Norwich City 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/12/11 - post-match reaction page 44

midds

I thought Santon looked good and we looked more solid down the left. Surely he has to start against Swansea because even if there are any question marks about him he's so much better than Ryan Taylor. For one he actually has pace to get back into position or take on quicker players.

I was gutted after Chelsea but I think we got what we were expecting yesterday. It was pretty obvious Lambert was going to throw the big lads at us without any centre halfs and the resulting goals were pretty predictable. The sending off was annoying and there were poor displays (Obertan) but we basically got what was coming imo and for that reason I don't feel like my insides have been pulled out like last week against Chelsea.

WHY are Shola and Obertan still on the pitch?? f***ing mind-boggling, it truly is mind-boggling. Sort it out Pardew ffs.

He's played well today :idiot2:

Before the pass for the goal (when I posted) he'd done f*** all. Shut up you wum.

Judging by your childish riposte you're an idiot; you've got no idea how to read the game and resort back to tired, populist cliches that are constantly spouted by the ignorant sections of our supporters and those who don't even watch the matches.

Shola has been crucial in keeping the ball up top, along with Ba, something that had been working reasonably well - especially when Gosling got sent off as we resorted to more direct passing. All throughout the match, Shola has been pressurising the Norwich players and ultimately, this led to the chance for the 2nd goal. He's been creating chances for his team-mates and overall has had a decent game.

You'd rather slag him off because he's an easy scapegoat and/or you're incapable of reading the game.

Your criticism of Obertan is fair, he was pretty dismal, didn't offer anything with his 'lightening pace'.

He was lazy and ineffective before his assist. After that he livened up. I'm amazed people are still prepared to defend him though, he's truly a useless player.

Also, even when he did liven up I'd have much rather had Best on because he can link up well with Ba the entire game. If Ameobi was on for set-piece defending then it's easy to see it didn't work.

He wasn't lazy and ineffective before the assist, he was the one who beat his man and crossed for the Ba chance at the beginning of the second half, he was the one closing down the Norwich defenders at the beginning and the end of the first half (when we were playing at a higher tempo). He was also in the thick of defending at the back - got penalised (unfairly) for winning a header early on - not sure who was supposed to be picking up Grant Holt at set-pieces, but if it was him then he let the team down badly to be beaten twice.

His link up play with Ba was generally pretty good, it was the link between the wide players and the strikers that let us down IMO, Obertan had his blinkers on all game and didn't create enough.

Your comment about him being a truly "useless player" just goes on to validate my point that you're spouting tired cliches about our usual scapegoats.

This season, against Norwich (a): set up Ba's 2nd, came on at HT against Chelsea (h): hit the bar along with a dominant display against Terry + Luis, before that he came on to score the equaliser against Spurs (h).

He's not world-class, he's not even international class. Yes, he's infuriatingly inconsistent, but he's doing a decent job for the club and a valuable part of the squad.

The only good thing for me yesterday was meeting Tim Roth in the Toon yesterday ,had my picture taken with him and had a short chat ,defensivly awful but considering injuries that was to be expected

:lol: that makes it sound like you were testing out an injured Tim Roth's defensive skills.

The only good thing for me yesterday was meeting Tim Roth in the Toon yesterday ,had my picture taken with him and had a short chat ,defensivly awful but considering injuries that was to be expected

:lol: that makes it sound like you were testing out an injured Tim Roth's defensive skills.

Just realized that it sound like i was playing him ,no he was in Rosies bar and  the Newcastle arms  ;D

Just realized that it sound like i was playing him ,no he was in Rosies bar and  the Newcastle arms  ;D

Fuck's sake, I keep missing him. :(

I'd be too shot scared to talk to Tim Roth after watching Lie to Me, I would expect him to be in character and be a right 'orrible bastard to me.

Gutted about the Norwich result, even with our patched up team I thought we may have got something there. Pity about Gosling, it was a very silly challenge, big game against Swansea Saturday, be good to end this run of results.