Is racist abuse still an issue in North East football?

Big Geordie

The whole "should i report them or not" issue is a tough one, but id always be careful like. You never know how many of his mates sit in that section, could have kicked off badly. I wouldnt have done what abcdefg did either as im probably too much of a pussy for that :lol:

Its sad but until more people take a stand, its hard for the minority who want to change things, to actually change things. Fairplay for your attempt but bloody watch yourself next time! :)

I've just heard the standard Adebayor chant and stuff like that at the game, sickening to me but I wonder if the people singing it actually realise what they're doing.

Most of the direct "you black bastard" type stuff I've heard in the pub watching it on TV. I challenged a guy for that a couple of years ago and he just went red and backed down.

I've heard "town full of pakis" sung a few times, "black c***" a few times against both our own and opposition players, and by far the worst, Ventspils away which turned into a full on racist rally, with chants of "kill the pakis" and one guy (a regular at away games) preaching to much applause against "pakis" - there were only about 70 toon fans at the match and it was the day of the major transatlantic liquid bomb scare, the match was s*** so it really did turn into a sort of English Defence League gathering. I've never been more ashamed in my life. I really was gutted to see nobody banned, with the Latvian police filming it all, but it never seemed to be picked up by anyone.

Everybody from the Balkans is racist. Let them duke it out amongst themselves.

Get Kolarov a shirt that says, "I'd rather be ethnic cleansing."

They already did duke it out once, then NATO had to step in.

Guest hydeous

Is 'fuck off back to Africa' all that different from chants aimed at the cockney mafia asking them to 'fuck off back to London'?

I think a lot of times, especially when football is concerned, casual abuse is mistaken for racist abuse.

Anyway, I think the UK as a whole is extra sensitive about this issue, so perhaps it's normal for you guys to want to completely eliminate racism and all words associated with it.

Is 'f*** off back to Africa' all that different from chants aimed at the cockney mafia asking them to 'f*** off back to London'?

I think a lot of times, especially when football is concerned, casual abuse is mistaken for racist abuse.

Anyway, I think the UK as a whole is extra sensitive about this issue, so perhaps it's normal for you guys to want to completely eliminate racism and all words associated with it.

Yes, fuck off back to Africa clearly has many more negative connotations.  I'd even say "fuck off up north" is more serious than "fuck off to london" for the same reason, but to a much much smaller extent.

The same as the 'send em back' comment about second generation Asians and Muslims.  I still don't understand this, where are we sending them exactly?  Who's having them?

I've never noticed it at the football too much TBH.  I love down south and get to quite a few home and away matches.  I've seen a few EDL - Wallsend Division twats, heard the odd 'town full of p****' chant but usually only sung by a minority. But there was a lad I used to stand next to in L7 that was a right twat.

All kinds of racist abuse aimed at our own players, the other team's players, opposing fans, whoever really, he wasn't particular.  I remember him once shouting to some Wolves fan (I think) something along the lines of "you p*** c***, I hope you get cancer you vile bastad"  About ten people (including myself) told him he was out of order and to pipe down. 

I go over the top and say some stupid things in the heat of the moment, but that is just fucking disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

In a pub near Kings Cross before the Arsenal game.  We were watching the Spurs v mackems and various renditions of the 'sunderland's a massive club were sung'.  About 5 lads piped up with, "You've got the Punjab army, in the stands"....  Not many joined in and they just carried on on their own.  Ridiculous.

In the same pub, a load of Derby fans were singing Demba Ba's name to the Adebayor song.  They came across as right wankers before they chirped up with this, I didn't really see the need.  His name doesn't even fit and I wasn't aware of any reason for Derby to hate us?  Or they are just casually racist, idiot fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20744570

Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov accused of racial abuse

Police are investigating an allegation that Manchester City player Aleksandar Kolarov racially abused Newcastle United supporters during his side's game at St James' Park.

Northumbria Police confirmed they were investigating a complaint following Saturday's match.

It is alleged Serbia international defender Kolarov, 27, made comments to fans holding an Albanian flag.

There is a history of enmity between Serbia and Albania.

The force said it took such allegations "extremely seriously" and inquiries were ongoing into the incident.

Kolarov is understood to vehemently deny the allegation.

The player came on as a substitute in City's 3-1 win over Newcastle but was replaced 18 minutes from time.

Tensions between Serbia and Albania most recently relate to the majority-Albanian Kosovo, which declared independence from Serbia in 2008.

Police have asked for anyone who heard or saw anything, or has any information, to contact them.

My pal was telling me about this as he was sat there when it took place.

Kolarov, noticed an Albanian flag next to the away dug out where my pal and his brother sit, when Kolarov noticed the flag he gave them abuse, then when City scored Kolarov came running back to the Alabian Newcastle fans and gave them more abuse, this went on for a little while.  The Albanians told my pal and his brother the abuse they were getting...so they spoke with the stewards...In the end the stewards asked them to remove the Albainian flag from the pitch side.  My pals brother is the one who contacted the police about the incident.

Guest Phil K
rby fans were singing Demba Ba's name to the Adebayor song.  They came across as right wankers before they chirped up with this, I didn't really see the need.  His name doesn't even fit and I wasn't aware of any reason for Derby to hate us?  Or they are just casually racist, idiot fans.

There was no reason for Villa fans to go over the top with their celebrations at our relegation, which they did as if we were their big derby. Lots of dopes letting the media think for them is the problem, and to be fair, no bugger gives a toss about Derby anyways, so they'd want attention.