Read some of this...it gets worse daily

Incognito

Beatties a good player, i think he would suit our style of play more than Evertons. Everton are more defensively focused and rely alot on counter attacks and 5 men in midfield. If we had Beattie and Martins up front i think you would see a different player. We also like to get crosses in when we are playing well, Beattie would offer a good aerial threat.

BIG NEWS FOR ALL HAMMERS FANS OUT THERE!

our signings will be:

janot 2m = money from carroll

kiraly free

halford 3m

kilgallon 3m

bridge 4.5

barton 5m

jenas 7m = both money used from the money from nrc.

beckham 7m

wright-phillips loan

milner = exchange from harewood.

eastwood 1m = with zamora going the ova way.

keane free = exchange for yossi.

gudjohnson = 3.5m

:lol: :lol:

I still think Beattie would cost too much, considering his past, and he's a very streaky player when it comes to scoring goals.  At the right price, perhaps, but he'd still be a gamble.  £6.5 for him was way too much for Everton to break their club record for. 

Guest nufc_geordie

I think James Beattie is a fantastic player, maybe lacking a little bit of pace. He is strong, good in the air and the ground, and partners with a fast player like Martins/ Dyer I think that he could be a success here. As mentioned earlier he has had some unlucky injuries when he has been scoring goals and it always takes time to get back on the goal trail.

The Everton formation of 4-5-1 with Beattie either on the bench or on the right of midfield this season does not suit him at all.

A possibilityin January I think!!!

Guest BillyRay Valentine

Beatties a good player, i think he would suit our style of play more than Evertons. Everton are more defensively focused and rely alot on counter attacks and 5 men in midfield. If we had Beattie and Martins up front i think you would see a different player. We also like to get crosses in when we are playing well, Beattie would offer a good aerial threat.

agreed. decent player stuck in the wrong system, who clearly looks demoralised by the whole thing. we're desperate for someone to put themselves about a bit up front and he's desperate for some action so i reckon he'd jump at the chance of playing for us too, what with cleaning sheera's boots at southampton, etc etc...

4 mil tops though

Guest theunis

Man that site seems bit dodge, written by fans?

As for Beattie ill defintly take him if the price is right, he does need a change think he will work well with what we play

Guest theunis

Jan window must come already all this speculations is driving me nuts, i have a feeling Rouder might dissapoint us again, although Sibi has been super

Steve Howard from Derby.

Get him in.

He's almost a geordie -  for that extra incentive to spend money on him.

Go Freddy Go!

I think James Beattie is a fantastic player, maybe lacking a little bit of pace. He is strong, good in the air and the ground, and partners with a fast player like Martins/ Dyer I think that he could be a success here. As mentioned earlier he has had some unlucky injuries when he has been scoring goals and it always takes time to get back on the goal trail.

The Everton formation of 4-5-1 with Beattie either on the bench or on the right of midfield this season does not suit him at all.

A possibilityin January I think!!!

Beattie has never played on the right of midfield. Ever.

When he's played for us this season it's always been a 4-4-2 with Johnson and in the last couple of games McFadden. Recently one of our kids, Anichebe has contributed far more purely because he actually looks interested. Beattie is so lazy and barring a purple patch last season when he was trying to make the World Cup squad has done nothing for us.

I'd be happy to get shut of him. We could replace him with someone who would suit AJ better. The two of them don't work and there's only one choice as to who you'd keep.

I think he'd improve at Newcastle purely because you've got proper wingers and we haven't. But his shit attitude and work rate would be the same.