Your Pet Hates

Ants. Mindless little fuckers. They are literally under my whole garden and drive way. That wouldn't be so bad if they didn't come creeping around inside the house every now and then. Fucking little scouts. They don't even realise if they come in they're getting killed. That little suck up that'll follow your trail of ignorance is going to discover your feeble little carcass and do an about turn and fucking sharpish. Discovered some in my hair and t shirt before after being in the garden, now I can't stop itching.

Ants. Mindless little f***ers. They are literally under my whole garden and drive way. That wouldn't be so bad if they didn't come creeping around inside the house every now and then. f***ing little scouts. They don't even realise if they come in they're getting killed. That little suck up that'll follow your trail of ignorance is going to discover your feeble little carcass and do an about turn and f***ing sharpish. Discovered some in my hair and t shirt before after being in the garden, now I can't stop itching.

Get Froggy round.

Guest firetotheworks

People that bang on and on and on about religion being wrong.

Somehow conceited enough to think that not believing in an obviously nonsense religion classifies them as intelligent, but not intelligent enough to realise that it being nonsense is irrelevant at this stage, that patronising or belittling a person that believes in something important to them is pretty much the worst way to try and get them onside, and coming out with the usual "if there was no religion, there would be less/no wars" assumption.

It gets right on my tits, the whole self back patting and matter-of-factness over stuff that doesn't even fucking matter anymore. It doesn't matter if it's wrong, it doesn't matter if it's an amalgamation of other religions. It's like banging on about how Star Wars is actually just a reinterpretation of The Hidden Fortress and Flash Gordon to a Star Wars fan. It makes absolutely no difference to them whatsoever and it won't undo its popularity.

Somehow conceited enough to think that not believing in an obviously nonsense religion classifies them as intelligent, but not intelligent enough to realise that it being nonsense is irrelevant at this stage, that patronising or belittling a person that believes in something important to them is pretty much the worst way to try and get them onside, and coming out with the usual "if there was no religion, there would be less/no wars" assumption.

It gets right on my tits, the whole self back patting and matter-of-factness over stuff that doesn't even fucking matter anymore. It doesn't matter if it's wrong, it doesn't matter if it's an amalgamation of other religions. It's like banging on about how Star Wars is actually just a reinterpretation of The Hidden Fortress and Flash Gordon to a Star Wars fan. It makes absolutely no difference to them whatsoever and it won't undo its popularity.

But it does matter that its wrong because lots and lots of people get hurt by its outworkings at various different levels for no good reason.

You've got to keep chipping away, when it eventually is totally marginalised all over the world, to the extent that it doesn't affect life decisions and culture, it will be because the generations before had kept the pressure on.

I agree with the fact there are a lot of supercilious types about though. Often these are the ones who aren't particularly informed, which makes it more annoying.

But it does matter that its wrong because lots and lots of people get hurt by its outworkings at various different levels for no good reason.

Even if you disregard wars like Israel/Gaza and Syria/Iraq, it affects so many people.  I work with a lot of Muslims.  One girl had to leave her own country in order to have a career, back home she wouldn't be allowed to drive or go to university.  And with a lot of them, you can tell they don't believe, but have to keep up the front anyway.  As much as the hijab is made out to be a choice, their families would probably disown them if they chose not to wear them.

Guest firetotheworks

It gets right on my tits, the whole self back patting and matter-of-factness over stuff that doesn't even f***ing matter anymore. It doesn't matter if it's wrong, it doesn't matter if it's an amalgamation of other religions. It's like banging on about how Star Wars is actually just a reinterpretation of The Hidden Fortress and Flash Gordon to a Star Wars fan. It makes absolutely no difference to them whatsoever and it won't undo its popularity.

It doesn't matter that it's wrong because the impact that it's had is very real. You don't chip away at a problem by pontificating to someone about why something that's a deep-seeded belief to them is wrong, or telling them that they're thick.

I also think that religion is vehicle for man to go to war, rather than a reason. I think it's naive to think that if you discounted religion, people wouldn't find other things to fight over.

It gets right on my tits, the whole self back patting and matter-of-factness over stuff that doesn't even f***ing matter anymore. It doesn't matter if it's wrong, it doesn't matter if it's an amalgamation of other religions. It's like banging on about how Star Wars is actually just a reinterpretation of The Hidden Fortress and Flash Gordon to a Star Wars fan. It makes absolutely no difference to them whatsoever and it won't undo its popularity.

It doesn't matter that it's wrong because the impact that it's had is very real. You don't chip away at a problem by pontificating to someone about why something that's a deep-seeded belief to them is wrong, or telling them that they're thick.

I also think that religion is vehicle for man to go to war, rather than a reason. I think it's naive to think that if you discounted religion, people wouldn't find other things to fight over.

100%

Agreed. Human nature is such that people will always find a reason to start a fight if the other person has something they want. Religion is just a very convenient excuse. Of course that does not mean that the world wouldn't be a better place if everyone just stopped believing, millions would be removed from lives of subordination although what they would all do if they stopped fearing the wrath of their deities, well, God only knows.

It's not just war though, religion facilitates oppression and discrimination and it has a very real effect on the health and wellbeing of people around the world.  If we're discussing religion then i'll challenge people's beliefs just the same as i'd challenge someone who insisted racism isn't a big deal or that the sky is green.

And it's 'deep seated'.

Agreed. Human nature is such that people will always find a reason to start a fight if the other person has something they want. Religion is just a very convenient excuse. Of course that does not mean that the world wouldn't be a better place if everyone just stopped believing, millions would be removed from lives of subordination although what they would all do if they stopped fearing the wrath of their deities, well, God only knows.

Not in Capitalist Countries they wouldn't.