Best places (pubs/bars) to watch Toon games back in the Toon?

ExiledGeordie

I'm back up in the Toon staying with my Dad midweek the week of the Blackburn away match.

Where's best to catch the match as it'll probs be on foreign tv I imagine? Remember someone mentioned that Shark Bar opposite St James but anywhere else decent, pubs and that in the centre?

Still visit the Toon fairly regularly but haven't watched a match in a boozer there for a long while. I remember fondly the Inventions/Bar Oz days (no idea what it's called now)

I just went to Tynemouth the last few times I've been up.  Sammy Jack's has got a massive screen and you can always go to better pubs around there when the match is finished.  They openly advertise that they've got the match on outside a fair few of them pubs in Tynemouth.

Guest Roger Kint

Usually Pacific/Huxsters(cant remember the new name LEA or something) have them on, both not too crowded and decent screens. Personally wouldnt go in Pacific like but they were advertising games last time i went past.

Usually Pacific/Huxsters(cant remember the new name LEA or something) have them on, both not too crowded and decent screens. Personally wouldnt go in Pacific like but they were advertising games last time i went past.

LYH is the latest incarnation of Huxsters....

Guest Roger Kint

LYH is the latest incarnation of Huxsters....

Thats the bugger, wasnt far off :D

I went to Shark Bar for the Norwich game. Very trendy place, the birds behind the bar are cracking to look at but not much more, seem a bit dizzy to say the least and very annoying trying to sell calendars every 5 minutes. They were streamimg the Norwich game off the internet with poor quality and lost the signal for around 15 mins each half! Missing Ba's first goal. Ive heard teh have the sky games on in 3D. Not sure if i would recommend as there wasnt alot of atmosphere in there.

I think Shark Club is canny.

same, nowt wrong with the bar lasses either :)

last game i was in for was city, was a canny atmosphere for a bar tbf

used to like players, mainly for the massive screen, beers the absolute pits tho

I think Shark Club is canny.

same, nowt wrong with the bar lasses either :)

last game i was in for was city, was a canny atmosphere for a bar tbf

used to like players, mainly for the massive screen, beers the absolute pits tho

On a related note, if only the Cluny showed footy. My fucking word.

Anyone know of any pubs in york that will be likely to show the match tomorrow?

the terrace and the windmill both usually have the newastle game on.

bloody hell that brings a memory or two back. i don't suppose the mad miserable french woman is still the landlady ?