in nothing areas, when we’re snapping in high up the pitch or pressing in midfield. Won it back countless times and it looked fair. The Villa player then falls on the ball and then the slow motion whistle comes in from Pawson. 

Utter cunt. Hope he is nowhere near our games again this season. 

All that said. Could have sent Joelinton off :lol: 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Joelinton and Burn could have been off tbf. I don't think it was a biased game, just absolutely awful refereeing, which we've seen before from Pawson this season in the pitch and off it.

I think this is probably true. Despite my rant barely 5 minutes ago :lol: 

Chelsea players and their manager earlier this season saying there is an agenda against them.  

Arsenal fans all this week saying refs treat them more harshly. 

I felt for a spell that decisions were going against us because of the takeover. Mainly because we had so many in close proximity to each other. 

Think it is just in football fans nature to focus on the decisions against them and feel they are hard done by. 

Pawson didn’t get any big decisions wrong but think he was a major reason why the game was so shite. Every slightest contact was given as a foul and there was absolutely no flow in the game. Also has a irritating habit of stopping the game really late in almost any decision. :lol: