Stephen Lawrence murder: Dobson and Norris found guilty

Geordie Ahmed

Two men have been convicted of the racist murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence, 18 years after he was stabbed to death at a south London bus stop.

Gary Dobson and David Norris were found guilty by an Old Bailey jury after a trial based on forensic evidence.

Scientists found a tiny blood stain on Dobson's jacket that could only have come from Mr Lawrence.

As he was led away, Dobson told the jury they had condemned an "innocent man". Sentencing will be on Wednesday.

read more http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16347953

Not before time, but we still await sentencing tomorrow and only then can we judge whether justice has been done. Nasty little bastards, that gang who killed Stephen Lawrence.

Not before time, but we still await sentencing tomorrow and only then can we judge whether justice has been done. Nasty little bastards, that gang who killed Stephen Lawrence.

Four more have walked free and in all likelyhood will never face prosecution. These scumbags will get a 30 stretch minimum. The only positive is it starts from tomorrow and they'll be old and decrepit when they eventually get out.

On the bright side, if they'd been convicted when they should have been then they'd have been looking at parole in ten years time.  Now their time is just starting.  The others who killed the lad should now be actively persued.  I bet those two sing like canaries when they get 30 years minimum tomorrow.

ITV News reckoned that a deal through 'grassing' won't stand up because of the fact they have lied for so long so their word is as good as shite. Also - it would seem the police do not have much to go on with the other 3 suspects and I also find it amazing that no charges were brought against the officers in the police who bungled the investigation - especially when the MET were condemed as being 'institutionally racist'. Then again -the police tend to look after their own. :thdn:

Four more have walked free and in all likelyhood will never face prosecution. These scumbags will get a 30 stretch minimum. The only positive is it starts from tomorrow and they'll be old and decrepit when they eventually get out.

Unfortunately the scum will be sentenced as if they were minors so i guess they'll get 10-15 and not the 30 minimum we'd all have hoped for.

Not so much inept or shit detective work according to reports released since the verdict.

Apparently Clifford Norris, David Norris' father, was a major mover in the South London drugs world.

Was seen in meetings with various investigating officers at time.

Also Norris and friends have left a trail of acquittals from various violent offences after his father 'had a word'.

I hope the last thing the Acourts and Luke Knight hear is footsteps behind them.

The McPherson Inquiry (if I remember it being called, at the time) was shocking, and game-changing, literally. I suppose that's one good thing to come out of this whole debacle, which is that the Lawrence family really pushed for reform and actual change of processes within the Met and the justice system.

I doubt they'll be out after 15 years tbh.  It would take a pretty brave Home Secretary to sanction it.  Juveniles are routinely given shorter than normal sentences for serious crimes because, for better or worse, we as a society broadly believe that juvenile criminals can be rehabilitated and reintroduced to society more easily than adult killers.  These guys have shown no remorse for what they have done in eighteen years.  I'd be surprised if they serve any less than 25 years each.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tragic case all-round and finally some justice for the parents. Absolute scum the lot of them (the cunts who did this) and hopefully the others will be found guilty. I remember this when it happened and it was a huge news. The parents deserve a medal for simply not letting the bastards get away with it and the police to forget about it as well. Hopefully this will act as a trigger to would be twats that getting away with crimes these days is getting harder and harder thanks to new techniques and science, that and the will of good decent people like the Lawrences who don't lie down and take whatever they are told. People power basically.

Since this tragedy I think the police force in particular has benefitted the most, although being tagged as institutionally racist at the time did untold damage on many fronts, perhaps it was the kind of kick up the arse the force needed. Today, from my experience anyway, I find the Police to be just as much about the community as they are about the law and that's a good thing.

I think society has benefitted too. Race crimes still happen sadly but I believe people are more tolerant these days and black youngsters are generally more a part of society than ever before.

By the way the sentances are pathetic really and that is one side of law that badly needs looked into.

Have you looked around that site?

Probably not the most balanced place to source a story from.

It's quite a site :lol:

http://englandcalling.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/the-racial-and-ethnic-make-up-of-the-august-2011-uk-rioters-by-group/

Going through the names of rioters to decide how many of them are black, using logic like

Those with Biblical names – these are most probably black

Aaron Young

Samuel Green

Etc etc.  How the fuck can you decide Aaron and Sam are "probably black" based on their name alone? :lol:

Have you looked around that site?

Probably not the most balanced place to source a story from.

It's quite a site :lol:

http://englandcalling.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/the-racial-and-ethnic-make-up-of-the-august-2011-uk-rioters-by-group/

Going through the names of rioters to decide how many of them are black, using logic like

Those with Biblical names – these are most probably black

Aaron Young

Samuel Green

Etc etc.  How the fuck can you decide Aaron and Sam are "probably black" based on their name alone? :lol:

Yeah, it's pretty obviously a far-right site trying to obtain an air of respectability by restraining themselves on the the language front. Speaking of which, when I googled that lad's name the only sources I could find talking about it were of a similar nature, I'd want to see it in some reputable source before I accept what's written in that article at face value.

As for the names thing, I reckon I have a pretty good idea as to what people are calling their kids and I can assure you that what they're trying to do is utterly retarded, but then they are a bunch of racists, so being retarded kinda goes without saying.