New years Resolutions!

jake_horne76

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm generally good at these. Done the quit smoking thing, done the pass my driving test thing, done the become a dad thing (2 months to go). This time I want to cut out midweek drinking and start going to the gym to get my body shape back to how it used to be. I also plan to marry wor lass some time in 2012. Financially I'll try to increase my earnings by 10-15% which I've managed to do in the last 2 years no bother. Above all else though I need to make more of an effort with my family, had one or two fall-outs this year and its horrible because without family you have nothing really.

You should take a photo of yourself, kind of like a passport style, over the period of a few years to see how you change.

I am sure I saw something earlier this year where someone had done this.

Aye there are a few videos on Youtube of people who've done that. Not interested in seeing my own ugly mug age though. :lol:

I'm generally good at these. Done the quit smoking thing, done the pass my driving test thing, done the become a dad thing (2 months to go). This time I want to cut out midweek drinking and start going to the gym to get my body shape back to how it used to be. I also plan to marry wor lass some time in 2012. Financially I'll try to increase my earnings by 10-15% which I've managed to do in the last 2 years no bother. Above all else though I need to make more of an effort with my family, had one or two fall-outs this year and its horrible because without family you have nothing really.

Good luck, man. You'll find that that will take over all of your resolutions, for better or worse. I feel like I barely drink at all now, but can't remember the last time I went for a jog. I suspect that having a kid will also make you at least reassess your relationship with the family.

been in the process of giving up smoking the past couple months. I've cut out the ones during the day, on way to shops/any other short journey. though as soon as im out at the pub, i do so i guess mine will be to cut that out

Guest Howaythetoon

Lay off the smack, secure my place in Englands Euro 2012 squad, learn Swahili.

Learn Swahili eh?

I can speak a bit of that myself. Very tough language to learn though because there is a lot of slang in there.

Guest Howaythetoon

Good luck, man. You'll find that that will take over all of your resolutions, for better or worse. I feel like I barely drink at all now, but can't remember the last time I went for a jog. I suspect that having a kid will also make you at least reassess your relationship with the family.

Cheers and you're right RE the family bit.