3 reasons why we wont be relegated.

Dokko

1: Sheff Utd

2: Watford

3: Charlton

Big headed to say so, especially since Sheff Utd beat us in our own backyard, Charlton managed to draw before their manager was sacked, and Watford took us to penalties, but the quality of these three teams is something we should be delighted at.

Sheff Utd are plucky i give them that. But not enough was done in the transfer window to suggest they can do anything to keep them in the division. They are industrial, play hard, and work for their points, and sometimes they'll just end up taking pride home, but thats something they can build on. Warnock to the letter, and it shows. Warnock has been a good boy so far, but when things start going a bit tits up, the pressure will get to him, and he'll be like a boiling kettle on a stove come March when the heat steps up a notch. Question is, will the board allow him transfer funds, because i think with some decent money in the window, he could bring in 2-3 players that could make it tight and put pressure on whoever is down there come the final 3rd of the season. But i also think Sheff Utd will not spend in the window, so therefore when their small squad pick up a few key injuries, they'll fade fast and Warnock will blow a head gasket.

Watford were very very lucky to come up this season, and it really is a case of just enjoy it while you can for them. Make some money, go back down and build again. Of course they are aiming to stay in the division, deluded Boothroyd would probably be a bit upset if he didn't at least take the FA cup with him, but seriously, avoiding the lowest points total would be an achievement for them, but one i expect them to do because of his drive. The squad however are a basic promotion chasing Championship team, and was one of seven teams who it could of been. Nothing has really changed much to suggest EPL is where they belong, the future could be bright for them in a couple of years, as long as they don't knee jerk and sack their manager when its not going well in their return to the Championship.

The only team with any real quality is Charlton, but with Dowie blowing more money in two months than Curbs did in 15 years, they are proper fuked, and i just wonder if a couple of rats may jump ship in the jan window, before going down with the ship. I'd take the Bent rat & the Young one on board here if they wanted, the rest of their players i think will not fetch much. Jan is an important window, and with the ability to pick up better players than half the Charlton team for free at the end of the season, Charlton won't be able to give some of their players away, who are on huge wages sitting in nice posh houses in London. I don't think their new gaffer is up to scratch, and comes across very much as a teacher (which he is) and this really doesn't seem to be the kind of personality you really need to pull you out of the soup, so with an unknown manager, no money, and big big spending by the previous boss, things could get very tetchy if they don't start climbing the table very soon.

So my three reasons to put to bed the fear of relegation. Takeover or not, money needs to be spent in the window, the fans will lynch FS if we dont get some more players in and its just a case of building up some decent home form now, and start climbing a very tight table, and get out of trouble.

Easy eh? ;)  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest mrchoonz

Sheffield Utd looked good tonight and beat us at home. Made us look very poor too!!!

Dont count them as relegated just yet!!!!

Sheffield Utd looked good tonight and beat us at home. Made us look very poor too!!!

I thought they both looked shite tonight, and the rut we were in Whitley Bay would of beat us that day.

Watford were very very lucky to come up this season, and it really is a case of just enjoy it while you can for them. Make some money, go back down and build again. Of course they are aiming to stay in the division, deluded Boothroyd would probably be a bit upset if he didn't at least take the FA cup with him, but seriously, avoiding the lowest points total would be an achievement for them, but one i expect them to do because of his drive. The squad however are a basic promotion chasing Championship team, and was one of seven teams who it could of been. Nothing has really changed much to suggest EPL is where they belong, the future could be bright for them in a couple of years, as long as they don't knee jerk and sack their manager when its not going well in their return to the Championship.

I fear that Watford would not be relegated, and I for one do not want to see them relegated. Boothroyd and Burkingshaw are capable of pulling rabbit out of the hat. Due to lack of money their suqad are thin and of low quality. Still, they have played some good football and were at the current position due to some poor lucks. Come this Janury, if they can reinforce their squads with some good signings, I think they might just remain in the premiership.

They are extremely unluck that Ben Foster, Marlon King, Ashley Young and Clarke Carlisle their 4 major players expecially thier former three are all out injured. Apart from Young, the rest are suffering long term injuries.

I fear that Watford would not be relegated, and I for one do not want to see them relegated. Boothroyd and Burkingshaw are capable of pulling rabbit out of the hat. Due to lack of money their suqad are thin and of low quality. Still, they have played some good football and were at the current position due to some poor lucks. Come this Janury, if they can reinforce their squads with some good signings, I think they might just remain in the premiership.

They are extremely unluck that Ben Foster, Marlon King, Ashley Young and Clarke Carlisle their 4 major players expecially thier former three are all out injured. Apart from Young, the rest are suffering long term injuries.

They wont spend. And the teams around them probably will. (us & other EPL teams)

How about some good Bosman signings? Or some good loan signings?

I am sure they woudn't want to miss out the TV money windfall. At the beginning of the season I worried about their offensive abilities due to their over reliance of Marlon King, and thought they would do well defensively because of Ben Foster and Danny Shittu. However their problem is now witht heir leaky defense rather than scoring. Ben Foster is injured and Shittu has not played as well as his manager had expected.

Maybe they need our mighty Bramble ;)

How about some good Bosman signings? Or some good loan signings?

I am sure they woudn't want to miss out the TV money windfall. At the beginning of the season I worried about their offensive abilities due to their over reliance of Marlon King, and thought they would do well defensively because of Ben Foster and Danny Shittu. However their problem is now witht heir leaky defense rather than scoring. Ben Foster is injured and Shittu has not played as well as his manager had expected.

Maybe they need our mighty Bramble ;)

Well there wont be any bosmans, not in jan, but the likes of Bramble, Carr or Babayaro could be the kind of players they might be able to find a £1m or so for.

It still wont help them, not for what they need.

I want Sheff Utd to stay in the division, just to see Warnock blow up and go mad over and over again, he's pure entertainment, its a shame he's not more competitive with bigger teams (or with a bigger club) as his frustration would grow even bigger!  :lol: Am mean i know, but hell, that would be me if i were a manager.

1: Sheff Utd

2: Watford

3: Charlton

Big headed to say so, especially since Sheff Utd beat us in our own backyard, Charlton managed to draw before their manager was sacked, and Watford took us to penalties, but the quality of these three teams is something we should be delighted at.

Sheff Utd are plucky i give them that. But not enough was done in the transfer window to suggest they can do anything to keep them in the division. They are industrial, play hard, and work for their points, and sometimes they'll just end up taking pride home, but thats something they can build on. Warnock to the letter, and it shows. Warnock has been a good boy so far, but when things start going a bit tits up, the pressure will get to him, and he'll be like a boiling kettle on a stove come March when the heat steps up a notch. Question is, will the board allow him transfer funds, because i think with some decent money in the window, he could bring in 2-3 players that could make it tight and put pressure on whoever is down there come the final 3rd of the season. But i also think Sheff Utd will not spend in the window, so therefore when their small squad pick up a few key injuries, they'll fade fast and Warnock will blow a head gasket.

The only team with any real quality is Charlton, but with Dowie blowing more money in two months than Curbs did in 15 years, they are proper fuked, and i just wonder if a couple of rats may jump ship in the jan window, before going down with the ship. I'd take the Bent rat & the Young one on board here if they wanted, the rest of their players i think will not fetch much. Jan is an important window, and with the ability to pick up better players than half the Charlton team for free at the end of the season, Charlton won't be able to give some of their players away, who are on huge wages sitting in nice posh houses in London. I don't think their new gaffer is up to scratch, and comes across very much as a teacher (which he is) and this really doesn't seem to be the kind of personality you really need to pull you out of the soup, so with an unknown manager, no money, and big big spending by the previous boss, things could get very tetchy if they don't start climbing the table very soon.

So my three reasons to put to bed the fear of relegation. Takeover or not, money needs to be spent in the window, the fans will lynch FS if we dont get some more players in and its just a case of building up some decent home form now, and start climbing a very tight table, and get out of trouble.

Easy eh? ;)  bluebiggrin.gif

Howay man, nee1's as bad as the mackems were last season! Especially as they've already got 9pts.

Guest mrchoonz

I thought they both looked shite tonight, and the rut we were in Whitley Bay would of beat us that day.

They made us look bad by the way they played, so credit's due when credits due, yes we were bad but they made us play like that

All im saying is they aint relegated by any means yet, I think West Ham, who got alucky win against them at the weekend are a bigger candidate to get relegated.

Guest theunis

Yip also think people talking about relegation is silly for us just yet. We have some quality injured and the other teams look far worse than we do atm. So for now i dont think we will get relegated. But we need to pull our socks up and start earning some points to make it save. Seems like West Ham got some points was hoping they can be inbetween us and the relegation battle. Fulham and Man City need to start loosing 2

They made us look bad by the way they played, so credit's due when credits due, yes we were bad but they made us play like that

All im saying is they aint relegated by any means yet, I think West Ham, who got alucky win against them at the weekend are a bigger candidate to get relegated.

West Ham will spend in the window, like i said its key, especially for those down the bottom, its just whether the boards have the balls to commit, and i dont think any of the 3 will for whatever reason, while Us, West Ham, and a few other EPL regulars will have no choice.

Yip also think people talking about relegation is silly for us just yet. We have some quality injured and the other teams look far worse than we do atm. So for now i dont think we will get relegated. But we need to pull our socks up and start earning some points to make it save. Seems like West Ham got some points was hoping they can be inbetween us and the relegation battle. Fulham and Man City need to start loosing 2

Fulham & City will be forever drawn to the drops zone like moths to a lightbulb.

Fulham have a fairly weak team overall, but enough good players (niemi, Diop, Boa Morte & John) to pick some points at home.

City should always do better with the squad they've got. A SWP's loan could see the stay well clear of the drop zone, but again it for yet another season for them it will be touch n go.

Guest mrchoonz

West Ham will spend in the window, like i said its key, especially for those down the bottom, its just whether the boards have the balls to commit, and i dont think any of the 3 will for whatever reason, while Us, West Ham, and a few other EPL regulars will have no choice.

And sending in the window means what?

Are they gonna bring in more players like Tevez and Mascherano?? :roll:

Which board was that then eh?  :roll:

Besides, EVERYONE thought it was a class coup, i bet you did as well.

The new board will have new ideas and money to spend, West Ham could quite easily push alongside Villa for what should be our 5th spot next season along with Spurs. EPL life just gets more difficult and the incompetence of our own board is now shining through more than ever due to other numpts leaving, and new boards getting it right.

Guest theunis

HEHE yeah think ur spot on. Also think that Watford Sheff and Reading teams wount have the balls to spend in the window, will be risky if they do

Guest mrchoonz

The new board will have new ideas and money to spend, West Ham could quite easily push alongside Villa for what should be our 5th spot next season along with Spurs. EPL life just gets more difficult and the incompetence of our own board is now shining through more than ever due to other numpts leaving, and new boards getting it right.

I'm saying that spending money doesnt mean you'll get victories in the Premiership, if you fail to see that, well I dont know :roll:

I'm saying that spending money doesnt mean you'll get victories in the Premiership, if you fail to see that, well I dont know :roll:

You think am daft? I support NUFC, of course i know that. But new signings, especially some fresh faces in Jan when you are at the bottom can have huge impacts, do you not realise this?

Steve Bruce did it in his 1st season with Brum, they spent, and rescued the club. Harry did it with pompy, and pulled them out of the soup, and they looked a certain to go down.

If you don't spend in Jan, and your in the bottom 4 by then, you will struggle to get out.

If you cannot see this, well i certainly dont fuking know  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

;)

HEHE yeah think ur spot on. Also think that Watford Sheff and Reading teams wount have the balls to spend in the window, will be risky if they do

Reading haven't really spend any money at all (from the 2nd division) getting here, the chairman must be laughing. (although he did buy them a nice new shiny stadium)

Guest theunis

If you are at buttom and u dont spend, think fans will be all over you if u end up relegated, never know how much a signing will mean for a team. Not spending i feel, either meens that you are not going to take risks, or u have already thinking u are going down

I don't think Reading really need to spend in the window, at least not if their only objective is to stay up. It would take a shocking second half of the season for them to go down - and what they've shown so far doesn't suggest that's likely to happen.

I'd imagine they'll spend but not as a staying up policy, more a strengthening and deepening of squad style as although they're first X1 is ok they're stand ins such as Oster,Gunnarsson aren't upto it.