Ray Wilkins, my word what a c***

Turnbull2000

You've got to get men in the box.

The day we lose Pards is the day we get in the management dream team of Gary Birtles and Ray Wilkins.

His knowledge of ball placement in the quadrant is second to none.

Noticed that myself today that he was very negative about Newcastle. The only positive thing I heard him say about the club all day was praising Guthrie and when Jonas tracked back late on in the game and he said, "My word, what a player." Gave Ben Arfa all sorts of shit, praised the QPR fans, ripped on the NUFC fans and was generally very biased.

"My word, Mark Hughes has a good team with him, Hitchy etc." Cunt loves referring to people by their nicknames.

Cabaye was lying on the floor after being clattered in a challenge, whilst the stretcher was coming on, and he said about 7 times "just get up and get on with it" and had the nerve to refer to Cabaye's challenge on Spearing against Liverpool.

Awful commentary. Would he be telling "John" or "Frank" to 'get up and get on it with it' if they were stretchered off? Would he f***.

was very "sad to see" as well. clown.

Just about avoided making a racist/'foreigners' comment when he said "It's sad to see when 'they' do this" or something.

I think I heard him say Wright Phillips is an absolutely fantastic player as well  :lol:

Said that three or four times, something along the lines of "My word this boy can play he'd fit in well in CM as he can just go past players".

It's obvious why he said that to be fair (about Cabs). Would have thought the same had it been another team.

Once it became clear something really was wrong with Cabaye there was no reason not to say you were wrong. But he didn't. That was the most cuntish part.

I thought he was biased throughout the first half, but didn't say anything until Neil mentioned it, glad other people noticed it as well. More of the same in the second half, too. Just fucking horrible all around, even if you take out his clear pro-QPR sentiments. Tbh though, I was just happy I was sitting in a car and was still able to watch the game on my phone, so I tuned him out most of the time.

Wilkins. :facepalm:

Most unbelievable bit of commentary I've ever heard and it's not as if he said it in anger, he repeated it over and over again for about 5 minutes.  Tit.

I still can't believe he was going on like that man.  What did he think Cabaye had to gain from sitting on the floor for 3 minutes after a card had already been awarded?  "It's a foul, simple as that.  So get up and get on with the game".

Normally don't mind him that much but that's the worst piece of commentary I've ever heard, he was still being snidey about Cabaye when he was getting stretchered down the tunnel, what a moron.

He went on and on about how QPR created so many chances, shots on target and were playing quality football early first half, then 5 minutes later he said he just couldn't see them scoring today. His Cabaye rant was embarrassing really, especially since Yohan went off in stretches and couldnt continue..

It's obvious why he said that to be fair (about Cabs). Would have thought the same had it been another team.

Once it became clear something really was wrong with Cabaye there was no reason not to say you were wrong. But he didn't. That was the most cuntish part.

I don't understand that personally, why would a player go back down and stay down after the card's been given?  Especially for that long?

I don't understand that personally, why would a player go back down and stay down after the card's been given?  Especially for that long?

No, agreed that's when it started getting embarrassing for Wilkins as he kept going on about it.

Meant about the way Cabaye was down then up to moan and went back down again. Once it lasted and lasted, clearly something wasn't right.

He wasn't feigning being hit or anything, the only reason you'd go back down so suddenly was if there was a problem.

It's not like he went down and was rolling around and clutching his face. If he did, then Wilkins would have had a point.

Aye, this is what annoyed me the most about Wilkins today.

I was at St James' so I didn't hear him. Glad we upset him by winning though! I find all commentators to be biased against us. Sky also seem to like getting in biased guests e.g. Jamie Redknapp and Joe Cole as the studio 'experts' when we played Liverpool! Last week on ITV there was a sound problem for the Scumderland game and there was no commentary for the first 20 minutes, just crowd noise. It was good until they fixed the 'problem'.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Ray Wilkins is one of the worst co-comentators on TV.

And that takes some doing with the competition he's got.

Nearly as bad as when Sky had Souness as a pundit on one of our games, mere days/weeks after he was sacked. Am sure they also did something similar with Allardyce.

Souness' was the worst punditry ever.  Remember hm doing nothing but criticising the squad and ended up saying that Emre wasn't suited to the English game.  You brought him here you cunt!

Was not a happy bunny today.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/496605322.jpg?Expires=1326656406&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=g-G-oKmIQVDcT8Us~eod7m2LQHAYsuLHqNh65nSBBTNRjpk6yykBH9gvhS9fd2DHjYYrPFuvHmccms2dl-70vp49eJVppi26D-EAKvLcRpcSoHB~4BcnROGbtdEuecItWfebicJHnOA7tP15LmcTZANgYlYq5325Q8JKR3dBwUM_