Zambia win 2012 African Cup of Nations

TRC

Really looking forward to this. But then I just thought...

...they're all going to have those fucking trumpet things! :scared:

:fuuu:

If it's anything like most of their cups host game and final aside there'll be nobody there.

Guest Roger Kint

Will have to check when i get home. Used to get it on the Virgin media L package but unsure if its still there. That said ES would probably be inferior quality to what can be found elsewhere  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

So how does this Eurosport malarky work with the old school sky packs?

I pretty much have everything bar the sports package and kids, so hopefully will have a bit of Senagalese action this weekend!

Check sky.com they will have a list of channels for each package.

Ivory Coast midfielder Cheik Tiote believes his side have what it takes to end the country's 20-year wait for African Nations Cup glory.

In recent years, the Elephants have always been among the favourites for Africa's continental crown but have fallen short on each occasion.

At the 2010 tournament, they led Algeria 2-1 in the quarter-finals but conceded a stoppage-time equaliser and went on to lose in extra-time, suffering a surprise exit.

With the Algerians, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa and Cameroon all failing to qualify for this year's finals, Ivory Coast are firm bookmakers' favourites to emerge victorious in Equatorial Guinea and Gabon, and Tiote is determined to see his side live up to that billing.

"We have great players so we have to win something - we have to win this Cup of Nations,'' Tiote said. "Every time there is an African tournament people tell us that we are favourites to win, but when you look at our trophy cabinet there is nothing there. Absolutely nothing.''

Despite the absence of several leading nations, Ivory Coast striker Dider Drogba believes his country still have a tough task on their hands to end their long wait to win the event for a second time - their only previous triumph coming after a dramatic 11-10 penalty shootout victory over Ghana in 1992.

"I think the 2012 Cup of Nations will be very difficult, perhaps even more difficult than previous editions,'' he said. "Our ambition is to improve on two years ago when we were eliminated in the quarter-finals.''

Ivory Coast have been drawn in Group B alongside Angola, Burkina Faso and Sudan, who they face in their opening match in Malabo on Sunday.

Until recently i didn't get Eurosport even though i have all 5 Skysports Channels and i didn't have the documentaries either.

They've changed it about 3 months ago and i now get all of the news and documentaries and also Eurosport and Eurosprt HD.

Also got ESPN Free for 2 months as well as a trial.

Africa Cup of Nations: Libya team a symbol of hope for nation renewed

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/19/africa-cup-nations-libya-renewed

Although his son Saadi loved football, running the federation and the Tripoli club Al-Ahly, and having a brief and deeply inglorious spell as a player at Perugia where he was voted the worst ever Serie A signing, Gaddafi himself hated the game. He shut down the local league in 1979, supposedly because, seeing the names of players written on walls, he became jealous of their popularity and afraid of the potential of revolt from the terraces.

In 2000, he was given a clear insight into the anarchic passions football can provoke. There had long been complaints that the league was rigged to ensure Saadi's Al‑Ahly would win. So Al-Ahly of Benghazi, Libya's second city and for a long time the centre of dissent, dressed a donkey in a Tripoli shirt bearing Saadi's squad number and paraded it before kick-off. When the refereeing again favoured Al-Ahly Tripoli, Al-Ahly Benghazi left the stadium at half-time. Bringing dogs with police as back-up, Saadi forced them to return to complete the game, which finished 3-0 to the Tripoli side. Worse was to follow, as Gaddafi Sr had the headquarters of the Benghazi club razed and banned them for six years.

Where others saw football's potential for propaganda successes, Gaddafi was so hostile to the game that he missed his great opportunity. Libya hosted the Cup of Nations in 1982 and reached the final, only to lose on penalties to Ghana. Gaddafi, though, had long since washed his hands of the tournament, his speech at the opening ceremony consisting of one terse sentence: "All you stupid spectators, have your stupid game."

How do Equatorial Guinea get away with having South Americans with no connection to the country in their team? As bad as the England cricket team.