Newcastle United Vs Swansea - 17/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Fenham Mag

Pardew's said Colo should be back and he's hopeful on Tiote. Apologise if this has been posted already.

He should rather shut the f*** up. I'm sick of hearing this "should be back" bullshit.

He didn't say anything last week about it

Guest Benarfanufc10

Pardew's said Colo should be back and he's hopeful on Tiote. Apologise if this has been posted already.

Pardew's said Ben arfa should be stay on the bench and obertan is terrific and shola the best player of the world :snod:

I'm not going if Smith plays, swear to God.

Same.

Aye, it'd be totally uncalled for, blood a youth. Absolutely nothing to lose. He'd be a nailed on yellow against their 3 men midfield too.

We'll need an early goal I think in this one. With the way Swansea play, keeping the ball and working it, I can see the fans getting edgy if we're still 0-0 or whatever and they're dictating play more than us.

Based on Pardew's comments on BBC:

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

Obertan  Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Ba      Best

What we'll end up seeing knowing our luck:

Krul

Simpson  Perch  Coloccini  Raylor

Obertan  Cabaye  Smith  Jonas

Ba  Ameobi

“I haven’t thought about it,” said Pardew, suggesting he is hopeful over Coloccini. “Dan Gosling, (Haris) Vuckic, (Alan) Smith, they are the three favourites for that (central midfield) position.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/12/10/omitted-newcastle-players-can-come-in-from-cold-61634-29928701/2/#ixzz1gA1wnKY2

Seems Abeid was never in his thinking. The fact we're playing Swansea makes it even more suitable for Vuckic as they're a side who like play on the deck.

I suspect Smith made the bench today because we had plenty of other attacking options out there but no defensive player, so Smith made it by default rather than on merit.

Smith won't play. I think Pardew had given up on the game and made the substitution out of sentiment.

Can you imagine Cabaye's reaction to all this? :lol:

AP: Yohan, you'll be paired up with Chieck in the centre from now.

YC: Aw, fantastic - we'll be the best CM pairing in the league.

Later.

AP: Yohan, Chieck is out for a week - he'll probably be back next week though - in the meanwhile Guffree' is available and playing well.

YC: Oh. Yeah, I can see that. I suppose I'll have to take over the more defensive duties for the good of the team, but I've seen him play, he can pick a pass and shows some good promise.

Fast-forward.

AP: Well, Guffree' is injured, Yohan... Dan Gosling has come in and played okay though. He can do a job at least, y'know? Just for a bit. Chieck is back soon, honest. Not saying when!

YC: Oh. Erm. Yeah. We're hard pressed, I suppose. I'm really not gonna get a chance to go forward though. Really going to have to make the most of those opportunities and hope Danny can do some damage on his forays forward.

AP: Yeah.

Before Swansea

AP: Yohan - this is Alan Smith. You may rememb-... come back, Yohan - just hear me-... hear me out...

I'm in the mood to be stupidly optimistic and believe that everything Pardew said about injuries is true. I'm also going to dream that Alan sees the light and drops the crap.

so......                                  Krul

Simpson      Williamson  Coloccini    Santon

Ben Arfa      Cabaye      Tiote      Jonas

Best        Ba