Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Odd one yesterday. First half he was very inconsistent with yellow cards, McGinn in particular lucky to still be on the pitch. Second half I thought he gave a lot of very very soft free kicks against us and high foot only seemed to apply to one team. This is with my black and white glasses on of course, but my mates that support Villa are furious that they think he did everything he could to stop them scoring. Twitter is the same with both sets of fans adamant that he's a shit referee. Which is of course the correct answer.

Such a strange performance. I actually thought the first half he didn't seem too bad but second half was all over the place.

Some of the 'fouls' he pulled us up for were laughable, whilst seeming to overlook the sort of things most other referees have been delighting in punishing us for.

That goal being disallowed is a fucking nonsense lets be honest. VAR is a blight on the game because in this country we can't use it properly and it needs binning off.

It's not just me either, literally every person that sits around me in the Gallowgate was of the same view- if you have to spend two minutes checking whether an offside decision is correct, just go with the original decision. Think they admitted last year that their silly lines aren't even 100% correct anyway which makes it more ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Had no idea this was in the pipeline: 

*I'm choosing to believe this random tweet and have done absolutely no research to confirm whether this is indeed in the pipeline. 

Undergoing FIFA trials as we speak. Will lead to the end of linesman as offside and line calls will be fully automated. You can maybe envisage we have a referee in each half so that we have multiple eyes near incidents to make more complex rule calls.

For Da Silva's red card yesterday, Mike Dean obviously had somehow given the free kick the wrong way initially.

It was a clear red but if it hadn't been and he had viewed the monitor and decided it wasn't a red, did he then have the option of a yellow and a free kick to us, or was it red or nothing?

It seems to be Paul Tierney and Chris Kavanagh every time with these potentially corrupt decisions in favour of Man City as well.  They should be suspended and thoroughly investigated.

In other news the fact that Everton could end up in the bottom three tonight is quite funny.

21 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

It seems to be Paul Tierney and Chris Kavanagh every time with these potentially corrupt decisions in favour of Man City as well.  They should be suspended and thoroughly investigated.

In other news the fact that Everton could end up in the bottom three tonight is quite funny.

Have some respect, it's in no way quite funny that Everton could be in the bottom 3 tonight. It's absolutely fucking hilarious that they could be bottom 3 and 5 points behind Burnley by the time they next kick off

• 2 weeks later...