The Internet War seems to have kicked off today....

Guest Wally_McFool

I don't get it, operative Barrett Brown? Excuse the ignorance, how's he getting away with not getting in s*** if he's publically known as a part of the Anonymous group?

Won't be his real name

:doh: Should've been my first assumption really. :lol:

Wish Anonymous would fuck off, spotty kids always makes shit worse. The best hackers in general end up recruited by the government agencies to fend off these brats in the first place. If anything, their "attacks" will help the press turn the general opinion against them and thus make them support shit like SOPA. They should rather "attack" news outlets with prepared statements informing the public, easily the better way and not as douchey.

It's ridiculous what those Anonymous ones can do.

A lot of the attacks on websites are either down to bad security on behalf of the sysadmins or by using tools created by others.  To be honest, if you've got a few quid (or someone higher up the food chain with a vested interest) pretty much anyone can setup a DDoS attack given a little bit of time or run through known SQL injection vulnerabilities using third party tools.  Doesn't take much skill really, although I will admit some of the stuff they have done does seem impressive - at least on the outside.

Press will support what they're told to support no matter what some kids do.

I hate the kids more than I hate the press tbh. They almost fucked Assange more than the rape accusations did tbh by trying to "help" his cause. His cause was to reveal secrets to the public, informing them of various injustices and shit. Not fucking preforming acts of Internet vandalism. In doing what they did they just threw fuel on the stake the media was burning him on. And now this, they're basically just giving the governments better PR for their SOPA shit.