FIFA Ballon d'Or Awards - Guess Who Wins Again?

Village Idiot

They announced the finalists today, the ceremony will be held January 9th.

Messi, Cronaldo and Xavi the three finalists of the award. I reckon that will be the order they'll finish.

Guardiola, Mourinho and Ferguson the three candidates for best manager. Reckon that Pep will take it this year.

Messi, Neymar and Rooney for best goal (you can check them here: http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/puskasaward/index.html?intcmp=promo_ballondor_puskasaward_en).

2012?

It's only been 10 years since it was thoroughly discredited.

Aye, 2011. My brain malfunctioned since it's given in January.

And yes, like all awards it's flawed and has to be taken with a grain of salt, particularly with the weird voting system since they fused both awards.

2012?

What happened like?

Also I don't hang out the back of Messi and I'm not one of these "I love watching Barca, their style of football is the best yadda yadda yadda", therefore these things do not interest me in the slightest.

Personally thought Iniesta was comfortably better than Xavi in 2011.

Iniesta had a storming 2011 indeed, personally I think he's been on the form of his life.

The goal award is given through an internet vote, so that's why the nominees will always favor big name players.

2012?

What happened like?

http://extratenpercent.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/0007eb9a-7d7e-1c20-be0180bfb6fa01d8.jpg?w=640

It'll be a travesty if Xavi doesnt win one though so he gets the 'sympathy vote' for want of a better term.

Yh good point, i thought he should of won it last year tbh.........

Mind you there are plenty of players over the years that have not won it of similar class, Henry, Maldini and Del Piero to just name a few.

• 10 months later...

The following 23 men (in alphabetical order) are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2012:

Sergio Agüero (Argentina), Xabi Alonso (Spain),Mario Balotelli (Italy), Karim Benzema (France), Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Sergio Busquets (Spain), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Didier Drogba (Côte d’Ivoire), Radamel Falcao (Colombia), Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Manuel Neuer (Germany), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Özil (Germany), Gerard Piqué (Spain), Andrea Pirlo (Italy),

Sergio Ramos (Spain), Wayne Rooney (England), Yaya Touré (Côte d’Ivoire), Robin van Persie (Netherlands), Xavi (Spain).

The following ten coaches (in alphabetical order, first nationality and then team) are in contention for the FIFA World Coach of the Year for Men’s Football 2012:

Vicente del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Roberto Di Matteo (Italy/Chelsea FC), Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC), Pep Guardiola (Spain/FC Barcelona former coach), Jupp Heynckes (Germany/FC Bayern München), Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), Joachim Löw (Germany/Germany national team), Roberto Mancini (Italy/Manchester City FC), José Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid CF), Cesare Prandelli (Italy/Italy national team).

Ridiculous that Diego Simeone isn't the running for the managerial award, won 2 European trophies, unbeaten this season despite spending little money, turned fortunes around last season.

Guessing Conte has been sacked off due to the match fixing stuff.