Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I gave up on getting a fair cracking from referees a long time ago. There's only 2 decent refs in the entire league (Clattenburg and Oliver) and with them both being Toon fans neither of them can ref us anyway. Not a pen last night but Man Utd got a pen when the ball hit Mbembas arm from a foot away. Aye OK.

Guest firetotheworks

It's flown under the radar because of the result and the lack of a huge decision, but yet again Martin Atkinson was absolutely terrible and consistently favoured the opposition. He's terrible at his job.

It's flown under the radar because of the result and the lack of a huge decision, but yet again Martin Atkinson was absolutely terrible and consistently favoured the opposition. He's terrible at his job.

Can't fathom that he's the chosen English ref for the EC. Madness.

The referees are far too protected imo, the assessor at todays game must SURELY have seen a terrible performance - yet he'll still get a game to ref next week.

The only time they get taken off ref'ing duties is when a big club gets a decision against them and the media run with it.

That little scrote who ruined the away game against the mackems (Madley) has horrific performances week in, week out but is still given top games to referee.

i thought he bottled a few decisions  yesterday

I liked how we got a corner but he blew for half time anyway. That was really neat.

I never understand why people have a problem with when the whistle goes. The time was up wasn't it?

If there's an offensive play underway it is normally allowed to go on. I'll agree this isn't much of a big deal and I'm just being deliberately awkward, but in that particular case you usually see the team get to play the corner until it's cleared.

No Sunderland players were booked were they? Most of our players were booked for a foul they committed after being fouled themselves where the ref didn't even blink and let play continue.

Stopping the game during a Newcastle attack as a Sunderland player was down with cramp took the piss.

I genuinely think the refs hate us for some reason.