FIFA Ballon d'Or Awards - Guess Who Wins Again?

Village Idiot

Balotelli :spit:

Anyway there's a fair few there who you could argue shouldn't be but hey what else is new.....

Also find it a bit of a farce there's a 23 man shortlist when we all know only 2 men are in the running :lol:

Bit harsh on CRonaldo to count him out of the running :memelol:

I hate these awards, always goes to the highest rated player at the time, just a fucking ass kissing trophy.

We all know Cisse's goal should be the goal of the year as well, the whole fucking world does but no, Neymar will get it because he's the teachers pet at the minute.

I hate these awards, always goes to the highest rated player at the time, just a fucking ass kissing trophy.

We all know Cisse's goal should be the goal of the year as well, the whole fucking world does but no, Neymar will get it because he's the teachers pet at the minute.

Kind of helps that the highest rated player at the moment is actually the best then...

It's a beauty pageant, just take a look how this thing is voted and you'll see it will inevitably reward notoriety and media hype. Not that there's a way to possibly do it "fairly".

As Disco says, for example, Diego Simeone has done more than either Mou or Guardiola given the means available to him, and won't make the list because he isn't in a big club that will get massively hyped.

They can't give it to Messi every year. It's about time Iniesta got it.

I'd give it to CR, Zlatan, Falcao, Pirlo, Ozil and Van Persie all before i give it to Iniesta.

He was poor last season for Barca and for Spain he wasn't head and shoulders above the rest.

It's an individual award for individual performances over a year and i honestly don't think Iniesta should be anywhere near the top 3.

My top 3 would personally be Messi, CR, Pirlo.

I do agree some of the nominations are jokes, but if this award goes to anyone except Messi than this award will be even a bigger joke.

Messi is head and shoulders above everyone. It's really not up for debate. As not being able to give it to Messi, well, its the award for the best player in the world, which Messi is.

I'd give it to CR, Zlatan, Falcao, Pirlo, Ozil and Van Persie all before i give it to Iniesta.

He was poor last season for Barca and for Spain he wasn't head and shoulders above the rest.

It's an individual award for individual performances over a year and i honestly don't think Iniesta should be anywhere near the top 3.

With all due respect, you have got to be off your fucking tits.

Think whatever you like about the various players but saying he shouldn't be anywhere near the top 3 is a ludicrous statement.

And Ozil before Iniesta? Give over. :lol:

Agree with that.

Only, I think Ronaldo should be winning. Had a great year in La Liga, CL and had a very good Euro.

Under FIFA politics, Cronny should get the meaningless brass this year. His team won something significant and he performed well internationally.

It's irrelevant bollocks though obviously. As daft as the PFA Writer's award or whatever it's called (Scott Parker, man :lol: :lol:)

Lets not have any shennanigans on Euro winners/CL winners/team exploits. I can accept it for years of lesser achievement like 2006 when it was given to Cannavaro, but at the moment the gap between the top 2 and everybody else is so big it is absurd that anybody else should win it.

The award should go to the best player in the world. Personally, I think Messi in terms of individual performances has been brilliant to the point where it is almost ridiculous. He's the best striker in the world and the best playmaker in the world; to be so productive in terms of playing deep and creating goals while also having the best goalscoring calender year in history (try and tell me he won't break Muller's record) would be freakish at any point in history nevermind doing it in the modern era.

He's been carrying a Barca side where the key players of recent years all suffered bad injury problems or significant dips in form (even Xavi despite his goalscoring exploits). Villa had a broken leg, Pedro looked out of sorts for most of last season, Iniesta had injury and form difficulties, Pique and Puyol both missed large spells of the season, Fabregas vanished from around December onwards... and so forth. He basically blew the 'can't do it without Xavi/Iniesta' myth out of the water as he carried all of them on his back. There's absolutely no way Barca would have got anywhere near Madrid if he hadn't have hit the heights he did. Real Madrid's next best goalscorers after Cronaldo were Higuian (22) and Benzema (21) both without taking a single penalty whereas Barca's next best was Sanchez on.... 11.

Top scorer in the Champions League (14 goals), top assister in the CL (5), top goalscorer in La Liga (50), top assister in La Liga (19), 12 goals in 8 games for Argentina in 2012 (top scorer in SA qualifying). He's simply the best goalscorer AND best playmaker in Europe both at the same time, he is the complete footballer.

That "can't do it without Xavi & Iniesta" thing. I read the other week that before a game then when it happened, Xavi hadn't assisted a goal for Messi in about 2 and a half years.

Aye they highlighted it on Revista. The hattrick goal against Depor last week when he got it and dribbled around 3 of the opposition before scoring :lol: Last previous one was against Villarreal in 2010.