Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 30/12/11 @ 7.45pm (live on Sky) pre-match thread

Dave

Pardew has a pedigree for getting results away at big teams. Anyone remember West Hams 3-2 win at Arsenal and Sol storming off at HT?

think Hughton was better at inspiring big performances. which is funny cos i always thought one of Hughton's weaknesses was motivation and it caused us to drop points against so called lesser teams, whereas Pardew seems a bit more professional in that regard.

Maybe so, but we have a better team now. Long ball is not our normal game, Pardew chose that at Bolton because he must have thought that was Boltons weakness.

Pardew has a pedigree for getting results away at big teams. Anyone remember West Hams 3-2 win at Arsenal and Sol storming off at HT?

think Hughton was better at inspiring big performances. which is funny cos i always thought one of Hughton's weaknesses was motivation and it caused us to drop points against so called lesser teams, whereas Pardew seems a bit more professional in that regard.

Maybe so, but we have a better team now. Long ball is not our normal game, Pardew chose that at Bolton because he must have thought that was Boltons weakness.

Must have thought it was Swansea's and West Brom's weakness too.

Dirk Kuyt has scored in each of his last three Premier League games against Newcastle and laid on two assists.

Newcastle have failed to score in their last five Premier League visits to Anfield.

Liverpool have won 14 and lost none of their last 16 Premier League games against the Magpies at Anfield.

Steven Gerrard has scored six goals in his last eight Premier League games against Newcastle.

The winning side has scored at least three goals in the last six Premier League games between Liverpool and Newcastle. The Reds have won five of those six games.

Newcastle have lost just two of their last 10 Premier League away games (W4 D4 L2).

Demba Ba has scored 21 goals in just 25 Premier League starts.

Liverpool are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League games at Anfield, but have drawn five of the last six.

Liverpool have the worst chance conversion rate in the Premier League scoring with just 8% of their attempts.

The Reds have hit the woodwork more often than any other team (17), while Newcastle are second in this category with 12.

Liverpool have conceded 99 goals in December in Premier League history.

:pokerface:

Maybe. The point is , i don't think he'll play the long ball game tonight.

Dirk Kuyt has scored in each of his last three Premier League games against Newcastle and laid on two assists.

Newcastle have failed to score in their last five Premier League visits to Anfield.

Liverpool have won 14 and lost none of their last 16 Premier League games against the Magpies at Anfield.

Steven Gerrard has scored six goals in his last eight Premier League games against Newcastle.

The winning side has scored at least three goals in the last six Premier League games between Liverpool and Newcastle. The Reds have won five of those six games.

Newcastle have lost just two of their last 10 Premier League away games (W4 D4 L2).

Demba Ba has scored 21 goals in just 25 Premier League starts.

Liverpool are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League games at Anfield, but have drawn five of the last six.

Liverpool have the worst chance conversion rate in the Premier League scoring with just 8% of their attempts.

The Reds have hit the woodwork more often than any other team (17), while Newcastle are second in this category with 12.

Liverpool have conceded 99 goals in December in Premier League history.

:pokerface:

0-0 it is.

"We've got another 1-1 draw to look forward to..." :lol:

That mong on the right sounds like he's about to cough up a fur ball every few minutes, if he wasn't a bin dipper I'd advise him to see a doctor.

When he said crock and pronounced it Croachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, awful.

I lasted 01:13. :lol:

Maybe. The point is , i don't think he'll play the long ball game tonight.

I think if we are to play anything tonight, it'll be some kind of long ball. I don't expect us to play some nice passing football, certainly not tonight.