Knife crime

Guest Magnetic North

Guest Magnetic North

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6190374.stm

“Carty and Brown reacted calmly to the guilty verdicts, turning to each other, shaking hands and embracing. They will be sentenced on Tuesday...

...a statement from the victim's fiancée, Adele Eastman, 32, was read to the judge, in which she spoke of her "absolute devastation" at his murder...

Anyone seen any recent figures on knife crime in Britain, esp. in the south east? I'b be interested to see them and the types of people responsible, e.g. age, origin etc.

These characters will be out when they're 35 and 40 yrs old. Far, far too f***ing soon.  blueupset.gif

Hmmm...this kind of crime could happen to any of you .... subject too hot to handle me thinks whistling.gif

okaaaaay, to answer your question, no I haven't seen any figures on knife crime, nationally or in the south east.  And yes I agree they probably deserve longer  :cool:

Just being caught carrying a knife should carry a manadtory 5 years sentence, simple as. I would imagine that all the arseholes who carry them would soon stop

Agree on the first part, but not on the second.  It would deter some, but a lot of the others probably wouldn't give a shit what change we make to the laws.  It's not like they're paying attention to the law when they plunge a knife into someone anyway.

Guest Invicta_Toon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6190374.stm

“Carty and Brown reacted calmly to the guilty verdicts, turning to each other, shaking hands and embracing. They will be sentenced on Tuesday...

...a statement from the victim's fiancée, Adele Eastman, 32, was read to the judge, in which she spoke of her "absolute devastation" at his murder...

Anyone seen any recent figures on knife crime in Britain, esp. in the south east? I'b be interested to see them and the types of people responsible, e.g. age, origin etc.

These characters will be out when they're 35 and 40 yrs old. Far, far too f***ing soon.  blueupset.gif

greedy young black men

didn't you read the article?

Need to change the law to, if you stab below the waist its not attempted murder. Can be classed as man slaughter if yo9u stab someone in the thigh and they bleed out. A stabbing should be a stabbing no ,atter where the knife hits. Its getting worse and worse year by year, little chavs thinking its hard to carry a blade, kids getting their facesslashed for looking at someone.

I do not see how it will be stopped though, bring back borstal could help, right now we have 12 and 13 yearolds that do what the hell they like because the law won't touvh them, well at 13 then give them 5 years in borstal until they are 18,  once they are out stay out of troiuble or go to jail for 5 years for any offence comminted after their release from borstal.

Just being caught carrying a knife should carry a manadtory 5 years sentence, simple as. I would imagine that all the arseholes who carry them would soon stop

Agree on the first part, but not on the second. It would deter some, but a lot of the others probably wouldn't give a shit what change we make to the laws. It's not like they're paying attention to the law when they plunge a knife into someone anyway.

I can see where you're coming from, but what about if you're a farmer for instance, who uses a pen knife for work? Or alternatively, the guys who work on the shopfloor at a place I work all have a stanley knife as standard, which they need to keep handy. Simply being in posession of a blade doesn't warrant a custodial sentence.

Agree on the first part, but not on the second. It would deter some, but a lot of the others probably wouldn't give a shit what change we make to the laws. It's not like they're paying attention to the law when they plunge a knife into someone anyway.

I can see where you're coming from, but what about if you're a farmer for instance, who uses a pen knife for work? Or alternatively, the guys who work on the shopfloor at a place I work all have a stanley knife as standard, which they need to keep handy. Simply being in posession of a blade doesn't warrant a custodial sentence.

I think it would depend on the size.  Anything over six inches can't really be said to be being used for work.  And if there is a chance that that's true, then some sort of recognition of the fact to prevent you being charged.

I wasn't talking about all knifes, in fairness.  Just agreeing with the sentiments.

Touchy subject - there's been times when i've been walking home from work and i've thought "oh fuck - i've got a stanley knife in my pocket instead of leaving it on my bench".  I wouldn't fancy doing 5 years for that.  However, I think that anybody who carries a knife without a plausible explanation should be harshly dealt with.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Touchy subject - there's been times when i've been walking home from work and i've thought "oh fuck - i've got a stanley knife in my pocket instead of leaving it on my bench".  I wouldn't fancy doing 5 years for that.  However, I think that anybody who carries a knife without a plausible explanation should be harshly dealt with.

that's you ya numpty

I can't get my head round these tossers that take a knife out with them.  Bunch of fucking puffs, the lot of them.

Statistically you're much more likely to be stabbed yourself too, either by someone else or your own knife used on you. Fucking mental.

Touchy subject - there's been times when i've been walking home from work and i've thought "oh F*** - i've got a stanley knife in my pocket instead of leaving it on my bench".  I wouldn't fancy doing 5 years for that.  However, I think that anybody who carries a knife without a plausible explanation should be harshly dealt with.

that's you ya numpty

Nah, I mean people who do it deliberately for no other reason than to hurt somebody.  I usually keep my knife in my pocket at work because its handier that way if i've got to go to another department and I need it.  Its dead easy to forget to take it out and put it on my bench before I leave at the end of my shift.  I don't think I should go to jail for being forgetful.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Touchy subject - there's been times when i've been walking home from work and i've thought "oh F*** - i've got a stanley knife in my pocket instead of leaving it on my bench".  I wouldn't fancy doing 5 years for that.  However, I think that anybody who carries a knife without a plausible explanation should be harshly dealt with.

that's you ya numpty

Nah, I mean people who do it deliberately for no other reason than to hurt somebody.  I usually keep my knife in my pocket at work because its handier that way if i've got to go to another department and I need it.  Its dead easy to forget to take it out and put it on my bench before I leave at the end of my shift.  I don't think I should go to jail for being forgetful.

tough gig your place like.....