NUFC's international players

wormy

Just sat here thinking how strange it is to want to take a fervent interest in the ACN what with us having three players there. Then I suddenly realised just how much wealth of international players we have in our side right now.

Krul starting to make a name for himself in the Dutch set up

Santon Italian U21 captain

I like to think even the unbiased eye feels Colo is deserving of an Argentina recall sooner or later, and Jonas a regular for Argentina

Cabaye starting to really come to prominence in the French squad, and if HBA shines for us, you'd assume he'll be around the squad quite sharpish

Tiote a big player for Ivory Coast

The Demba bros, the Senegalese dream team

Shall I push the boat out and mention the England rumours with Saylor and Simmo? :lol:

But either way, it's crazy some of the talent we've got right now. :aww:

Guest Chubby Jason

I think Steven Taylor would have got a cap this season if he'd not got his injury. Best way well be going to the Euro's.

I think Steven Taylor would have got a cap this season if he'd not got his injury. Best way well be going to the Euro's.

Capello doesn't come up here. When he wasn't the last squad I gave up hope tbh.

Playing devil's advocate, our relegation season had many internationals as well.

Given, Duff - ROI

Viduka - Australia

Owen - England

Colo, Jonas - Argentina

Martins - Nigeria

Geremi - Cameroon

Beye - Senegal

Granted they were all older, but we've always had internationals in our squad down the years.

Guest Chubby Jason

It's a highly competitive area in the squad to be fair. If Terry ends up getting found guilty on this racism thing it would free up a place and Taylor would have to have been considered at least for a friendly. Mind you the last time he was called up for an England squad his form went to shit for what seemed like an age.

:thup: Never felt Saylor would ever truly get a shot with the England squad. I just don't think there'd be enough of a concerted effort by the media and the like to highlight to Capello the fact there's a player outside his usual picks performing to a high enough standard to break into the squad. :dontknow:

Playing devil's advocate, our relegation season had many internationals as well.

Given, Duff - ROI

Viduka - Australia

Owen - England

Colo, Jonas - Argentina

Martins - Nigeria

Geremi - Cameroon

Beye - Senegal

Granted they were all older, but we've always had internationals in our squad down the years.

Most definitely, but the majority of the players mentioned have proven to us over a pretty good length of time that they have the ability and won't be the shitecunts that the likes of Owen and Duff were, the terminally absent like Viduka and so on and so forth. Captain Hindsight, maybe, but it just feels so much more exciting. :aww:

It's a highly competitive area in the squad to be fair. If Terry ends up getting found guilty on this racism thing it would free up a place and Taylor would have to have been considered at least for a friendly. Mind you the last time he was called up for an England squad his form went to s*** for what seemed like an age.

Plenty of players deemed better than him by Capello:

Lescott, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones and Jagielka come to mind.

Given, Duff - ROI

Viduka - Australia

Owen - England

Colo, Jonas - Argentina

Martins - Nigeria

Geremi - Cameroon

Beye - Senegal

Most definitely, but the majority of the players mentioned have proven to us over a pretty good length of time that they have the ability and won't be the shitecunts that the likes of Owen and Duff were, the terminally absent like Viduka and so on and so forth. Captain Hindsight, maybe, but it just feels so much more exciting. :aww:

Definitely more exciting :) - I was just being pedantic and pointing out that it's not strange to have a wealth of internationals in our squad.