Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest VaVaVoom

This is exactly the type of signing that will persuade our other quality players to stay and we absolutely must do that this month. On paper we have a frightening XI and only one full back position is a weak link. If the club show the ambition to keep everyone and this guy hits the ground running, there's no reason at all that we can't aim to finish 4th.

Sell no-one, tie Krul/Colo/Ba on new long term deals, sign Benalouane or Samba, sign Cissokho, aim for the top 4.

That there would be the sort of ambition we want from FMA.

Mbiwa and Cissokho in and we are now a side who CAN challenge for CL.

steady on

IF we DID get those two in as well with no outgoings would you not agree like?

Cant say its not possible....nobody seen this coming did they?

I think we're already lucky to be where we are, never mind a few places higher (which is CONSIDERABLY more difficult)

Sorry mate but you're falling into the old cliché of deluded geordies

I dont think i am to be honest. We are 6th, level with 5th and 3 points behind 4th. We are in good form, have a decent run of games, two key players to come back and boost the team and now a quality new strike partner for our main man Ba. That alone should give us more than enough to secure europa league football. Add in a quality LB and CB cover then why couldnt we push for CL?

I am not saying for one minute we WOULD do it but we WOULD have a greater chance at it no?

This is exactly the type of signing that will persuade our other quality players to stay and we absolutely must do that this month. On paper we have a frightening XI and only one full back position is a weak link. If the club show the ambition to keep everyone and this guy hits the ground running, there's no reason at all that we can't aim to finish 4th.

Sell no-one, tie Krul/Colo/Ba on new long term deals, sign Benalouane or Samba, sign Cissokho, aim for the top 4.

That there would be the sort of ambition we want from FMA.

Mbiwa and Cissokho in and we are now a side who CAN challenge for CL.

steady on

IF we DID get those two in as well with no outgoings would you not agree like?

Cant say its not possible....nobody seen this coming did they?

Llambias presumably did, or at least hoped for it. Done a great job on the playing side considering the finances involved and happy just to let them get on with it. The aim was to get to a point we could take advantage of an opportunity that became available, and we have finally (fingers crossed) got our second striker. Top stuff. :thup:

I know this hasnt happened, but imagine ashley has finally.thought

Fuck it, we're not too far off here, lets ho for it. He could turn.his reputation about by changing his attitude a bit here. Fingers crossed

Has he played with wor Demba much for Senegal? Anybody know if they have a good natural understanding between them?

Would be absolutely brilliant if the two can play upfront together for club and country and form an unreal understanding. Sort of like Pirlo and Gattuso in the middle of the pitch a couple of years back.

"Initial reports of a £10m fee gave way to one in the region of £7.5m-£8m plus the inevitable add-ons. As to whether there's a release clause, we'll have to wait for the next Tottenham press conference to find that out..."

Might have been posted before, but I enjoyed it nontheless. I'm actually chuffed to bits with this, not just because we're finally moving, but because we've more or less aquired a top quality forward in the process. Can't wait to see this confirmed!

I know this hasnt happened, but imagine ashley has finally.thought

Fuck it, we're not too far off here, lets ho for it. He could turn.his reputation about by changing his attitude a bit here. Fingers crossed

Well I say why not? 

"Ashley loves a gamble" is always used as the rationalization for any hypothetical bad move by the club ("Heard Ashley was going to set fire to Ba, Best and Lovenkrands, maybe he thinks we can see the season out with only shola up front after all he loves a gamble") might as well let it work in the other direction.