Is racist abuse still an issue in North East football?

Big Geordie

Fella behind me at SOL this season was happy to give SAFC's 'black bastards' stick but seemed oblivious to the fact that NUFC had their very own 'black bastards'

Not good to hear and in all honesty I find grown men with this attitude more than slightly embarrassing. They are like dinosaurs and are generally 4o plus year old wankers.

• 10 months later...

Not a very pleasant story to tell, and I'm copying and pasting from earlier. I apologise in advance for the language used, but it is an accurate portrayal.

Lost today, as expected. City fans were twats, some of them, flares thrown into the lower tiers, and I'm not talking trousers.

These things bothered me very little. What bothered me were at least two alleged Newcastle fans, ones I've heard a lot of shit from before.

"You black cunt"

"fuck off back home Yaya"

and

"Fuck off back to Africa"

I probably should have gone straight to report this, but being a daft twat thought I'd confront him. The details are sketchy at this point, but I wasn't injured, merely threatened to have my head kicked in.

I may talk tough sometimes, but I'll admit I was fucking terrified. I'm sure I've been more scared, but not very often.

Not very long story shortened, I wasn't going back to those seats under any circumstances, there's a bunch of them. I was all for going home, but security/stewards got us a couple of seats at pitch level in the Leazes.

They played much better second half and I really didn't give a toss. I don't know the outcome re:the racism, but I know at least one person confirmed the things I heard, and frankly I'm guessing dozens more did.

This is the 21st Century. What is wrong with people?

who cares? sick of hearing about racism in football.

Dear me. It's something that has no place in society whatsoever, so the sooner people like this are ejected from games and handed bans then maybe they will just learn. As far as I'm concerned the fact that you say you're not bothered by this makes you as bad as they are.

Don't blame abcdefg for not reporting them either as unfortunately it's the world we live in. I'm also not surprised at the fact he was threatened when he confronted them either.

Regular away followers will probably agree with me on this but some of the things you hear on away days is absolutely cringeworthy and disgusting when we travel to towns with a high population of ethnic minorities.

You are part of the problem. To sane people, don't pretend you didn't hear it next time. Otherwise what's the point of paying lip-service to anti-racism campaigns? I'm sick to death of the attitudes expressed by people such as yourself. Flame away.

Dear me. It's something that has no place in society whatsoever, so the sooner people like this are ejected from games and handed bans then maybe they will just learn. As far as I'm concerned the fact that you say you're not bothered by this makes you as bad as they are.

Don't blame abcdefg for not reporting them either as unfortunately it's the world we live in. I'm also not surprised at the fact he was threatened when he confronted them either.

Regular away followers will probably agree with me on this but some of the things you hear on away days is absolutely cringeworthy and disgusting when we travel to towns with a high population of ethnic minorities.

Oh I did report them, it's just I should have, for my own safety and that of others not said anything to them first. I'll let you all know if I hear anything back from the club/police.

i dont really care what names people like to call each other over the internet, it doesn't bother me.

people constantly repeating over racism is harming the game.

Racists are harming the game, not those who talk about it.  :lol:

Not a very pleasant story to tell, and I'm copying and pasting from earlier. I apologise in advance for the language used, but it is an accurate portrayal.

Lost today, as expected. City fans were twats, some of them, flares thrown into the lower tiers, and I'm not talking trousers.

These things bothered me very little. What bothered me were at least two alleged Newcastle fans, ones I've heard a lot of shit from before.

"You black cunt"

"fuck off back home Yaya"

and

"Fuck off back to Africa"

I probably should have gone straight to report this, but being a daft twat thought I'd confront him. The details are sketchy at this point, but I wasn't injured, merely threatened to have my head kicked in.

I may talk tough sometimes, but I'll admit I was fucking terrified. I'm sure I've been more scared, but not very often.

Not very long story shortened, I wasn't going back to those seats under any circumstances, there's a bunch of them. I was all for going home, but security/stewards got us a couple of seats at pitch level in the Leazes.

They played much better second half and I really didn't give a toss. I don't know the outcome re:the racism, but I know at least one person confirmed the things I heard, and frankly I'm guessing dozens more did.

This is the 21st Century. What is wrong with people?

Should have gone to the stewards - no sense in tackling them on your own. Ignorant arseholes.

It's not just in NE football it's everywhere in society. When you get rhetoric from the Govt saying that the amount of immigrants coming to this country could have filled a city the size of Birmingham as a derogatory point and Judges not punishing people who've been racist because they believe the "n" word isn't racist,  nor offensive , then you are going to get idiots with these horrible views playing up to this. Some of the press also have been advocating these views too. It's symptomatic of this country and the way its being governed at the moment.

You can now text the club about racist abuse btw, the number is in the match day prog, text stand, row and seat no and security and stewards will look into it and monitor said person without you needed to be threatened by some neanderthal meat head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20744570

Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov accused of racial abuse

Police are investigating an allegation that Manchester City player Aleksandar Kolarov racially abused Newcastle United supporters during his side's game at St James' Park.

Northumbria Police confirmed they were investigating a complaint following Saturday's match.

It is alleged Serbia international defender Kolarov, 27, made comments to fans holding an Albanian flag.

There is a history of enmity between Serbia and Albania.

The force said it took such allegations "extremely seriously" and inquiries were ongoing into the incident.

Kolarov is understood to vehemently deny the allegation.

The player came on as a substitute in City's 3-1 win over Newcastle but was replaced 18 minutes from time.

Tensions between Serbia and Albania most recently relate to the majority-Albanian Kosovo, which declared independence from Serbia in 2008.

Police have asked for anyone who heard or saw anything, or has any information, to contact them.