Keeper Attacks Supporter and Match Abandoned (Dutch Cup Game -AJAX/AZ)

Crumpy Gunt

Fuck the fan honestly, it looks like he ran to the pitch in order to attack the Goalkeeper, honestly wish he would've kept on kicking the shit out of him, should be a rule that any cunt who runs on the pitch gets the fuck kicked out off, might stop a few people from trying.

Remember there being a similar case in a South American league not too long ago, a fan had made it into the pitch and a midfielder "tackled" him, which resulted in a red card. So I'm assuming that's what the ref is supposed to do :dontknow:

I wudnt realy blame a player for lashing out at a supporter for disrupting a match in frustration like. The problem now is that players know that they arent allowed to do anything to stop them if it happens again, making the fans more likely to do it....  :idiot2:

good on the AZ coach getting his team to walk off and didn't that ref look a twat aswell.

any truth in the stories of an upsurge in footy trouble over there ? sure i read recently that the ajax,psv and feyenoord werent enjoying AZ and twente traking the piss out of them.

Referee Bas Nijhuis defended his decision to show Esteban a red card.

"I understand that Esteban was defending himself, but he walked to him (the supporter) and kicked him multiple times," Nijhuis said.

"He could also have walked away."

If he was attacked first then he had every right to defend himself.  Ref was completely in the wrong there.

don't think kicking him twice when he's on the deck is quite defending himself but the twat deserved it.

I'm sure he could find more than enough in the rules to back the red card up.

But the way he handled it was obscene. Didn't even try to talk to the lad who just had his personal safety at risk, just waited with his card in his hand. Too many refs are just dumb jobsworths.

Good on the manager for taking everyone off. Agreed there.

Kicking him a second time when he was down is not right...no matter what.

But the first time is fair play. The headline should be supporter attacks keeper...surely?

I presume there was a first time even though the vid doesn't show it. Fugazi's pic would suggest the first one.

The player has every right to defend himself there. But once he's down...kicking him...hmmm...grinds my gears when pussies do that.

why? just by stepping onto the pitch the fan has made a serious and potentially dangerous transgression, then he goes one further and attacks the keeper. self-defence under those circumstances is keeping the attacker on the defensive/on the ground and putting a few kicks in does that. i don't mean he say he should seriously try to do some harm, ie stamps or anything, but in my eyes he's entitled to do what he did.

Maybe he booted him more than once to make sure he stayed down until he could be dealt with by stewards.  Why let him back up?  For all Esteban knew the fan could have a blade or some other weapon.

Imo he was taking care of his own safety and he was fair game, ridiculous to send him off.

Guest michaelfoster

Once again people blame the ref for understanding the rules.  :lol:

Aye its violent conduct even if its a spectator, official, player, manager, coach, physio etc