Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

The revelations on Sky News last night, where an uncomfortable and visibly twisting Dyke was grilled by an MPs Committee after it had been revealed that FIFA had already decided to give Russia the WC in 2018 long before the bidding process, added to the fact that Platini had got Blatter to change the 2022 venue from the US to Qatar after a lunch with the Qatari prince, show only too clearly how the game is corrupt from the top and adds further to my conviction that this runs right through from FIFA to national FAs.

One MP grilled Dyke about taxpayers' money, used in the 2018 bidding process and claimed that Dyke should attempt to recover the money as the venue had already been decided...he also nailed Dyke about the FAs support for Platini which had apparently been given without any affirmation as to what - if any - reforms Platini intended to make to FIFA ; Dyke was really uncomfortable about this one and the MP insisted that he inform the committee whether the FA would now look at another candidate to back.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven and although this might appear removed from NUFC and the PL, a fish rots from the head down and nothing would surprise me about corruption in the game - there have been scandals in Italy and Germany in the past but the FA sneaked under the radar, probably because the media etc. have little interest in pursuing any suspicions as they would suffer by non-access to people within the game from club level upwards.

I KNOW that games in English football have been manipulated to put it kindly and this was told to me by a former coach of Newcastle United back in 1974......

It's more than a bit fanciful to use the high level corruption at FIFA to suggest that referees in the Premier League are bent, and that this could have influenced decisions on Sunday. If that's not what you're suggesting, then the Blatter-Platini-Dyke bit - however interesting - is in the wrong thread.

Nevertheless, read my last sentence ...this is absolutely as I was told.

The revelations on Sky News last night, where an uncomfortable and visibly twisting Dyke was grilled by an MPs Committee after it had been revealed that FIFA had already decided to give Russia the WC in 2018 long before the bidding process, added to the fact that Platini had got Blatter to change the 2022 venue from the US to Qatar after a lunch with the Qatari prince, show only too clearly how the game is corrupt from the top and adds further to my conviction that this runs right through from FIFA to national FAs.

One MP grilled Dyke about taxpayers' money, used in the 2018 bidding process and claimed that Dyke should attempt to recover the money as the venue had already been decided...he also nailed Dyke about the FAs support for Platini which had apparently been given without any affirmation as to what - if any - reforms Platini intended to make to FIFA ; Dyke was really uncomfortable about this one and the MP insisted that he inform the committee whether the FA would now look at another candidate to back.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven and although this might appear removed from NUFC and the PL, a fish rots from the head down and nothing would surprise me about corruption in the game - there have been scandals in Italy and Germany in the past but the FA sneaked under the radar, probably because the media etc. have little interest in pursuing any suspicions as they would suffer by non-access to people within the game from club level upwards.

I KNOW that games in English football have been manipulated to put it kindly and this was told to me by a former coach of Newcastle United back in 1974......

It's more than a bit fanciful to use the high level corruption at FIFA to suggest that referees in the Premier League are bent, and that this could have influenced decisions on Sunday. If that's not what you're suggesting, then the Blatter-Platini-Dyke bit - however interesting - is in the wrong thread.

Forum police are here, that's you told :lol:

Nevertheless, read my last sentence ...this is absolutely as I was told.

I daresay conspiracy theories have been around for many years. More recently we've had Fergie saying that the draw for the Champions League is bent, and Mourinho saying that referees are conspiring against Chelsea. Both accusations say more about their characters than anything else.

I see no reason to believe that the top level refereeing in this country isn't anything but above board. Refs make mistakes and they often succumb to pressure from a home crowd, but that isn't evidence of corruption.

On the Greg Dyke issue, he's incompetent and out of his depth in the position that he's in. We've already seen that. But there's no need to read any more into it.

Is this true? If so, I did not know that :o

Guest Geordiesned

I see after admitting that Robert Madley made an "obvious error" in the biggest match he's probably ever officiated in, the FA have 'punished' him by giving him a match involving league leaders, Man City, this weekend!

Not sure where else to put it so - I see we've Accepted the FA's charge of failing to control players.

Dissapointed. Should have refused it imo, no one went over the top at all. FA top brass just looking to impose fines to earn themselves a juicy bonus at the end of the year.

Guest Geordiesned

Not sure where else to put it so - I see we've Accepted the FA's charge of failing to control players.

Dissapointed. Should have refused it imo, no one went over the top at all. FA top brass just looking to impose fines to earn themselves a juicy bonus at the end of the year.

We've accepted but asked FA to reassess charge given aggregating circumstances, namely the referee being a bent twat.

See also: catchers "framing" the ball in baseball. Basically fooling the umpire into thinking the pitch was a strike. Catchers are scouted in part for their framing ability, which would be the same as buying a striker because he's good at diving. Fucking shambles and the mlb needs a video strikezone almost as badly as the epl needs a challenge system.

See also: catchers "framing" the ball in baseball. Basically fooling the umpire into thinking the pitch was a strike. Catchers are scouted in part for their framing ability, which would be the same as buying a striker because he's good at diving. f***ing shambles and the mlb needs a video strikezone almost as badly as the epl needs a challenge system.

Sigh. That was supposed to quote the guy talking about diving of course. Probably like thirty pages ago now. Mobile posting is tricky.

I shouldn't be moaning about the referee after a game like today.  There wasn't much to report.  I still thought he booked Janmaat quite quickly compared to what else he let go for Bournemouth, but that's a minor complaint.

The thing that pissed me off today was the injury time.  Where do they get it from?  It shouldn't be done by a random number generator like it seems to be.  Time is an actual quantifiable measurable concept.  I don't see why they can't measure it and get it consistent every time.  Today, apart from the subs generating 3 minutes, there was barely anything worthy of extra injury time and yet 6 minutes are generated from somewhere.  I remember last season when 7 minutes were put up for a game of ours when barely anything happens.  I've watched plenty of other games, where players are taken off on stretchers and there's incidents to deal with and then 3 minutes go on the board.  It just seems like it's another thing left open to interpretation and therefore open to some kind of influence or corruption.

I just think British refs are particularly shit at this period of time. I have given up on them at the moment. I can't watch one game without amazement that these guys are paid to be this bad.

I still thought he booked Janmaat quite quickly compared to what else he let go for Bournemouth, but that's a minor complaint.

Have to agree. Janmaat planted his foot and the other guy kicked him and went flying. A minor gripe, but not cardworthy at all. Amazed that Stubbs didn't re-referee the game and want 10 pens and 11 reds against us as per, maybe they've put something in his tea, or maybe he's happy that he can say Bournemouth was robbed. Can't believe he's still stealing a living.

I just think British refs are particularly s*** at this period of time. I have given up on them at the moment. I can't watch one game without amazement that these guys are paid to be this bad.

What countries referees are better?  Italy? Germany? France? 

I wonder if they look better because we're not as emotionally invested in teams from those countries when we watch their games.  Referees always look better in neutral/no favourite games than in those when your team plays.

I just think British refs are particularly s*** at this period of time. I have given up on them at the moment. I can't watch one game without amazement that these guys are paid to be this bad.

What countries referees are better?  Italy? Germany? France? 

I wonder if they look better because we're not as emotionally invested in teams from those countries when we watch their games.  Referees always look better in neutral/no favourite games than in those when your team plays.

I think there is probably more consistency in countries like Germany or Spain. A foul is a foul, here it depends on how the ref feels, and they will go up to a Lee Cattermole and say, "come on now son, that's your 4th bad tackle, I'm going to have to book you on the next one."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another fucking cunt who needs to be cast aside. How we can have so much money in the game, have the whole world watching our matches and still have such poor referees is beyond me. The media must be told to keep shut about their poor performances because they love up to them so much.