Nigel Pearson - Our potential Blessing in disguise ?

PCW1983

Fact since Pearsons arrival Newcastle have conceded 4 goals.

Fact Both Nobby Solano and Shay Given have praised him for his work with the defence.

So my question to you is....Is Pearson the man to teach Bramble how to concentrate, Moore to stay sober, Baba to turn up and Carr to actually play football ?

you cant get blood out of a stone when it comes to baba and carr the reason we have been playing so well is cause they arent in the side to mess it up, blessing indeed as sol has really took the lead and stuck in no matter what position he is in. I fear that with bramble he tries to hide the crap with a few classy touches or 10-15 mins worth of skill it doesnt stop him messing up and no matter how good the coach you cant improve a poor player.

We may have turned the corner,especially defensively and some of that is down to Pearson getting better games out of Bramble etc.But it is more down to Carr and Babayaro being injured and to a lesser extent Moore so Tayls can play centre half.I also think Nicky Butt playing more regularly and sitting just in front of the back 4 and playing well has an added improvement.

I don't know to what extend does Pearson's influence have on our defense. Bramble might be imperious for us in the Arsenal game but hewas back to his old self again for the majority of the Porstmouth game.

In the long run we shall see if there is any real difference he makes. But I am glad that he joins us because we are simply short of technical stuff. By Terry's own words he is not a coach, yet he is a highly valued coach by our manager.

We simply need more heads I suppose, to share Roeder's work load and also to introduce new and different ideas to Roeder.

Bramble's crap. End of.

Bored of people living on the lie that he'll be good one day.

Pearson might be doing alright, we can't really tell because we're not at the training sessions. Taylor has improved - but whether or not that's got anything to do with Pearson i don't really know, because Taylor undoubtedly had the quality anyway - i think he jsut needed a run in the side. There's absolutely no way he can be dropped now. And the defense has improved in organisation in the last two matches because Carr isn't playing and Nobby is a very competent and controlled player himself.

With Babayaro, and Carr in particular, there's no shape when we're defending. They're both OK in the opposition's half, but at the back - they make it look like just a clump of players - not a defense.

I think it's a coincidence that we have concieded less goals since pearson has arrived. It's more likely that we have conceded less goals due to the fact Carr and Baba have been out. I'm sick of the stick Ramage has been getting even though he is playing out of position. Everytime i have seen him play he's barely put a foot wrong.

Yorkie-Geordie couldn't agree more about Bramble. If i could boot him out tommorow i would despite our lack of defenders.

Ramage has been good at the back, just shite going forward. That's because he's a centre-back...

If Babayaro had Ramage's defensive abilities - he'd be a good player.

There's massive potential in a Taylor-Ramage partnership. Ramage's tackling and blocking is exceptional. He just can't pass or cross, which makes him pretty useless as a winger.

I bet Shearer would be an excellent coach. Just listening to his analysis of certain strikers on MOTD the other night, in-particular Martins, was absolutely spot on, and i bet Obafemi could learn a lot from Alan. On the whole, he's not a great pundit, but when it comes to the striking department, he unsurprisingly speaks a lot of sense.

GeJon

we replaced him with the blonde guy.. :D

and he was full of crap :)

it just goes to tell u that decent assistents can help even roeder to become a good manager

and i don't think glenn does anything really,besides sitting on the bench and buy shit players (sibreski aside)

I bet Shearer would be an excellent coach. Just listening to his analysis of certain strikers on MOTD the other night, in-particular Martins, was absolutely spot on, and i bet Obafemi could learn a lot from Alan. On the whole, he's not a great pundit, but when it comes to the striking department, he unsurprisingly speaks a lot of sense.

I was thinking along the same lines about Shearer coaching Martins but then I thought "hang on we have a player picking up £100k+ a week doing pretty much bugger all who uses his positioning and movement as one of his biggest weapons, get Owen to sit down with Martins every training session and talk to him about how to get himself into these positions"

Ramage has been good at the back, just shite going forward. That's because he's a centre-back...

There's massive potential in a Taylor-Ramage partnership. Ramage's tackling and blocking is exceptional. He just can't pass or cross, which makes him pretty useless as a winger.

Tell me you are over-exagerrating. I like Ramage as a central defender and I think he would eventually become a player like Moore, solid tough if unspectacular central defender.

But exceptional!?

I think it's a coincidence that we have concieded less goals since pearson has arrived. It's more likely that we have conceded less goals due to the fact Carr and Baba have been out. I'm sick of the stick Ramage has been getting even though he is playing out of position. Everytime i have seen him play he's barely put a foot wrong.

Yorkie-Geordie couldn't agree more about Bramble. If i could boot him out tommorow i would despite our lack of defenders.

Luckily you are not our manager. We are short of senior central defenders after Boumsong left and Ramage being constantly used as a left back. You might not rate Bramble but he is still a very useful player to us. With him we conceded quite a few silly goals but without him we would have conceded a lot more.

After Souness took reign in our club he purged quite a few squad players. Soon he complain about the injuries situation. We are now left with Taylor, Bramble, Ramage as our fit defenders. If anything happens to Taylor or Ramage, who should fill the void?

Fact since Pearsons arrival Newcastle have conceded 4 goals.

Fact Both Nobby Solano and Shay Given have praised him for his work with the defence.

So my question to you is....Is Pearson the man to teach Bramble how to concentrate, Moore to stay sober, Baba to turn up and Carr to actually play football ?

He won't get Babayaro to turn up, or Carr to be the player he was when he was younger [although he isn't so bad as people make out] but he certainly could be the making of Bramble, who is in his last chance saloon. This is the first time since he came that he has 2 coaches who were good central defenders, so its now or never for him or somewhere else.

I also would like to see Ramage in central defence, before deciding if he is good enough for us or not, because I think he might be quite good there.

Tell me you are over-exagerrating. I like Ramage as a central defender and I think he would eventually become a player like Moore, solid tough if unspectacular central defender.

But exceptional!?

Yes - exceptional. Defensively, i think Ramage is the one player who Pearson might have helped. The amount of flying tackles and blocks that Ramage has provided in the dangerous areas, just after or just before the striker has pulled the trigger, is countless. He is superb at the 'sliding' blocks, and i've spotted it in the last few matches. He made a cracker at Man City, and i can also remember one outstanding block from about 10 yards against Pompey aswell.

And about Bramble, i disagree with Rodhaminho aswell. He's shit, but we should offload him in the summer, not now.

If Ramage is exceptional, what is the adjective you use to describe other defenders such as Taylor, Vidic, Terry, Cavalho, Ferdinand, Toure, Gallas, King, Dawson, Woodgate, Potagetz, Campbell, Carragher, Hyppia, Yobo and de Zeeuw?

If Ramage is exceptional, what is the adjective you use to describe other defenders such as Taylor, Vidic, Terry, Cavalho, Ferdinand, Toure, Gallas, King, Dawson, Woodgate, Potagetz, Campbell, Carragher, Hyppia, Yobo and de Zeeuw?

:roll:

I said his blocking is exceptional. Which it is. Or atleast has been these last few games.

I didn't say 'Ramage is exceptional'.